1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Bubbles likes this.
  2. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Yeah people.. wake up!!!!:cheer: This thread is the inspiration for many of us...

I haven't really shared much here.. but here goes
    Not very productive days.. very little done.. and getting really bugged and mood out by it..But I've let the steam out (and fed myself some pizza :yum: ) and am revving up again..

Have 1 hour in the morning and maybe 1 hour in the evening handsfree time for cooking n chores.. thinking n thinking how to finish off the essentials in that time..

3. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

hoping this thread will be alive once again!!

So here goes my todays' time management-
    Woke up late but managed to cook for H and kid.. prep dosa for bf and made rice,garlic rasam and had coconut podi for lunch. Gave a bath to kiddo and dropped him in daycare. Reached office half an hour late :( From monday i have decided to manage better and not become late to office..
    I have planned my weekend to finish all chores and pending cleanings & organisings!! Along with that have to visit parlour, take kid to park/somewhere outside and HAVE to watch a movie..yes, its like ages now since i watched something..
    only 2 days and so much to do!##Phew.....

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Divya and Bubbles,

Its been quite a long time and so much is going on with my life.... well its not much but feels like a lot :)

Since end of August I had decided to walk at least 5 km a day, and have been quite successful. Except for my monthlies, I have been quite consistent, walking 7-8 km these days with a friend every morning 8-9.30 am :)
    There isn't much change in the weight, but fit of my dresses is better :) The best thing is I feel quite fresh throughout the day and am able to do a lot more at home.

Homefront, everything normal. As usual cooking, cleaning works, although sometimes I get behind in a thing or two and struggle to catch up. Navrathri is around the corner, so getting things organized for it now.

Kids exams have started. So that is another area that takes up my time. I have put on hold a course I was pursuing at least until the exams are over. I think I am tending towards giving it up. It doesn't seem like my cup of tea. Lets see.

Well, glad to have restarted posting on IL. I was popping in to check now and then, but did not find time to post. I will try to be more regular.

Take care.

veeramachaneni, rajinee and Bubbles like this.
  5. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Wow 5 Km!!!! cool :):)

This weekend i couldnt hit the gym but completed many long pending chores!! Today morning was a usual boring and lazy monday morning with no much enthu..##Phew

Hows it going on with others??

rajinee likes this.
  6. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Divya, thanks for the tag. It seems like the nth time I am posting this after a break at IL..but I haven't been well and still recovering and hence MIA. Hope to be back soon.

@BDivya can you please tell me the brand of weighing scale you ordered and how does it work?

rajinee likes this.
  7. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Thank u CB :)

House of Quirk 8mm thick glass digital weighin scale..
    It works good.

8. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Today cooked within 40 mins. Prepared paneer veg pulav, dosa for bf, idly for DS and dal chawal, rasam for DS. Felt happy. Listened to bhajans in the morning while cooking.

Bubbles likes this.
  9. periyashan

periyashan New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I prepare 3or 4 veggies for lunch because my dh have some medical problems . On sundays we go to market and buy vegies there. So I need more space to store veggies in the fridge.
    I cut cauliflower , brocoli into small flower put them in zip lock bag and tubberware boxes and
    also cut drumsticks store in boxes peel onions and garlic and store them in fridge.
    Put other vegis in boxes small quntity for everyday use.
    So vegetables are fresh for a week and easy to prepare lunch.
    Thanks

Bubbles likes this.
  10. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Hi ! Do you store the onion and garlic for the entire week like this ?
    I ask because onions don't stay good in the fridge for me.. max 2 days chopped.. wondering how you do it ?
    And how long can one keep the gobi florets like this ?