##### Prayers To Lord Shiva (sri Rudram .......) #####

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Goodgod, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

NAMAKAM
    9...ANUVAKAM

Nama irinyaya cha prapayouraya cha,
    Namah kigim shilya cha kshayanaya cha
    Namah kigim shilya cha kshayanaya cha
    Namo goshyouraya cha, grihyaya cha
    Nama stalpyaya cha, gehyaya cha,
    Namah katyaya cha, gahvareshthaya cha,
    Namo hradayyaya cha niveshpya ya cha
    Namah pam savyaya cha rajasyaya cha
    Nama shuskyaya cha Harityaya cha
    Namo lopyaya cholapya cha
    Nama urvyaya cha surmyaya cha
    Namah parnyaya cha parnashadyaya cha
    Namo paguramanaya chabhighnate cha,
    Nama akkhyidate cha, prakkhi date cha,
    Namo vah kirikebhyo devanam hrudayou bhyo,
    Namo vikshina kebhyo,
    Namo vichinvakte bhyo,
    Nama anir hatebhyo
    Nama amivaktebhyaha ||

Salutations to Him who abides in saline tracts and in trodden pathways.
    Salutations to Him who is in the rocky uninhabitable and rugged tracts and in habitable places.
    Salutations to Him who binds His matted locks and wears them majestically like a crown and Him who ever stands before His devotees.
    Salutations to Him who is in the cow pens and in the homesteads.
    Salutations to Him who reclines on couches and who takes his ease in stately store yard buildings.
    Salutations to Him who is in the thorny impenetrable forest places and in accessible mountain caves.
    Salutations to Him who is in deep waters and in the dew drops.
    Salutations to Him who is in the visible and invisible dust.
    Salutations to Him who is in dry things and green things.
    Salutations to Him who exists in hard places which do not sustain even grass and in coarse and other grasses.
    Salutations to Him who is in the earth and in the fair waves.
    Salutations to Him who is in the green leaves and the dried ones.
    Salutations to the Rudraganas (soldiers of Rudra)who have their weapons uplifted and who strike from the front.
    Salutations to them (Rudraganas) who afflict slightly and also grievously.
    Salutations to you who shower wealth and who dwell in the hearts of the Gods.
    Salutations to you who are not liable to decay (and who abides in the hearts of the Gods).
    Salutations to you who search and examine the good and bad that each one does (and who abides in the hearts of the Gods).
    Salutation to them who have rooted out sin utterly (and who abides in the hearts of the Gods).
    Salutation to them who have assumed a gross form and stand in the material shape of the universe (and who abide in the hearts of the Gods).

2. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

BENEFITS OF CHANTING NINTH ANUVAKA....

In the ninth Anuvaka the strength and power of attendant is celebrated because they illumine the Gods and the world and control the forces of the universe. This Anuvaka is chanted for obtaining gold, a good wife, a job, and the blessings of a son who will be devoted to Lord Shiva.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  3. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

NAMAKAM
    10....ANUVAKAM

Drape Andha saspate daridran nilalohita, esham purushanam esham pushunam ma bhermaro mo esham kim chanamamat
    Ya te Rudra Shiva tanu Shiva vishvaha bheshaji, Shiva Rudrasya Bhesaji tasya no mruda jivase ||
    Imam Rudraya tavase kapardane kshayadviraya
    Prabhara mahe matim,
    Yatha na sha masa dvipade chatushpade vishvam pushtam Grame asminnana turam |

Mruda no Rudrota no maya skrudhi kshayadviraya Namasa vidhema te, yacchamcha yoscha manurayaje pita Tadshyama tava Rudra pranitau ||
    Ma no mahanta muta ma no arbhakam ma na ukshanta Muta ma na ukshitam, ma no vadhih pitaram mota Mataram priya ma nastanuvo Rudra ririshaha ||
    Ma nastoke tanayou ma na ayusi ma no goshu ma no Ashveshu ririsaha | Viranma no Rudra bhamito vadhirhavi - shmanto namasa vidhema te ||
    Aratte goghna uta purushaghne kshayadviraya sumna masme Te astu, Raksha cha no adhi cha deva bruhyatha cha nah Sharma yacchavi barhah ||
    Stuhi shrutam garta sadam yuvanam mrugannabhima mupahat numugram, mruda jaritre Rudra Satvano anyante asmanniva pantu senaha ||
    Parino Rudrasya hetir vrunaktu pari tve shasya durmati raghayoho | Ava sthira maghavad bhyastanushva midhvasttokaya tanayaya mridaya
    Midhushthama shivatama shivo nah sumana bhava parame vriksha Ayudhan nidhaya krittim vasana achara pinakam bibhradagahi |
    Vikirida vilohita Namaste astu bhagavaha, Yaste sahasragam hetayo nyamasmanniva pantu tah ||
    Sahasrani sahasradha bahuvostava hetayah | Tasamishano bhagavah parachina mukha krudhi ||

You who makes sinners lead contemptible lives, Lord and dispenser of food. You who choose to remain poor amidst your riches. You are dark in the neck and red elsewhere. Frighten not our near and dear persons or our cattle. Let not even one among them perish or get ill.[​IMG]

Oh Lord Rudra! By that form of yours which is peaceful and auspicious, more highly auspicious since it is a panacea for human ills for all days, most highly auspicious since by the grant of knowledge and illumination, it utterly uproots ignorance and the entire misery of samsara, by that gracious form of yours make us lead a full and happy life.
    May we foster and cherish this attitude of mind towards Rudra even, the strong one with the matted locks, opposing whom his enemy warriors are defeated and meet their doom. May we adopt a mental inclination which results in Rudra maintaining friendship with our human relations and our wealth of cattle; sleek and content.

