1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Not Able To Go For Job But Always Thinking About What To Do

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Slim55, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

Hey,
    Good that u strted enjoying ur life. Continue the same. My mil also does not like when we go for vacations and get expensive jewels/any luxury items for me. Though im earning. In initial days of marriage even i was scared like u.
    Now what i do is i ensure that we both go for vacation and for all special occasions i get jewellery. Luxury items i get when my husband is also fine. Initially she created issues. I dont care abt her. Later she left me and started poking my hubby.
    So now he started saying indirectly that not to tell anyone abt jewels we get. vacation we cant hide from her so my hubby is facing all kind of tantrums from her. And she is irritated. Now u might also face these issues in future. Be ready to handle it. Dont give up.

Slim55 and KashmirFlower like this.
  2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

OMG, same problem as me.
    My MIL influence my H citing astrological hindrance. Since he is a strong believer on this, he obeys her. She is like don't buy the new flat.. This is bad time, the moon and star is against you. If you buy you will end up loosing this property. Sometimes she will go like, if you buy this car right now, you will face accident... Cruel, right?
    This way, she ensures we don't enjoy any luxuries, and no developments despite of having capabilities. But she speaks all this with a happy face. So, no one doubts her intentions.
    If we go against her words, she will revenge in other manners. Strange. But these ladies are also mothers.

KashmirFlower and Sweetygals like this.
  3. APS45

APS45 Silver IL'ite

For the first time I am hearing about monthly grocery items, rice etc, have you forgotten to write about vegetables/mutton/chicken, or your "generous" MIL did not ask for these items? Request you to reply which region your PIL from, just to highlight the existence of such a low practices in other groups I am in. Thanks.

So nice to hear.

Your husband income is your family income, you have full freedom over that; Make sure to have an understanding about overall financial planning of your family along with your husband, where and how do you want to settle after returning to India, appropriate your savings accordingly; that will give you an idea how much you can spend by yourself; go for one time big spending on quality dresses, and then as per your financial plan.

KashmirFlower and Slim55 like this.
  4. Slim55

Slim55 Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot yellow mango.Iam sure I will update my driving license details and exercise regimen
    hi this is true when we were in Bangalore and chennai then my parents transported rice and groceries from Andhra.Then also this worst mil enquired how many kgs ,oh that much less etc.For festivals everything my parents only purchased sarees.One more thing I want to say one of my husbands relatives staying near to our house in Bangalore.She is a software engineer their parents also doing like this.Then mil said she is doing job getting more items from parents.Then I understand she has no satisfaction immediately I called my parents and tell them don't send anything.Almost 5 years my parents send like this.

5. Slim55

Slim55 Senior IL'ite

Thank you I should feel I am spending our money not my husband's money.

6. Slim55

Slim55 Senior IL'ite

My mil also take revenges.After marriage for Our anniversary my husband gifted gold chain.Her face was very horrible .Even I am preparing for m.sc exams she told that fees paid my son.you can bring saraswati to our house not Lakshmi we missed my son's high dowry by choosing you.

7. Slim55

Slim55 Senior IL'ite

I stared feeling our money not my husband's money.