1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Hubby's Reaction To A Messy Home?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SeekingMind, Sep 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pia2016

Pia2016 New IL'ite

@Lakshmi6197 I planned to do exactly the same thing but then I get irritable myself if I live in a dirty house - he wont do anything for sure. So I am going to probably put up a swollen face and not do anything today but tomorrow I know things will go get back to normal because firstly hes will say/do something really sweet and patch up and secondly, it has become a morning ritual for me to tidy up the house. Women!!! :shakehead:

Lakshmi6197 likes this.
  2. Lakshmi6197

Lakshmi6197 Gold IL'ite

:) I get it. Thats how we women are :nut: If it is just a vent, let it be. But if it bugs you, the solution is very simple. You need to dole out the bitter medicine only once :grinning-smiley-048:

3. Pia2016

Pia2016 New IL'ite

Hahaha!!! :thumbup:

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Babe, if it bothers you, delegate. Sweetly, politely but firmly. Earlier when my husband complained, I would simply say, "right. I didn't get to it. So, please do it..Now. "

Now he really doesn't complain. He just does it. Problem was his mum and sis used to run around tidying away before dad/ visitors came home while the boys sauntered about. He didn't realise his precious hands could be soiled for keeping the house clean. So, firmly delegate.

Rihana, dimhere, Pia2016 and 2 others like this.
  5. Pia2016

Pia2016 New IL'ite

@guesshoo Yes, you are right. DH does pitch in if I my requests don't sound commanding. He usually never bothers to comment but then I don't know what I saw today morning ( my face usually ), today started badly. Silent treatment worked as I found him cleaning the dishes as I was preparing lunch during our break - I know he wants to take his words back. All okay now I guess. I am going to wash that mat today!

6. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

This definitely requires silent treatment / bitter medicine / swollen face treatment - all of it. Saying "the mat is dirty" is different from "a woman has left it dirty".

If I were you, I wouldn't clean the mat at all. HE would clean the mat during the weekend to HIS standards.

I would continue to be the awesome WOMAN that I am by doing my regular cleaning around the house.

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Years from now, you will look back on this and laugh at it. Having your gender thrown at you in a husband-wife argument is almost a trope (an often overused plot device, like long lost siblings in Hindi movies). Usually, the damage is less if it is thrown at the woman, than at the man.

Most likely he regretted the statement as soon as it was made. Now, it is up to you how to wrap it up. The silent treatment is fine, and already working. After 2-3 days, maybe in the weekend, after a good lunch, and all house cleaned to everyone's satisfaction, you could bring up the matter of 'no woman lives here' : ) Use your imagination. Ask what defines woman. Go stand on the mat, arms akimbo, and take it from there...

The situation has too much naughty potential to pass up.

After all is said and done, let this be a bygone...

Pia2016 likes this.
  8. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

hahaha, nice idea, i guess i can implement it...as i also have habit of throwing the things here n there after entering the house...

Viswamitra likes this.