1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Major Dowry Drama...should Wedding Be Called Off?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by GoodVibesOnly, Sep 10, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roses3

Roses3 Senior IL'ite

@GoodVibesOnly I think you are unnecessarily portraying your richness here. Be it rich or poor, dowry is a dowry. If you didn't have a problem with it, you shouldn't have posted it as a trouble. You have all the rights to change your mind but and call "dowry" as "gifts" but you are still overlooking the fact that it was demanded and not volunteered (as per your post). For your kind information, you should know that being traditional doesn't mean you have to approve dowry. I mentioned it because of the differences in the societies between western and Indian culture. I would suggest you to read your post clearly before asking others. Anyway, I am happy for you. Good luck.....

rky and NeetaR like this.
  2. GoodVibesOnly

GoodVibesOnly Senior IL'ite

@ Roses3

Over the last few weeks since I posted on this thread, my understanding of the situation changed as many other things have happened, some of which I updated here, I'm not sure you read all my posts before hand as this will provide more clarity to you, before you give your input. I'm not trying to portray my wealth, but rather stating the facts as many have asked questions relating to it, I think you are very quick to judge without taking the time read through everything. Anyway thank you for your well wishes.

3. GoodVibesOnly

GoodVibesOnly Senior IL'ite

@Moderator

Could you please close this thread as my issue has be resolved, thank you all for the great advice :)

Induslady likes this.
  4. minn1

minn1 Silver IL'ite

@GoodVibesOnly
    A third party opinion always gives you clarity of your problems and impartial opinions,it is very good that you asked, not only you it can help many other girls.enjoy your wedding and take advices in good spirit .but just for knowledge please do post your update of your situation 1 year after your wedding whatever it is.......wish it shd be good .
    This incident should not make you shy away from asking here,it is beneficial for so many.
    Also on a quicknote if you love our culture please do read Upinashads,Mahabharata ,vedas etc when u have time. As an educated girl u will certainly be able to follow it and form a 'correct' opinion of our 'culture' rather than hearsay

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2016
    Induslady likes this.
  5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.