100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Not end yet, comments on your status still going on!:wink::tonguewink:

#YouAreStillAliveYEAH!! :yum::facepalm:

jskls likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

What an incredible T20 cricket yesterday between West Indies and India! After West Indies scored 245 in 20 overs, I thought it was an uphill task until the Indian incredible batting brought them to 238 in 19 overs with 8 more runs to win. By taking the wicket of incredible Dhoni, the most successful finisher in the game of cricket in the last ball, Bravo created history to make West Indies win by 1 run!

Viswa

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Rihana, ashima10 and jskls like this.
  3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

day 135 : Managed to face a situation with smile which otherwise would irritate the hell out of me. i dnt like too much stretch of anything. More of solution seeker iam .

Day 136 ; yeah...that worked...just smile and accept the situation also works ....Inner peace.

Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My DH never lets me go to any place with him with my "Naadan" clothes. He insists that I go home and change before I step out with him. Yesterday, he wasn't around. The daughter really wanted Starbucks after getting out of a music arangetram. I was in a big diamond nose stud, Amma's heavy kanchipuram saree, huge earrings/necklace set that I wore for the first time since my wedding, a big pottu, jasmine flowers in my hair that the host imported from India in an icebox(crazy I know) and my beautiful Hyderabad bangles. My DD was in a heavy silk half saree and wore some jewelry too. A little girl came running up to me and asked me if I was a fairy princess. My jewelry and especially my saree got a lot of admiration from the ladies out there. Seems like my age old wedding jewelry does have some use after all! I came home and told my husband and he doesn't believe me. You guys do right?
    I love to drape sarees often but for this DH of mine and now I feel like I can pull it off :)

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What a coincidence.. my weekend positivity was also Indian dress related! Some important guests came over, and for a change, I dressed up more than usual. Bindi - check, bangles - check, kajal - check, and so on.. Plus brand new well-stitched salwar kameez. The guests were "Aunty, Uncle". Somehow talked turned to busy life in U.S. DIY nature of life, etc... whatever... Uncle happened to remark (to Mr. Rih), she is quite thin... :) she = me. There was a fullstop as well as a question-mark at the end of that observation. DH felt compelled to look at me : ) and poor man looked more at a loss for a reply than if I ask him 'do I look fat'

I was so happy with the 'she is thin'.. I poured more ginger chai in Uncle's cup. Oh and that was the other positivity - had ginger chai, made by me, after a long long time.

6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Positive day 135 : i have more dresses now , less space in cupboard. dream come true for every girl ...rght ?
    lekin iam one of those stingy Indians jo apne char char saal poorane kapde nahi fekte.

i have one red skirt which is from college time...more than 4 years old. faded...poor like a rag.
    Only yesterday while arrang8ng clothes i thought i will wear it after few months again. My dear Mr husband went @kaniths mode :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Laks09, KashmirFlower, jskls and 2 others like this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

sirf chaar saal puraane? Ur closet is lucky :)

Laks09, KashmirFlower and Gauri03 like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Now there are three in a row about clothes, why should I be an exception? My wife found an old shirt and thought it was mine. I knew it wasn't but she insisted that I should wear it. Later, I found out it was my son's shirt. But my wife told me I looked great in that shirt.

Viswa

MindVoice, ashima10, Laks09 and 3 others like this.
  9. Rihana

After the Aunty Uncle left, I was sitting by the open window, only computer monitor illuminating the dark room, resting forehead on joined thumbs, leaning forward, elbows on the desk. Like a judge sahab pondering on a big judgement he has to deliver the next day. : ) Silence. Listening to the outside sounds, it struck me that night sounds the same everywhere. Just for a moment, I went back in time to the night silences of 6th-8th grades. Saturday and Sunday nights.

ashima10, Laks09, jskls and 2 others like this.
  10. Rihana

2000 posts, Gauri, and thread also 9 months old.

Beautiful.