Help Me To Decide To Continue Pregnancy Or Not

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by rao1984, Sep 25, 2016.

1. rao1984

rao1984 New IL'ite

Hi there, my wife is 5 weeks of unplanned pregnancy now! we already have 2 girls. first one is 4 years and other is 2 years old. We had issues during these 2 pregnancies. My younger at the age of 2 months got the infection and got to take injections almost every day for 30 days that made us to cry.But they got resolved themselves. But we were very upset and prayed a lot to God to help us. Luckily they got resolved. we were thinking to continue or not... here in US getting appointment is very tough and we do not want to wait and get the abortion done. So we called many doctors at last got appointment to get the abortion done. When we met the doctor she did utlra sound scan and said pregnancy is very early stage and it will not have any pain to the fetus if aborted. But the confusion got increased and we requested dr to give us the 2 days time to think. we have appointment post poned till Tuesday. please give me some good suggestions.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Issues:
    1. Regarding babies getting infection post delivery is unpredictable, and I am sorry for you to have to endure such a hardship with your newborn. Now that they have come out of it, is good. It is something which we can't assume that all the subsequent pregnancies are going to be affected, as it is not genetic or having congenital anomalies. So it should be fine if you want to continue with this pregnancy.
    2.You/and your wife, have to decide whether you want to continue or not with this pregnancy. I am not going to talk about the ethical aspects, because that is a big discussion topic. I have some links for you to read about it. My thoughts are for myself and I would not like to enforce it on others. I would prefer you to make this judgement call after discussion with your wife. All I want to tell is, whatever decision you make as a couple, stick to it and never allow other people's view to dictate your decision.

BBC - Ethics - Abortion: Introduction to the abortion debate

https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/...ERES&CACHEID=83a92880452d4a61835cd3005ba75f87

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Vaidehi

Bubbles, SunPa, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  3. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Lot of things play a role in deciding whether you want keep a third child or not.

1. Financially how well you are..
    2. ability to take care of 3 kids 2 years apart, like Who is going to help toddlers post delivery.
    Its again you and your better half to decide.

Like vaidehi71 mentioned,decision cannot be based on morality.

guesshoo likes this.
  4. rao1984

rao1984 New IL'ite

Thank you Vaidehi for very quick response, I will go through these links.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  5. rao1984

rao1984 New IL'ite

6. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

My SIL was in similar situation 8 years ago, but they went ahead with the third one. Now they have a 13 year old, 9 year and a 8 year old and I can see how well the kids bond and are their for each other. In between my jija lost job twice and was on social security for 8 months but they managed well plus they had no help for all the three pregnancies neither from in-laws or her in-laws. As you said you are in US, I think you know tax-benefits associated to kids.
    How old are your daughters? Can you start pre-school for them or for at-least your elder one?
    Your main concern about health of the newborn, well that's unpredictable. As each pregnancy and child is different and it really is hard to predict what's in store for us.

Taking care of 3 kids is definitely a roller coaster ride, but manageable with proper planning. It's good that ur in-laws are coming for help. If you can rotate their visits say every 3 months. Like for delivery the mom-in-law comes, father joins later after child birth or at 4-5 month.

All the best!

As the two posters said "decision cannot be based on morality."

sindmani likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Honestly, if your wife is physically fine and you guys are financially fit and can afford help or have the confidence to manage,I would say go for the third.

sindmani likes this.