1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Truth Of The Quote....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Sometime back I happened to read a quote which goes by like this – “Go to the people and the places that set a spark in your soul”. A lovely one with a lot of meaning when truly understood.

A week back I decided that I must start going for walks in the morning, having got tired of swimming daily. Changing my routine you can say…and where else would I go than the park :) that has been my soul mate literally at all times for the last couple of years. So now you know why I like the above quote. A place where I’ve been transported back in time or looked into the future, this and that and a lot of other things.

So thus I started waking up early with a lot of fuss initially and managed to drag my feet outside. When I moved past the gate inside the park, I stood still for a moment to feel and rejuvenate my senses. Surprisingly I felt nothing, LOL, maybe I wasn’t paying attention to my inner self or probably it was a mere sleep walk :thinking:. Well I don’t know what it was but I felt nothing, much to my annoyance. I looked around and could see there were more benches than the last time I had been here. A year ago was when I visited last, a shelter had also been built so definitely the changes. I started off the usual way walking slowly looking around. The air was fresh and clean, the grass green and well kept. A couple of rounds and I it just felt like I was walking but inside of me I was motionless. Time being an important factor I stepped out hoping maybe the next day would be better. Starting problem I said to myself :rolleyes:, having lost touch with nature, the park and its surroundings.

This ritual continued for a week, neither did I feel hooked to thoughts nor was I dreaming, which I tend to do a lot normally :D. My mind seemed to be under a total shutdown. But only until this morning, when an incident shook my system to reboot. Oh I totally missed out the fact that my DH has been accompanying me the last 2 days. It was less than 10 minutes after we had entered when suddenly we heard loud yells coming from the other end and people started gathering around. Out of curiosity we walked over there to notice a middle aged man lying motionless on the bench. His hands and legs were awkwardly stretched and his mouth wide open. It was a chaotic scene, people were checking his pulse, someone tried to give him water but it flowed down. His head was slumped backwards and one of them stepped forward to hold it still. Couple of them checked his breathe but kept mum without uttering a word, DH also the same. Luckily since the family happened to stay close by family members came over quickly and carried him to take to the hospital. My DH said he was gone, there was no pulse nor breathe and so did the others after the family left. By the time we left the park an hour later it came to our knowledge that he was proclaimed dead on arrival in the hospital.

A very disturbing event to start the day with, worse to be fully aware that a person passed away just silently sitting on the bench :frown:. This person would have woken up like it’s just another day, and must have decided to take a stroll. Little would he or is family would have known that today was his last and that he would leave from a place where you would least expect. There could be a reason for the passing away of this elderly gentleman that would be known later, an attack that’s most likely.

A week into my walking I was dreading that I’m not feeling a connection with my old park and the aura is gone. But today after this incident yet again I learnt the importance of “TIME” , value of life, and the uncertainty that prevails in us and around us. We go about planning like there is always more time and procrastinate, little do we realize that death can come knocking on the door anytime and anywhere. No prior notice is given, we are forced to leave everything and everyone even if it’s reluctantly.

I remembered my dad first thing, knowing he goes for his walk in the wee hours of the morning. I said a silent prayer asking God to keep him well, the least I could do at that moment. Mixed emotions took me on a ride that became overbearing for me eventually. I laid my thoughts to rest knowing what has to happen will happen, you cannot defy the forces of nature. But what I can do is look at the day with a positive intent irrespective of the strings attached. Live each moment well, cherish it, respect time, know that today is the day and now is the time. I will do what makes me happy, and what is good for my well being. Rest of it can be looked at another time when it happens.

Going back to the quote, a timely one – I definitely know I have this one place that is special and dear to me, that holds infinite memories, seen me through both my good and bad times. A soulful connection that makes me come back time not being a deterrent, bridging the gap always :angel:.

Kamalji, GoogleGlass, knbg and 4 others like this.

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meenu :)
    Nice one. Agree with all these lines which you wrote in your post.:)
    " look at the day with a positive intent irrespective of the strings attached. Live each moment well, cherish it, respect time, know that today is the day and now is the time. I will do what makes me happy, and what is good for my well being. Rest of it can be looked at another time when it happens....

Scorpio707 likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Very introspective, thought provoking. Less of scorpio and more of Srama.

Scorpio707 likes this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meenu,
    Some incidents changes our perspective towards certain things in an instant ! It is very unfortunate incident but your takeaway seems positive!!

Oh wow, you swim too! And is that the reason poetry section was missing you ?

Nice quote and excellent coherent write-up!

Scorpio707 likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Highly introspective.Nice snippet.Not only in park-but everywhere such incidents happen and they influence us only when we personally experience the same.
    jayasala 42

Scorpio707, vaidehi71 and Lathasv like this.
  6. Scorpio707

Hi Latha,

Glad to hear from you :). Thank you.

Lathasv likes this.
  7. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

hi scorps - poetry no stock haan? :):):)

long snippet will come back and read ok.

Scorpio707 likes this.
  8. Scorpio707

Hahhaha LOL, I would never have thought of it that way Balajee. Wonder what Sabitha would say if she happened to read it - @Srama :)

9. Scorpio707

Just for a change GG, snippet :smile: . Poetry is my first love though and yes no stock :D. Only after I finished realized it's a long one, read it later no worries :thumbsup:

GoogleGlass likes this.
  10. Scorpio707

Hi Laks,

How are you ?? Yes I forced myself to think otherwise but won't deny it was terribly disturbing and difficult for a while.
    Ah swimming yes :) .....lack of inspiration for penning poems :p and have been a little busy off late so. Thanks for posting your comments.

jskls likes this.