1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Rock The Sahm Role ✌

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubbles, May 4, 2016.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Hi @Bubbles and @cliona, long time :)
    glad to know ur H cancelled the trip at this 9th month for u :) and happy that this thread is active again.. I used to like this and the time management thread where me , Cb and Akila were quite active but now noone there also..
    Bubbles take a break from everything and then start afresh as a new item on ur to do list.. i can completely understand how it feels to always do the kitchen work..phew.......

Bubbles likes this.
  2. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

That's really a biiiig relief! :grimacing: cheer up gal.. you have all of us here.. you will manage coolly.. plus u already know what to expect - though every baby is different and you may as well be for a surprise - and I mean that in a good way (touch wood). You have an older kid as well who would be really excited about her little bro/sis so cash in on it ;) I remember when my younger sister was born, I wouldn't let anyone do anything for her.. she was like my live doll and I would proudly strut around arranging her clothes basket or mixing her formula..
    So don't you worry.. try and relax well.. and enjoy round 2.. you probly won't have another round...
    collect some good ebooks or movies/shows to watch while feeding etc to escape from it all..Just a fallback suggestion..

@BDivya hey so happy to see your post! Its such a good feeling to know someone cares to check out your groans and moans :rolleyes: its the biggest driving factor for me to push myself to get better rather than wallowing in baaaaaaaaaah land.. do share your updates too..Would enjoy reading..

cliona likes this.
  3. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bubbles,

This thread is a real motivation and most importantly a stress buster for me!!

Hi Cliona,
    wen is ur due??? :)

Even I am not able to perform well in the cleaning front. I dont find time in the morning as i ll be rushing to office and daycare. And in the eve Iam damn tired for anything so this cycle is continuing :(:(
    My parents were over the last weekend so it was a real help & support for me:) But now back to pavilion.. Tired of cooking, cleaning, feeding kiddo, home tasks , everything! I know this must sound very weird and showcast me as a bad mom :( But im too exhausted or bored of running between office and managing home. I want someone to take care of all these things including me ! :D

I know this is not possible.. So i am waiting for this weekend to encourage myself and be on track with everything organised!!!! To add on to all this stress, i have my weight loss also going on, which iam obviously not able to keep up :( ##Sigh

cliona and Bubbles like this.
  4. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

@Bubbles

I was just reading your posts on cleaning dishes. Just wanted to share my experience of it.
    - I used to clean dishes while the cooking is going on - like keep cooker in one stove, cook veggies in another...wash vessels while taking care of veggies
    - Also, making sure keeping each and every item back in its place while cooking...like taking salt and keeping it back in shelf helped me maintain the counter top
    - A planned menu is always better......like one veggie and one green leafy dal healthy and easy option
    - Cutting veggies way earlier like putting the baby in pram and talking or playing with the baby and cutting the veggies was a relief to me and my back pain also!
    - Sleeping with the baby in the afternoon boosted my energy!

hope this helps!

5. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

:beer-toast1:
    Not at all.. I think it's very natural.. I wouldn't believe anyone who says they've never felt so..
    (Jumping) me me me too..

We need to have a wiped-out-mommies-party. Give the LOs to respective H's for one night. And have some personalised pampering sessions and loads of food not cooked by any of us:rolleyes: hmmm wishful thinking eh..

Juggling work with mommyhood is the biggest challenge ever.. hugs to you.. take a break if you can..that would really recharge you..I'm trying to figure out a way to ease that into our routine - a weekly break from all chores for just 1 day a week (except what baby needs).. dunno if that's even possible..ideas anyone?

@beautifullife30 Hey Beautiful! :cool: There! I've always wanted to say that to someone:D
    Thank you for the suggestions ! I used to follow your clean-as-you-go suggestion.. but it doesn't get done by then as the cooking is also pretty much multitasking. The cutting veggies idea is what I need to implement..
    Being pressed for time in the evenings (my evenings are always a rush) i don't know how to do that..
    Unless baby starts sleeping early o_O