Lord Rudra! Confer on us happiness in this world, and in the next. You who has destroyed our sins, we shall serve and worship you by our salutations. That freedom from sorrow which Manu, our progenitor, sought for and the happiness which he obtained, we shall taste it, if You are inclined and gracious to us.
    Lord Rudra! Afflict not the elders in our midst, nor the tender babe, nor the procreating youth, nor the child in the womb, nor the father or mother, nor our bodies dear to us.

Lord Rudra! Getting angry at our transgressions hurts not only our children, our sons in particular, but also our cattle and horses, and our warriors. Making offerings into the sacred fire, we shall serve and calm you by our Namaskars (salutations).
    Oh Deva! Let that terrible form of yours be far away from us—that which afflicts our cattle, our sons and grandsons, and wastes your enemy warriors. Let that form which confers happiness be near to us. Protect us. Recommend us to the other Gods and bespeak in our favor. You who increases the happiness of both worlds. Please confer happiness upon us.

I praise you the famous one, seated in the heart, the ever-youthful, terrible like the lion, fierce for the purpose of destruction. Lord Rudra, having been praised by us, let your armies strike at others than us.
    Let the weapon of Rudra give us wide berth. Let the fixed displeasure of Rudra blazing with just anger based on our sins, and keen to punish us, depart from us. Showerer of Blessings! Your purpose and your shaft are ever unerring; loosen them in regard to us; we who approached you with sacrifices and prayers. Make our sons and their sons happy.

Supreme showerer of blessings. Supreme auspicious One! Be auspicious and beneficent, and bear goodwill to us. Place your threatening and hurtful weapons on some tall and distant tree. Approach us wearing your elephant hide garment. Come bearing your Pinaka bow.
    Granter of wealth! You white One! Lord Bhagavan! Salutations to you. Let your thousands of weapons not destroy us, but rather destroy our enemies.

In your arms exist thousands of kinds of weapons in thousands of numbers. But Bhagavan, You art Lord and master of them. Turn their hurtful faces away from us.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  4. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

BENEFITS OF CHANTING TENTH ANUVAKA......

In the tenth Anuvaka Rudra is again asked to shed his fury and shower benevolence by displaying Pinaka bow without arrows and to gracefully appear with tiger skin on body with pleasing countenance ready to shower boons upon devotees. This Anuvaka is chanted for possession of wealth, cure of diseases, removal of fear, getting rid of the enmity of powerful people, absence of fear from all living beings, having the vision of Bhairava (Shiva in most fearful aspect), absence from dangers and fears, blessings and the absolution of sins.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  5. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

NAMAKAM
    11...ANUVAKAM

Sahasrani sahasrasho you Rudra Adhi bhumyam, teshagam Sahasra yojane vadhanvani tanmasi ||
    Asmin mahatyarnaven tarikshe bhava adhi
    Nila griva shiti kantha sharva adhah kshama charah
    Nila griva shiti kantha divam Rudra upashritaha||
    Yo vrikshesu saspinjara nilagriva vilohitaha,
    Yo bhutana madhi patayo vishikhasah kapardianaha,
    You annesu vividhyanti patresu pibato janan
    You patham pathi rakshaya ailabruda yavyudhah,
    You tirthani pracharanti srukavanto nisanginah
    You etavanta scha bhuyam sascha disho Rudra vitasthire,
    Tesagam sahasra yojane vadhanvani tanmasi.
    Namo Rudrebhyo you pruthivyam you ntarikshe, You divi yousa mannam vato varsamisa vastebhyo Dasha cirdasha dakshina dasha prati cirda sho dicirda shor Dhvastebhyo Namaste no mridayantu te yam dvismo Yascha no
    dvestim tam vo jambhe dadhami.
    Tryambakam yajamahe sugandhim pushtivardhanam urvarurkamiva bhamdhanam mrityor mukshiya mamritate.
    Yo Rudro agnau yo apsu ya oshadhishu yo Rudro vishva bhuvana vivesha tasmai Rudraya namo astu
    Tamu shthuti yah svishuh sudhanva yo vishvasya shyati bheshajasya Yakshvamahe saumanasaya Rudram namo bhrdevamasuram duvasya
    Ayam me vishvabhesajo yam shivabhimarshanaha
    Yo te sahasramayutam pasha mrityo martyaya hantave Tanyagyasya mayaya sarvanava yajamahe
    Mrityave Svaha, Mrityave Svahaha
    OM Namo Bhagavate Rudraya Vishnave mrityume pahi
    Prananam granthirasi rudro ma vishantakaha.Tenan nenapyayasva. OM Namo Bhagavate Rudraya Vishnave mrityume pahi Prananam granthirasi rudro ma vishantakaha.Tenan nenapyayasva.

