January 2017 Birth Club! :d

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Joy015, May 28, 2016.

1. Avanti30

Avanti30 Gold IL'ite

HI @yagash
    Welcome to group !!!!
    Is it not safe to have fennel seeds ?
    Have a habit of eating them after lunch and dinner. Having them regularly.
    How far are you ?

2. yagash

yagash New IL'ite

Hi Avanti,
    Im not sure, thats why i raised the question. Im into my 17th week. How about you?

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats on your pregnancy. :)
    Eat healthy and stay healthy.
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey.
    Anything in moderation is always OK with pregnancy. Fennel seeds are taken around 7m or around 9m for ease of pain I think. It should be OK.

4. Vasumathy

My update:
    Completed 17 weeks.
    Finished with doc appointment. Doc just checked heartbeat with Doppler. Couldn't see baby though. Will wait for anomaly scan.
    Doc asked to start with exercise and walking. Should check out on exercise part soon.

5. yagash

yagash New IL'ite

Thanks Vasumathy.

6. ngrn

ngrn Senior IL'ite

I have heard that fennel seeds produces heat in the body which can cause premature uterine contractions leading to premature birth and hence should be avoided during pregnancy. People recommend to eat it during post pregnancy care. However in a small quantity it should not be a problem. I am not really sure about this info as I have also heard this from people, it's not my own experience.

7. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

Congratulations @Vasumathy. Such a wonderful news.:clap2: How did I miss this news? Someone mentioned it on another due date club, thats how I came to know. Have a safe and healthy pregnancy. How is elder sister Darshika doing? Have you told her yet?

Take care dear. God bless
    Sapna

Vasumathy likes this.
  8. Joy015

Joy015 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Sooo Nice to see all of us moving forward in this journey.Its amazing to read all our experiences..wont be great to go thru all of these after our baby is born. :blush::blush:

I am in my 21st week now and can now feel the baby's movements clearly. it is like gas bubbles in ur stomach :hearteyes::hearteyes: However my husband cannot feel it frm outside..!:angry::angry: I can feel my lower abdomen getting stretched and heavy. I am concerned i do not feel much hunger..i am just eating my normal diet quantity..hav heard ppl eat for two during pregnancy..shd it be forced eating..or just how much u feel like?

I get bloated by evening due to gas, hope its normal..will chk wid doc in my next visit. I am also having 'ajawain/carrom' seeds to avoid that..and it works gud..! let me knw..if u guys hv heard any side effect of using the same?

I hv anomaly scan scheduled this week..it wud be great of those who hv done with this scan..any piece of advice u wanna help me with..!

take care!
    Cheers :grinning::grinning:

9. Avanti30

Avanti30 Gold IL'ite

Hey @Joy015 ,
    Good to know you are doing well.
    Good luck for your anomaly scan. Just sit back and see your LO doing well inside.
    Do you want to know whether it is a girl or a boy?
    Me too not eating for two still. But happy that I am healthy and doing everything with lots of energy and vigour.
    Take care

10. Vasumathy

Thanks for your wishes Sapna. :)
    My elder daughter is doing good. She's yet to realize she going to play with her own sibling in few months. I kept telling her I have a pappa inside my tummy. Since she couldn't see, she won't understand. Its too much too expect from her as she's only 2 years. Old. Will have to wait till delivery or until some scan makes her understand.
    Its good to hear from you.

Joy,
    You don't need to eat for two. Just eat what you can. Hunger will pick up when your body needs more. Plan to eat healthy rather than concentrating on quantity. I used to feel less hunger until recently. Only now hunger picking up. Don't worry.
    All the best to your anomaly scan. I have mine by 7th sept.

saps105 likes this.