1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Not Able To Go For Job But Always Thinking About What To Do

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Slim55, Aug 26, 2016.

1. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

You are allowing other person's words to affect you. That is sad. You are not recognizing your value, and the importance of you in your family, in your kids life.
    Please change the way you look at yourself first. Change yourself from the inside.

2. Slim55

Slim55 Senior IL'ite

Yes since childhood I am introvert and afraid of small issues.After my marriage my mother in law want to dominate me there is nothing wrong at my side.so she started nagging about my dowry by comparing with others.This is her problem not mine.So I want to change myself first.thanks a lot

3. yellowtulip

yellowtulip New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am exactly in the same boat. Although I am on L2 and can get a work permit I don't understand what to do. I don't have a math background. I also did some internet search for admission to some courses but it all seems very complicated. Also I am confused about online courses. In India online courses don't carry much value. Is it same here?
    Now a brief about my husband, he also keeps a check on my India bank accounts and has changed the registered mail I'd(without informing me) so that he gets all the information. Constantly berates me for being a homemaker. He just goes to job and that's it. Does not even lift a finger at home. We have a two year old kid.h e is the kind of man who should never get married. I don't know how to find an appropriate job or course.i did work in India after marriage but left after pregnancy(had a very complicated one).

4. Slim55

Slim55 Senior IL'ite

I think it's better to don't think much and be happy with kids.Atleast we ourselves feel as good mothers.

5. yellowtulip

yellowtulip New IL'ite

@Slim55 : that's what I'm doing right now but I do want to stand up to my husband. I want to feel respected. My father too never cared for us girls. He was too busy in his social life to care for us sisters. My mother brought us up with a lot of patience. I hate to live such an emotionally battered life. Have just been reduced to an unpaid maid's life. My child is the only light in my life and I will make sure that she is very well educated and makes a good life for herself.

6. charanya147

charanya147 Silver IL'ite

Hi, thank you. Even my MIL is like that only.... They are too coward to talk to us directly, so always points out others and try to influence us....... Never, ever listen to her, change the topic immediately........ Always say like "one of my friends mil took dowry, and my friend complained to police..... Now she is facing trail.... Blah blah blah..."...
    . Try to imitate her way of speaking (but by your words)...... Stay cool..... If she speaks about job immediately ask" will you come and take care of my children, I will go to job immediately...

Slim55 likes this.
  7. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Slim55 - (1) so your MIL, your mother, your grandmother - are they all working women - earning money? I don't think so. So, going by your thinking they all are eating from some other person's money! Just don't go by what your MIL is saying. (2) just for one day see what what work you are doing at home - from waking up till sleeping in the night - and now think - are you not working. Only you are not earning money.

So change your way as you look at yourself and your work.

Slim55 and KashmirFlower like this.
  8. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP, say I am taking "vacation", and just don't do anything at home, including kids related stuff. Go out alone in the morning and come after eating dinner outside. Do it for one or two weekends completely.

9. Slim55

Slim55 Senior IL'ite

Hi thank you all for your advices.yesterday was my 33rd birthday.I was thinking whole day and I observed one thing. I want to share my thoughts.It might be silly for all of you but I created it as big problem.As I said earlier my mother in law only problem. My in laws side they are maintaining relationship with more people. Mil only compared my dowry with others and tortured me. She thought of I am useless.she gathered each information about us by frequently giving missed calls on weekends and share each information with relatives.Almost all are same kind wife should get more money , rice, clothes, groceries for monthly from parents.when we go to mil place they also enquirer about my clothes wether they purchased my husband or my parents. My husband only getting more salary among all their relatives.so they jealous about me that with less dowry she enjoying ).So they poisoned my mil mind .In 2005 in our area dowries are 10 lakhs cash and gold extra. We gave 4 lakhs.My in laws only enquirer about me in that time they said we want only girl no dowry(that time they said because they are facing problems with first daughter in law nobody is giving daughters to their second son. We don't know all these then)so they almost searching for only good girl without dowry.They want calm girl.My parents were searching for a teacher groom for me.when our marriage arranged in our side relatives also keep on saying with less dowry she got good rich man.All these words influenced me so I think my dowry is less so I should be good calm wife.I should not give answers to in laws if they are rude also.As I am having pros my pregnancy also late I conceived in 6th year of marriage. In those days my husband support me a lot .we went to big hospitals he didn't tell to their parents as I am having problem.After marriage we were in Hyderabad more relatives are coming and enquire about all expanses and how we spend on weekend my mil also frequently called on weekends.(only missed calls).

So all these are reasons I felt I am not suitable to these man .If I wear good dress means mil asked who purchased this your father or my son.My mil and their relatives keep on enquire about us so my mind totally changed(in that time I was also in depression without kids)So I was only choosing less cost clothes .Oncekids born my weight is 83 kgs.Now I am postponing to take high cost clothes. Now I am having thyroid and pcod problem I am in depression.
    Recently we came to Usa I will slowly trying to not respond to mil words. Now she started enquire my son like this if he said we went out means she asked like this
    Your mother came with you or you and your daddy went? What you purchased. For festivals your mother take dress or not like this?If my husband drop my son to school also big problem
    For her because I am enjoying by staying at home.Even in video call also she keep an eye on my clothes.I think because of her only I am not doing shopping for myself.My husband side no problem.
    I India weekends around 6.30 pm only she used to call weather we are going to movie or stay at home.If we go to movie means we wasters money. I think because of her psycho mentality me and my husband suffered. My husband not able to give answer to his mother that's the problem. But he is good person.4 years back my fil passed away if my husband give answers means she will cry.So he is not opening his mouth.Slowly I will change thank you all.

10. Slim55

Slim55 Senior IL'ite

thank you radv.my mother in law's parents house near to them she got clothes groceries from their parents.my fathers parents also forced my mother to bring everything from parents. These might be effect my thoughts. With all our indus ladies friends I got good advices. I Will change my mindset.