1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@radv watercress is a little more tender and brahmi/vallarai is a little hard is my exposure.. though many suggest the usage of this green raw in salads, i feel a little blanched is a better.. but again to each her own.

Indhradhanu likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the indian pennywort grows around water bodies..so full of medicinal benefits.
    and i have mentioned the innumerable benefits of this greens..coolant. nerve stimulator and therefore used in stress relief and treating nervous breakdown and depression. also is used in treate rheumatism.

Indhradhanu likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

try the same with mint and coriander too @pumpkin01.. it comes very handy..i love adding mint to my rotis while making dough..even coriander powdered can be added when you do not have fresh in rasam and other sabjis just like kasoori methi crushed.

and thank you for following these.. curry leaves are so good for health, but many just discard it after tempering

Indhradhanu, maggi32 and pumpkin01 like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Indhradhanu love the color retained by the brussel sprouts.. yum. i love the vegetable..introduced to this by a family friend, and got to pluck them directly from the plant..long long ago.. omg just remember the number of yeears ago makes me feel maudlin that time flies..

try fried rice, fried brussel sprouts. oven roasted with a little olive oil..

Indhradhanu and maggi32 like this.
  5. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

I do use dried mint in rotis and dahi raitas but never tried coriander... will sure try it.

You are so right about the curry leaves...... I also used to discard but after I came to know the health benefits I have started chewing them in raw form it helps me a lot to combat with my constipation problem.

Shanvy likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@pumpkin01 good. the tender leaves of both curry leaves and neem are very good for health. i eat them whenever i can lay my hands on them..and we now have a betel plant the common area, and i pluck a leaf of that too..lol..it is good source of iron, and betel that we get during pooja, i just place a few grapes in between them and chew..that is a nice way..not loaded like a meeta paan. even tooti frooti..

pumpkin01 likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

A little busy but want to say eat healthy and have a great fun filled Diwali dears.
    Do not drive yourself of sweets and goodies have them in small quantities and don't fall pray to the organic Diwali goodies in the market as such.

pumpkin01 likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

My gulf buddies you now get all millers like thinai, Koda and all in your places. If interested chk out.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

And recently I met someone who has been diagnosed with pcos and the tenssion and anxiety and desperation to get rid of it makes me cry. Not just for that person but for many of my known and unknown friends who must be in the same situation.

This person was asked to drink grapefruit juice everyday by her Gynaec. Seriously grapefruit juice is good but it is also known grapefruit is notorious for reacting to a few meds. So please read up on it and when you are in doubt go moderate on food suggestions by anyone. Ask questions maintain a diary. What worked for one may not work for another,as they say one's food is another's poison.

The same person was told to avoid barley because of its gi. Barley that has its bran has a very low gi so good for insulin control and even pearl barley is not bad.

So eat educatedly.

10. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Awww.. I have missed to reply to this post. really that is very smart idea of incorporating paan :worship2:... once we know the goodness of these leaves we can't discard them without using them.

Shanvy likes this.