cliona likes this.
  6. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

@BDivya My due date is October 20 Th dear. Less than a month now.
    Awesome to know you are managing work and home together single handedly. You deserve a break dear. Just give the baby to hubby and go off somewhere for half a day to a salon or restaurant or movie ! First time you will invariably keep thinking of home..... But you can do it at least once in 2 months. Slowly you ll start enjoying the " away from home time".
    Also this is also a phase. So, it's not worth breaking head too much. Having said that, it's really really difficult to deal with it and I am sure that within few months I will be venting here myself !!!! Coz only people who are going through it will know the pain. And never underestimate yourself as bad mom. It's a tough phase.... That's all.
    @Bubbles Thanks for cheering me dear. Well hopefully it's easier this time. One more round !!!! No way !
    Cool ideas. Will download some books and movies. Any suggestions on books would be awesome( Don't want to read medical and baby books:tongueclosed:books)
    Right now, I guess nesting instincts has kicked in for me.Funnily I am stocking floor cleaners, bathroom cleaners, dish washing liquid. I feel like buying all cleaning stuff !!:yikes: Actually, I have stocked cleaning stuff for clinic also !!:p
    Asking the maid lady to clean bathrooms properly but not satisfied. The hard water stains on the glass being very stubborn. :shakehead:
    Wiped out mommies party:beer-toast1:party!!:cheer:
    @beautifullife30 Thanks for the awesome tips.
    Lots of love,
    Cliona

Bubbles likes this.
  7. beautifullife30

@Bubbles

Hey bubbly....your post are so full of energy you cross to me as a bubbly lady!

You are making me relive all those wonderful moments with my LO n DH. Haha....my schedule went this way......

Wake up at 6, boil milk, have milk, cook breakfast n lunch for DH n myself n baby.....took till 8.30.....take care of dh n send him off to office.
    Wake up LO, give milk, play for sometime, both of us eat breakfast, put the LO with toys, wash vesselsn clean kitchen, take bath n give LO a bath
    Cook lunch for LO, feed LO n eat, sleep for two hours
    Evenings, wake up n have milk n give milk to LO, cut veggies while playing with LO for dinner n next days breakfast n lunch
    Cook dinner while LO in pram.....n wash vessels, clean kitchen n complete work by 8pm....
    Feed LO n let him play with DH, eat dinner again by putting LO in pram, all of us go to sleep together.
    Few tips to manage LO,
    When i used to cook, i used to put LO in pram n give him a soup stick or a biscuit n he used to keep munching on it. My LO now is interested in cooking n tasting food. He keeps asking me questions like did you add jeera, did you add mustard... lol....Maybe coz of all those hours spent in the kitchen!

Also when my LO started slow crawling, i used to put him far away from me n chop veggies n he used to take around 15 mins to come near me. I again put him away from me n this continues until he is so exhausted n has his dinner on time n sleeps on time.

I used to make some easy food for night like peas rice, lemon rice, coconut rice, pulav, or plain rice n heavy curry like paneer curry or mushroom curry.

If making rotis, i used to involve my LO in mixing the dough. I used to make soya curry, potato curry, capsicum curry or any veggies curry with little garam masala n one raita compulsory like onion raita, radish raita, carrot or tomato raita. Rotis were this thin ones, easy to make!

When we used to eat dinner, i used to make LO taste each n every curry even the spicy ones n he started loving food.

I dont have any worries now about his eating habits. He eats even bitter gourd now.

I used to play one song which is very soothing for him everytime he used to go to sleep n within a week he started associating that song with sleep. During sleep time, i just had to play it n he starts sleeping!

I followed no lights on policy. So he knew it was night n kept quiet after each feeding. Never played during night times!

Hope these tips help!

8. beautifullife30

Hey cliona,

Have fun in this last month. This is the only time you will have your LO inside you! Talk to your LO in this time. After baby is born, it will know your voice!

You know i made it a rule that my DH had to talk to the baby every night before sleeping. As soon as my LO was born, all the doctors n nurses were holding n cuddling him. But when my DH called him, he immediately turned his head towards my DH.....

Lol....n he was just an few minutes old then!!

9. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

This weekend i couldnt hit the gym but completed many long pending chores!! Today morning was a usual boring and lazy monday morning with no much enthu..##Phew

Hows it going on with others??

10. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Dunno if i can mention it here.. Today i am wearing my new rose gold watch which i got from Amazon some 1.5 months before! Yes, the chains were quite big for my wrist and i dint find time to alter them. Today finally altered them and i am happily wearing :):) ##Happy

cliona, Bubbles and beautifullife30 like this.