Food Pooling

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vijit, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Vijit

Vijit New IL'ite

These days there are lot of ladies living a single life. It has lot of challenges. Specially when it comes to taking care of our daily meals. It is so much waste to be cooking just for yourself. One has to put so much effort and time to cook a meal just for one person.
    This can be compared to driving one big car a long distance with only yourself using it.
    Same as we have car pooling tbese days, wouldn't it be a good idea to have food pooling. Do you agree with me? Please share your views.

kcb likes this.

2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Car pooling is easy, as people working in same office can share.

But as for food pooling, it's not that easy as each individual's food choices, taste and habits are different.

joylokhi and MNR like this.
  3. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

That's nice idea.
    My ex colleagues were doing the same, One was bringing the sambar, other one rice, other one side dish. The previous they used to decide what to bring.
    It will work out, if you all work in the same office.

4. Thangakkodam

Thangakkodam New IL'ite

If understanding families are living as our neighbours, this is very much possible.
    If not on week days, at least on week ends, this can be tried initially, like sambar from one house, side dishes from one house and the main course i.e., rice, curd, appalam will be from the person who is hosting. This can be done in turns. This can be enjoyed as a nice get together.
    Why can't this be followed by all during each Pournami days, preparing kalantha saada varieties just like Aadi perukku?

5. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

I don't think families will agree for this, unless they want to do this as business. Now people are so busy , cooking for themselves is a big headache.
    I dont think the idea of getting each item from different families is workable.

Why cannot you try in near by mess, or like some prepare and sell from home only. IF you can discuss they will deliver it to home.