100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

Day 17, Day 18 and Day 19 - Had been normal days with ups and Down.. +ve planned for Garbha night next sunday.

Gauri03 and PepperPot like this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

One week of diligently logging everything on MFP and -1 lbs this morning. Week started with a minor victory. : )

3. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

day 20 : Ahem...not bad..

PepperPot and Gauri03 like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The look of disbelief and incredulity on Thing1's face as dad asked her, "Are you going to pay by cash or PayPal?"

Priceless it was. : )

She caused some damage to his car's taillight, backing the car.. gently grazed a pillar in the underground parking.

Poor thing... drove dad into an apoplectic silence when she innocently asked whether insurance doesn't cover such damage. : )

Anyway, positivity - I thought to myself, if kids move back to home after college, I don't have to worry 'how am I going to ask them for rent.' Dad will. Quite unceremoniously. : )

5. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

A recent event has left me despondent. Trying to get back on track.
    +ve for today: Got an annoying alarm app that is supposed to get me out of bed because it's only gonna stop when I take n number of steps. :lol:

ashima10, Viswamitra, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Missed this thread ! Everyday mind you each and everyday I thought of posting ..but Iam so lazy ! Dunno which day was last posted here but let me Continue
    Day 137 : got up half an hour before ...and not cribbing about it! In my mind too !

PepperPot, Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mark twain, or so the Internet tells me, said “Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.” Idea being to tackle the most unpalatable tasks before everything else.

Swallowed the frog first thing today and the day has been great so far. Had been avoiding a tough problem all last week. Told myself I was going to handle it today no matter what. It's done. I'm at peace.

ashima10, PepperPot, rossie and 3 others like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I spent 10 hours on a very new task of designing the kitchen cabinets with a young designer at Lowes and the details involved in that task is unlimited. She kept building the cabinets one at a time, gave the color my wife wanted, crowned the corner cabinets, rice glass door for a few, drawers customized for certain needs, trash compartment, etc.

We had a budget of $12,500 and the total was $19,500 and when I saw my wife cutting the cost left, right and center, I asked her to take a break. When we were driving home, I told her, "What is the point in buying something that doesn't meet your requirements? Let us discuss it more."

The next day morning I told her, "While I appreciate your understanding of living with the budget, you need to have a functional kitchen that you feel comfortable with. Please leave it to me to work on it".

I walked into Lowe's and negotiated 10% off of the total price. Besides she offered another 10% off, if I take their credit card. Plus she also agreed to give 10% store credit for buying something else. Anyway, we need to buy a new refrigerator, microwave, gas stove, vent hood, etc. It came back to $13,650, only $1,150 more than the budget.

I came back and told her that she got everything she wanted and at a price not too far from the budget. Her smile was contagious. Happy wife happy life.

Viswa

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    momsky, ashima10, PepperPot and 3 others like this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Happened a few days ago but I'm thinking of this today!
    Guy sitting next to me on the plane starts a casual conversation - "I'm going back home after a vacation in SA, how about you? Going back home from vacation?"
    Now at this juncture, I give a lecture on how I have two homes and how I just was at one home and am going back to the other one, temporarily! Then I go on and on about wanting to be in one place over the other.
    This time, I said "Yes, I'm going back home to my DH and kids after a vacation. I just went to visit my parents". Closure, sometimes takes decades to arrive at! I felt so good just letting go and accepting. Accepting a home where I've lived for such a long time!
    Oh and the guy showed me amazing pics of SA and I showed him pictures of lush green monsoon soaked India!
    Next vacation destination, SA, here I come!

ashima10, kaniths, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  10. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Rihana squealed that for two women to bond they need to share intimate personal details about them so Gauri and I decided to share the most intimate and embarrassing details about us. We exchanged pictures of our food!

Though Gauri's picture looked like a dish from a Michelin platter, mine looked like slop from a railway canteen. The only adornment missing in her tureen is a lemon wedge. If she crested her dish with a lemon wedge, she would give Gordan Ramsay a run for his money in Hell's Kitchen while I am left to slog my sorry carcass. Her picture delivered 1000 pixels of perfect texture, color and presentation.

Such exchange of food has made me realize that I still have a long way to upgrade from two-worded dishes like Malai Kofta to her three-worded Methi Mutter Malai.

Rihana, PepperPot and Gauri03 like this.