100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Numerous things bumming me out of late, so I decided to cook. Cooking is therapy. In laws arriving tomorrow. To prepare for the impending months of forced vegetarianism, I spent the better part of last evening cooking the most decadent lamb biryani I can. Two glasses of good Shiraz and the best biryani I've ever made - Time well spent. Mr G uncomplainingly ate his veggie version. Only asked me, very politely, to clean out the refrigerator of all contraband substances. Then like a good husband he cleaned up the kitchen, while I sank into a blissful food coma.

2. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

Need this thread.
    Day 1: Finally figured out why my debit card hasn't been working for the past 4 months.
    Day 2: A childhood friend's mention of 'A Sound of Thunder' with respect to Trump brought back so many cool memories.
    Day 3: Annual review at work. Apparently, I am performing well.
    Day 4: Liquid courage!
    Day 5: Cooked something elaborate after 1 million years (1 year, 5 months)
    Day 6: Received much needed recommendations from someone with the know-who.

Rihana and Gauri03 like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

It looks like if someone needs a therapy, she cooks lamb biryani while someone else is stressed, bakes banana & chocolate cakes. Thanks for these crucial information without a notice, "Please don't try this at home". I am going to try this at home and if it works great. If not, I know I can blame @Gauri03 and @justanothergirl.

If I don't post again for a prolonged period of time, please assume I was baked or fried and pray for my quick recovery.

Viswa

@Gauri03, Are your children vegetarians? If not, will they miss non-veg food during their grandparents visit?

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Bake and cook away viswa ....:) and do post those pics..

Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

First day of school. Still managed to walk 2 miles in the morning itself. Saw those leaves changing colors. Crispy fall weather is in the air.

Laks09, Viswamitra, Rihana and 3 others like this.
  6. Gauri03

Just have Mrs V supervise. : )

My daughter is vegetarian for all intents and purposes. She doesn't like the texture. My son was vegetarian until 3 years ago. Once he started school his tastes changed. It's 2 - 2 at home for now. In laws were last here 3+ years back so this is the first time we'll be faced with this conundrum. I'll let you know how it goes. :coldsweat: With me it's the don't ask don't tell policy as long as I don't eat or cook in their presence.

Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

This is one epic post so Ragini you better bring a cuppa of horlicks and read or you will fall asleep.

KV inquired few weeks back, "What is your best post/performance in IL?"
    (I liked his usage of "performance" like I was a kabuki artist)

I shrieked, "The Revolving Door"

I showed him the post and though he could not make head or tail of the in-jokes in that post, he laughed out loud at my antics. I am so vain that if posts could be self-nominated, I would have dropped this post in the ballot and clamoured for the award.

Why is this post so special?

The post binds a lot of emotions. This is exactly how we were back then, scruffy and distraught. To me this enactment is special because I was able to capture an endearing moment when a small and close-knit club that we started here gloriously named "neurites" was dismally struggling. It was difficult for me to explain to KV what was captured in that post. Not the writing, the style, or the dramatization but the audacity of those clumsy dimwits to convene and dream something grand. He finds the post funny. I ask him to read again. He finds two grammatical errors. I thwack him and ask him to visualise. He bristles that I am a harsh girlfriend and it may be tough to visualise all 30-plus women in kindergarten shorts. I finally give up on him. This post means a lot to me and I doubt if I would ever be able to reproduce anything as emotive and moving in any of my dalliances.

I know atleast one person to whom it means untold joy that I am grappling to express right one. We have this silly indulgence of going back to that surreal, invisible and immemorial landscape in memory lane each time we recollect "woh bhi kya dil the" and the only tangible evidence of its existence is this post. Gauri and I can knock over those Positivists from Vienna with our integrated memories because I don't know where my senses attenuate and hers attune to preserve what we share between us. If there was a fire in IL then I trust that both of us will fling our ferragamo slippers and run unshod to this post and shield it like some painting in Louvre using the pinned handkerchiefs on our kindergarten skirts.

vaidehi71, Laks09, Rihana and 4 others like this.
  8. Gauri03

Someone is cutting onions here at work. : )

Laks09 likes this.
  9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

get a room you too!! :facepalm: (every thread in E & G!)

Laks09 likes this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The ginger-chai wala Uncle sent a message to Mr. Rih, saying thank you for hosting us etc etc and, ke I am simple, charming and practical.

Now, my head knows the compliment came because they had low initial expectations. They saw I am no Surpanakha, and hence went away mightily impressed, yet the heart likes to read the text message. : )

KashmirFlower, Laks09, jskls and 2 others like this.