1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreary Dreams

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by aarthi28, May 30, 2016.

1. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Yes I too want Rahul to get an Yes ASAP, I can see him struggling and waiting any more ... :):sunglasses::tonguewink::wink:
    --PS

maggi32 likes this.
  2. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Yeah Very soon PS.....

3. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

@aarthi28.....thanks for the back to back episodes.

Oh ho now another love story revolving around Meera - Shyamo :)

Adapavingla yala computer class poi Love daan panringla :flushed::flushed::flushed: {trans: looks like all are falling in Love after joining computer course}!!!

Myado nee nadtu....{Aarthi madam u continue with this Love triangle}

Happy weekend.

aarthi28 likes this.
  4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

@aarthi28 dear, awesome writing. Glued to the story...where is the next part...

5. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Rith , Thanks a lot for your feedback. I could not compare myself with your writing , but to say, you are also one of my inspiration including @IniyaaSri ,@meerasrini ,@sreeram ,@Akanksha1982 for your lovely stories..... I am jumping in joy looking at a liking for your comments....
    Tx a lot dear...

6. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

missing Raithi...where r u Aarthi?

7. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Yes Neha dear, will come back by tomorrow for sure.... Sorry to make you wait.

Deepu04 and 28neha like this.
  8. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Aarthi you said tomorrow, when will your tomorrow come ??????

shrivni likes this.
  9. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hi All
    Sorry to make you all wait. Here is the next part. Please provide your comments

Episode 41:

They Moon was getting down and was giving a silent look at the back of the waves and the little love birds started their way back home.

Shyam dropped Meera in a common place and it was a bit dark. Meera was on height of happiness that she did not really realised that it was late and she was walking to her house as if she is back from her classes. Two eyes were watching her walking over the road alone and were following her. She did not realize until she entered the parallel street of her house. With the darkness occupied the street with a single lamp post with a gloomy light giving a less light over the street. She felt a bit tensed because of the darkness prevailing over there and stopped in the road. She could sense that the figure hided near the Tree. Her heartbeat pounded than normal and then she realised that she should have taken an auto to go home directly. She was lucky that Madhan came in his car by that time and stopped beside her. She got tensed and became normal when she realised that it was madhan.

Madhan: “Hey, why are you so late da? Why are you coming at this time that too by this way?”.

Meera : “Hey, Thank God you came . I sensed someone following me da”

Madhan :” Again...” , he got down from the car and looked around. It was dark and he could not actually figure out anyone.

They decided and started home together and madhan advised her not to do like this again.

The Figure at the back of bush noted them going together.

Meera came back to her senses with a beep from Shyam in her mobile. They continued their chat when Pushpa entered her room. She could feel the difference in the glowing face of her daughter for every mother to notice their daughters from their usual behaviour.

Pushpa: “Meeru, what is it ? I could see you in your own world now a days a lot. Mobile has become your best buddy now a days. Seems like you don’t have time for us either”

Meera :” Mom, not like that. Just some whats app fwds I was enjoying and she showed her some fwds”.

Pushpa :”Hmm... Now a days, Mobile & Data are your best friends. Our days were really good than this electronic world. When there were just Analog telephones alone & public booth phones, PCO’s... were really good”, she continued.

“Only few people will have phones at their house and we give their number to our relatives. If we get a call, or a trunk call, we use to rush and wait in their house and the call will not last for more than 5 mts you see. The Phone owner for the pride of having the phone will give us a stare look. It would be embarrassing you see. We need to finish off our talks without forgetting anything for what the communication was for actually as we could not either call back. Our neighbour was like that you know”

Meera: “So, what is your problem? We are enjoying now and you people don’t like it”

Pushpa :”hey, actually we enjoyed a lot than you people. It was for an emergency, we used our neighbour’s phone and not chitchatting. We played a lot and had lot’s of physical activity and not like you people sitting as if GUM is stuck in your chair.”

Meera :” Hmmm.. Mom ... you don’t make use of it and you envy us “

Pushpa : “ What is there to enjoy. We place 7 Stones, Hopping, Skipping,.. You people play all video games and it harm us. We had limited channels, and we enjoyed them”

Meera: “ Mom Ok OK..”

Pushpa did not stop and continued.

“We had lots and lots of physical activity. We did gardening, we use to clean the house in a weekly basis. We should go to temple compulsorily on Friday’s and Sunday’s. What a life?”

Meera :” Enough of your old stories”, She giggled.

Pushpa :” It would be a headache to you. But they are awesome memories for us. Now a days, Mobile has become your best friend. But we don’t had choice of channels and for you people, you don’t know which one to pick. In the verge of searching channels itself, you end up watching nothing. You see.. Meeru, we use to have....”

Meera kept her hands on her head , “Aiyoo.. Mom. U have started”. On the other hand, Pushpa got excited in talking about their old days and she continued.

Pushpa:” You see Meeru, we use to have only channel, DD and children will like that DD starting time music with a symbol getting formed with an image of Sun being formed with a sorrowful Music. Yet , it was the favourite music for many Kids you know”

(Just a small remembrance of DD Channel which has been forgotten by many)

View attachment 242395 View attachment 242396

“We use to have Songs “Oliyum, Oliyum “ ( In tamil ஒளியும், ஒலியும் for Light & phonics). Cinema songs we can be watched only on those days in this program. Tuesdays will be for “வயலும் வாழ்வும்” special tips for farmers. One day for Some Drama that will be played with a meaning of a proverb or a family story”

“ We actually had time to study and not that much distraction due to less channels. Now a days the remote is dying in all your hands”

Meera wanted to divert her topic. “ Ok Ok.. enough of your old stories. Let’s discuss about our meet with Anni’s (SIL's) house and her parents. Tell me mom, What is your plan ?”

Pushpa was again excited as she has completed almost her shopping to go to her house. She went and came back with two shopping bags. One bag had trays, a Saree Box, Choclates, Some fruits packed,.

Pushpa was excited seeing that. “Mom, what’s all these”

Pushpa , “ You saw the Saree I got for Rathi. It is a good Silk cotton da... Mithu will look elegant in this right. This has matching set for this and she showed a simple beautiful antique jewellery set with matching pair of bangles. It was so simple that it would match for that saree very well. It was a Pink colour Saree with a Dark bottle green coloured border”.

One bag had Five new plates bought to give as they are meeting them formally like a girl looking ceremony.

She said “ We will buy fruits one day before that it will be fresh. One plate for fruits, betel nut , Flowers. One Plate with Choclates, One plate full of Sugar, One plate with some dry fruits and one plate with Saree & Sweets for Mithu”

Meera :” Mom, don’t you find it too much. You must not even had done something to me like this”

Puspha “ “No dear. It’s my son’s happiness and I want to make the best for it”

Meera :”Ok Ok”. She felt happy about her mom’s attitude and pride for having such a wonderful MOM.

All things packed and the next Sunday arrived for them to go to their house.

Pushpa: “Madhan, Call Rahul da. We need to go as either 3 or 5 people. We are four of us and lets join Rahul join us”

Madhan :” I already asked him to join us “ (Thinking within himself, “Hmm.. he would come just for the sake of Rathi...” )

They all started together in their I20.

10. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Aarthi,
    Looks like there is some problem with your computer. It reposted same episode number of times.
    Thanks for the update.

--PS

VinuthaS likes this.