1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

anybody with a marine engineer husband???????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by chimni, Feb 14, 2008.

1. SMPrabhu

SMPrabhu New IL'ite

Thank u all mariners ladies here who posted this thread... Even am a newly married mariners wife. Being an arranged marriage n my hubby leaving after a month of post marriage had put me into rather depression without knowing handle the situation as it was the first time to me. These threads are jus like a boon to me that helped me understand my hubby even more better. I could jus see that my plight is not only mine but many have gone thro it... And it indeed help me to a more understanding n made me more wise towards my family... Thank u all :) life is pretty hell when husband is sailing but indeed not so stressful if it's taken in right way...

2. neha100689

neha100689 New IL'ite

Hello girls
    m going to get married to a marine engineer ..but after reading all these posts m in state of confusion :( its an arrange marrige ..everything is jus perfect in our case ..it's jus that he is a marine engineer ..
    is life of marine engineer's wife that tough?
    can anybody please reply me soon

3. sacredbell

sacredbell Silver IL'ite

Hello

My husband is not a marine Engineer..But he had similar profession...He used to be offshore and comes home after 3-6 months each time...I used to be feel lonely and depressed during those days..Sometimes I was desperately needed his presence at home and frustrated for not having him at home...

Other side of the coin is really good..He comes back with Money ( Which you cannot earn by doing office job at home )..When he comes back, he stays with you 24/7 for 1-2 months ( sometimes even 3-4 months )..This you cannot expect for normal jobs... and when he was offshore, we were always in touch via Emails, phone calls etc..( Now you have skype , whats upp )

Ritzey likes this.
  4. ruhinanas

ruhinanas New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Just came across this post.

Well, I have recently got married on June 1st,2015. My husband is a marine engineer. Ours is a love marriage:) I chose to marry him, because he is irreplacable and the fact that he is a marine engineer does not bother.

I sound quite strong, but yes even I am quite weak at emotions and break down when he is away for 6 months. My husband is currently sailing and I work as a full time Software Engineer.

Thanks to my company and my managers, I could manage leave without pay to stay with my husband for 2 months straight after marriage.

But what next when he comes back? I cant keep taking prolonged leaves neither can I keep working. There has to be some job that should do justice for us ladies.

I am on a hunt for such a job. Will surely come up with something positive very soon.

Also, my appeal to all those girls out there who are really in a not-so-sure-situation about marrying a marine engineer. Well, I would say is trust is all that matters. And distances make bonds strong not weaken them. Also, more than you your guy is in a tougher situation away from family around unknown people slogging his life out without a day break in between. Just trust yourself and be strong to support him also very strongly.

Remember, more than you need him..He needs you:))

All the best:)

Ritzey likes this.
  5. Ritzey

Ritzey New IL'ite

6. Ritzey

Ritzey New IL'ite

Hellow..
    Well Its also a really late reply .. i'm just going through these kind of marine engineers wife's posts.. I'm engaged to a marine engineer guy a couple of months ago and now i'm just realizing how tough it would b :/ well i dont know much about the life aftr the marrige i'm just so confused

7. KamalaVasu

KamalaVasu New IL'ite

Hi All,

This is the post related to the boy I love:relaxed: who is an marine engineer. First of all, its all started from matrimonial site, our parents talked each other, star, horoscope everything is perfect. His parents met me with my relatives and my mom and I too talked with my boy over video call and we started sharing our wish, likes, dislikes. he is damn nice one and really i don't want to lose him in my life.

But now the problem is my parents reject as the boy is an marine engineer and now he is in ship currently not available in land. While starting this process, my parents know his profession and then proceed further. Currently, my family fully against me and my love and wish to search for some other groom continuously. But, I am completely in love with him and not interested to marry some other presently. They doesn't understand my feelings and ask how I love him even without seeing him directly??:expressionless:
    :expressionless: how can I explain love doesn't requires all those stuffs?

Boy's family too tried lot, but my parents got irritating due to continuous calls from their side and felt there is something wrong in his side. From their talk, I observed that his entire family likes me a lot. Now, I have only one week time to make my parents to call his family as they are waiting for me from February or else they will start searching for some other girls?
    Can anyone please help me how to handle this?

Am ready to accept his profession both mentally and physically as I am currently working as software professional and also the bond between us are stronger which doesn't affect by the distance. Six month is a short period which passed quickly as I have to work 5 days for a week