1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have You Ever Felt Guilty Of Ending A Friendship?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Sep 26, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I like the sound of that! I assume it means things will pass off quickly.Anyways,it is just for some years..
    after that my kiddos are on my own..
    thanks so much rihana for being patient and answering..sweet of you :)

Rihana likes this.
  2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

How many people are you going to hide from?
    I think you should raise your self esteem. Work on that.

When my son was young, I used to pick him up everyday and used to talk to the mom's for an hour or so where the kids play, thats why most of my close friends are my son's mom's. After I started working I did not make new mom friends. When you drop and go, its hard to make friends.

I don't know your need for being social, for me, I need people around me. Its hard for me to be alone, and in this country we are fewer choices too. When the kids are young, pick few friends you can get along with because, usually those friendships goes long way. If the issues are small and once in a while, ignore , none of us are perfect, if its constant, just move away and move on.

anika987 and coolgal123 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I like my neighborhood ladies and attend their get togethers and i talk to them.I have no problem with them.
    this ex friend is the one i have a problem with..i thought it was over but her closest buddies are moms to kids who will surely be my kid's classmates..don't know how it will influence my child,but did not feel comfortable abt it..

Hmm..I actually talk to lot of people and that i have no problem with but if i feel dominated by someone or if someone is blunt/rude,my past surfaces like a waterfall and things so awry :(

will work harder on myself..thanks dear

4. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Ended friendship with two friends because everything was according their own term.There was lot of powerplay going on.Dont feel guilty.

anika987 likes this.
  5. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 ....you don't have to run away from that ex friend. If you have to attend the kids birthday parties, then attend for your kids happiness. Don't worry about that lady if she too attends the party. Just say hi, hello and keep your talks minimal. Don't get into long conversations. Try to spend time with other parents in the party.

Don't give such an importance to that lady in your life. She is not your life, you didn't do anything wrong, so you don't have to hide from her. Who is she to decide your happiness, is she worth so much that you are spending so much of your valuable time thinking about her and worrying about her? In a way you are giving so much of importance or value to her by spending time on her. Just ignore dear & attend the parties confidently.

anika987 likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

true dear..it's just that is something goes wrong itself she is blunt.she cringes her face and puts on a angry face and turns away/walks off..now,i have completely cut her off abruptly and she will be very rude if we meet,,knowing her well she will be very rude.plus those ladies who r her besties/neighbors are moms to my kids classmates..just worried she might influence them and create drama etc..dont know how but i dont want my child to get affected..
    anyways thanks for ur kind words dear

7. minn1

minn1 Silver IL'ite

even i was bullied my mom was a bit narcissist so u know probably daughters were not well groomed in teen(well.. diff story altogether).so as of now my only friend is my husband since i have taken career break i do not want to contact any one unless Im in new job .i dont know if i should be happy actually im very happy with husband his friends function mrg ,birthdays etc i go but i dont have any friends i dont like my school friends but old workplace friends i like whom i dont want to contact due to career break.sometimes i feel im weird.also im too sensitive in friendships.

anika987 likes this.
  8. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

OMG, this is exactly the reason I ended a friendship with a bully 2 years back. Just plain told her that I would not take non sense from her even if she considers it is normal to bully her friends.

Do I feel guilty? I did for initial month or two. But every time I would think of her, I would get a mild heart attack. Heck, every time her call would come, I would go into a downward spiral of negativity. It took me months to realize that It is ok to disconnect with her. People do not always need to stay on in our lives if they do not bring us any joy at all. It is easier if they are not close family.
    Did I miss her? I could only remember the world of pain she was to be around. I choose to not let people like her consider as friends. I doubt what she would be thinking about this. But you know what they always replace one friend by another to bully on.

Even if this person meets you again, do not over think about how you disconnected with her. Just know that you have every right to chose who you want to be friends with. Kid will grow up, life will go on and you will have one less person to worry or think about.

minn1, blindpup10 and anika987 like this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks minn and blessings..
    Though at times I feel guilty of ending the friendship abruptly,I finally feel at peace and am myself.

When I was around her,I realized my self esteem hit a new low,I no longer enjoy wearing what I really like and I felt like a side kick and also bit intimidated.What's the use of a friendship when you cannot be relaxed?

My idea of friendship is not perfection or even like minded nowadays but to "be comfortable and at ease".That's all.

I realized my side of the mistakes too.Never ever make friendships on the basis of looks,status,need for company and going out a lot,need help etc.You just need to be comfortable around them.

One more good thing through fb is I finally made peace with all those lovely people back in college days who were actually nice to me.Disregarded them as I thought they were not worthy enough during my teen years.I realized I am the one who was not worthy enough of their friendship and now I keep in touch with them and they are so pleased with my change.

Ditched all the junk people or limited them in my life.Glad I finally figured out what I need :)

blessings1010 likes this.