1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Saree Look Good On Foreigners?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Rihana, Sep 22, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Like how western clothes look good on Indian women, sarees do look good on them too.Many look cute.
    However,why it seems it doesn't suit them much is because of the kind of figure they have...in sense,they are very fit and toned and have some muscles .hence,it ma not look very feminine. sarees need curves.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2016
    Rihana and Vaikuntha like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Gaja Gamini - aah after so many years reading that term. Bad boy MF Hussain had made a movie.

Audrey Hepburn in a saree (missing or strapless blouse!) and the above prose brought to mind a long ago observation/exclamation by Thing2, who was reading (on insistence of parent) an Amar Chitra Katha, "But why is Aunty not wearing clothes?" : ) : ) A closer examination of said Aunty revealed she was wearing clothes worn by queens, apsaras .. the flowing 'dupatta', the knotted whisper of a cloth instead of blouse, and the dipping waistline of the bottom skirt/saree. The lad also had many questions about Uncles' style of combat.. and bad choice of weapons...... I plotted then that one day he'd grow up and I'd peer into his magazine's center-fold and ask why Aunty is not wearing clothes...... Alas.. magazines are almost extinct. : )

The Aunty and Uncle was because the child was trained to address any Indian looking person as that. : ) LOL.. there ended the attempt by parent to instill Indian culture, values, mythology via Amar Chitra katha. Thing1 was easier... imbibed and got the gist of Ganesha, Rama, Krishna, and more from the comics. Searched and found Bal Ganesh DVD in Netflix for her even years ago!

End of digression.

To those saying it depends on the wearer - agree.

Roshini8731 likes this.
  3. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

I know nothing about long waists, lol!!

But I do feel that women with rounded hips and breasts look better in a saree. Also, it is a question of draping it well, gracefully and choosing an appropriate color. Naomi looked good in black and gold, but Venus' yellow was garish, and her pleats were uneven at the bottom, and needed to be an inch or more longer to make it more "flowy".

4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Had to look this up - never heard of the film! My knowledge of Indian cinema is woefully inadequate. I'll check it out.

5. kritikarastogi

kritikarastogi New IL'ite

Sarees are one of the best outfits for women while choosing a perfect saree for you, the following things should be kept in mind in order to make you look beautiful and gorgeous in a saree.

6. Ainna

Ainna New IL'ite

No, foreigners look not good in saree.

Rihana likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

: ) That is true - foreigners do not look good in saree. Different from "saree does not look good on foreigners." : )

Sparkle likes this.
  8. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

What is Indian body-type? Perhaps I may have that (then I can wear saree more often!)

9. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Buxom beauties, I guess :)

10. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Buxom beauties, I guess :)

ChennaiExpress likes this.