Those Rudras who live on the face of the earth in thousands of varieties, we shall cause the strings of their bows to be loosened, and the bows themselves to be deposited thousands of yojanas far away from us.

Those Rudras who dwell in the sublime ocean and the space between sky and earth, we shall cause the strings of their bows to be loosened and the bows themselves to be deposited thousands of yojanas far away from us.
    The Rudra Ganas, blue throated, where the Kalakuta poison rested; and white throated in other portions; those Rudras who dwell in the nether regions; we shall cause the strings of their bows to be loosened, and the bows themselves to be deposited thousands of yojanas far away from us.
    Blue throated where the poison rested and elsewhere white throated Rudras who dwell in the heaven, we shall cause the strings of their bows to be loosened, and the bows themselves to be deposited thousands of yojanas far away from us.
    Those Rudras of the color of tender grass who are black throated, those who are red in color, who live in trees, we shall cause the strings of their bows to be loosened, and the bows themselves to be deposited thousands of yojanas far away from us.
    Those Rudras who stand in the food and in the liquids, and pierce the persons who eat the food and drink the liquids, we shall cause the strings of their bows to be loosened, and the bows themselves to be deposited thousands of yojanas far away from us.
    Those Rudras who are the protectors of the pathways, the givers of food, who fight with one enemies, we shall cause the strings of their bows to be loosened, and the bows themselves to be deposited thousands of yojanas far away from us.
    Those Rudras who haunt the sacred places wearing short daggers and long swords, we shall cause the strings of their bows to be loosened, and the bows themselves to be deposited thousands of yojanas far away from us.
    Those Rudras so far mentioned, and over and above them, who have entered the quarters and occupied them, we shall cause the strings of their bows to be loosened, and the bows themselves to be deposited thousands of yojanas far away from us.
    Those Rudras who are on this earth, to whom food turns into shafts, I bow to them with my speech. With my ten fingers joined, I bow to them with my body facing the east, the south, the west, the north, and upwards, I bow to them with my mind. May they render me happy. Oh Rudras, to whom we bow! I consign him whom we hate and he who hates us, into your yawning mouths.
    Those Rudras who dwell in the middle region between the heaven and the earth, for whom the wind furnishes the shaft, salutations to them. With the ten fingers joined, I bow to them in the east, the south, the west, the north and upwards. Salutations to them. May then render me happy. They whom we hate, and they who hate us, I consign them into their yawning mouths. Those Rudras who dwell in heaven, to whom rain serves as a shaft, salutations to them. With the ten fingers joined, I bow to them in the east, the south, the west, the north and upwards. Salutations to them. May then render me happy. He whom we hate, and he who hates us, I consign them into your yawning mouths.
    He who has divine fragrance, He who makes men powerful and full of plenty, Him even we worship, the three-eyed Rudra. Like a ripe berry from its stalk, release me from death, and let me not turn away from immortality and enlightenment.
    That Rudra who has even entered into and pervaded fire, the waters, vegetation, and all the worlds, let my salutations be to that Rudra.
    He who holds a beautiful and powerful shaft and a strong bow, He who is the source and repository of all medicines, praise Him alone. To gain the favor and goodwill of that supreme and effulgent God Rudra, let us worship Him, honor and adore Him by salutations.
    Due to its contact with the Linga image, this right hand of mine is fortunate. Indeed this hand of mine is a panacea for all human beings for all ills.
    Oh Death in the form of Rudra. Those countless nooses of yours by which You destroy all mortal creatures, we shall loosen them by the efficiency of our worship of you.
    I offer this sacred food offering in sacrifice to Rudra the Destroyer.
    Om. Salutation to the omnipresent Bhagavan Rudra. Protect me from death.
    Kamadhenu, the divine cow discovered the hymns by which the gods are invoked. Manu was the sacrificer. Brihaspathi repeated the Sasthra Mantras which gladden. May the Visva Devas praised in the hymns and Mother Earth not cause me any suffering. Let me think sweet thoughts; let me perform sweet actions which bear sweet fruits; let me bear sweet offerings, let my speech and praise be sweet; let me utter words which sound sweet to the Gods; let me utter sweet words to men who would lend their ears. Let the Gods illumine me and render my speech sweet. Let the Prithis, the forefathers feel glad and approve of me.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  6. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

BENEFITS OF CHANTING ELEVENTH ANUVAKA..

In the eleventh Anuvaka Rudra’s accomplishments are profusely praised
    and benevolence is invoked with unconditional salutations. This Anuvaka is chanted for blessings of one’s progeny, the enhancement of longevity, visiting of sacred places, and acquiring knowledge of past, present and future.

vaidehi71 likes this.