ILites from Trichy?

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by romanch61, Nov 26, 2008.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Anybody from Trichy?

Dear Gouri,
    I am also from Thiruvanaikovil, Tiruchy.Studied in Srirangam Girls' High School,since there was no High school in our times.( 1957 SSLC)My memories of the school, SRC,Rockfort,Srirangam Swarga vasal thirunal-are ever green in my memory.Ambi Iyer hotel, Joseph's Coffee,Rathna photo stores, Ayurvedic doctor Warrier, Chella Stores,vasan medical hall, Dadra silk shops, Arunachalam Chettiyar vessel shop ,nooru kaal mandapam where we had lot of kutcheries,michael ice cream selling a cup for 4 annas was a treasure.

Above all the brim full cauvery ,the bridge of which we walk and cross, whenever we had no money( even 6 paisa) to go by bus.I was pained to see the dry cauvery when I visited trichy in July.
    Now Trichy is just a place in my heart. All elders have left this world.Youngsters have migrated abroad.Only the thoughts about Trichy are ever green.

Jayasala 42

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

3. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Hello trichy friends need help from you all. We are planning to go to samayapuram next Saturday. Please let me know how the rush will be and I wanted to do mottai for my son and offer kanmalar. This is the first time I am going and wanted to know details how much it cost for mottai and kanmalar also wanted to know how the rush because week after next is vaikunta ekadhasi. Please help me out to ease my trip. Thank you so much.

4. samba

samba Bronze IL'ite

Hi Trichy Ilites,
    I want to know how to reach Thirunedungulam temple?I googled to find out that it can be reached from trichy chathram bus stand but bus numbers,timings were not given.can anybody help me in this?

5. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anyone active from Trichy Forum ?
    I need some information.

1) Where can I buy accessories like necklace / bangles etc ?
    something like Jhilmill shop in chennai .

2) Any reliable store to buy kurtha , chudidhar ? I bought some from Sharada , it shrunk in 1 wash.
    I bought from Chennai Silks, its good . but some are leaving colors during wash.
    I need some store suggestion where I can buy without thinking of quality.

6. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

hi ,
    Any one is there who studied in 2002-2004- M.com in SIGC at Trichy???