1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation For Dummies!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Aug 17, 2016.

1. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

@meenashankaran,

You have described your attempt at meditation very well, amazing narration.

I happen to be tempted to try out yoga once, my curiosity was at his edge that I found an institute where yoga was practiced by a well trained instructor. I got hold of my sack bag rolled my yoga mat into it,well yes half of the mat peeped out which resembled a guitar, anyhow how I swung it to my shoulders and wore my converse and off I went.

"I was in before time, I'm punctual for once.", I smiled at my achievement. As I looked around I saw people getting into the fitting room and coming out in their track pants or anything comfortable to them.

"Yikes!"- these people are serious, I just hoped I hadn't made any lame mistakes.

The instructor came upto me and said: Dear, in the first stage you might not be able to do all the steps/positions, don't worry with practice you would, just don't force yourself in the beginning -which calmed me down.

We will start with meditation, she said as she walked away to take her position right in front of the entire class. By then everyone was seated on their respective mats.

I looked around to see few woman with grey hair and some men with barely few strands of them.

The instructor folded her legs to the meditation position. I struggled by placing by leg in the same position with the help of my hands. Once I succeeded, I looked around hoping none of them noticed my struggle. To my surprise everyone was already in a meditation mood.

There was a calm music heard in the background, which was intended to calm the soul I suppose. The meditation went on well, expect that I opened my eyes a couple of times. (Come'on I'm not used to focusing for more than 10 minutes, haven't even focused so much in my studies)

The yoga section was tough, I was thankful that the instructor had warned me before hand. I couldn't help but look around at how easily the people with minimal black hair or hair did the yoga steps. My neck kept turning to all directions. I even checked my mobile in my jacket a couple of times to know how long I would have to sitting here doing nothing other than envying the others. Finally the instructor tapped on my shoulder and asked: Is everything okay dear? She suspected that I was expecting some important calls.

It sure was a good experience expect the nerve pull that I felt the whole evening, it was worth the time and the sight pain.

I noticed a little girl who seemed not more than 4 years old come in for the next section. I was convinced that age is just a number, it's all in the mind.

meenasankaran, sindmani and vaidehi71 like this.
  2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Think of something good that has happened to u or u want that to happen(a wish). I am asked to do that in my meditation class.

meenasankaran likes this.
  3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

I read your feedback soon after you posted, enjoyed it and meant to return the next day to reply but ahem,got carried away in the sands of time as usual. Forgive me please. :)

I have now officially boxed meditation into the 'on hold for next lifetime' activities. I don't believe I will get the hang of it anytime soon. And if I knew how to walk on fire like when the village girls in the tamil movies do during maariyamman thiruvizhaa, I would do it for you and swear that you and I are the same. :thumbup: It is always good to hear from you Kamla. :thumbsup:

4. meenasankaran

You are right Balajee. I was doing it all wrong. If only I had had your wisdom, I could have tamed my jumping monkeys with transquilizers and be well on my way to victory in the art of meditation. :D:D

Do forgive me for my tardiness in appearing so late to acknowledge your comment Balajee.

sindmani likes this.
  5. meenasankaran

Dear @beautifullife30 ,

A wholesome personality with a tendency to slip off into a short-term coma at the smallest provocation? Why, you sound like my long lost twin! That is one naughty monkey we have up in our heads anyway. Either it is bouncing off the walls :banana: or is curling up to snore:yawn:. How is a mere mortal supposed to meditate, I ask? :biggrin:

Thanks for stopping by with a lovely comment @beautifullife30 .:worship2:

6. meenasankaran

Thank you dear @jskls for the helpful tips. God knows I can use the extra help. :tonguewink:

jskls likes this.
  7. meenasankaran

Dear @Amica ,

You are a riot.:yum: I just gave the pink slip to the toothless uncle and brought you his plate of murukkus. While it caused me pain to distress an old toothless man, fair is fair. You have proved beyond all doubt that you have mastered the art (or is it science?) of an empty mind. But if I were to follow your footsteps and master the art of taming my mind, I need to go back to school and take exams and all. I am not that motivated to meditate, my friend. :D

Thanks for indulging my foolishness with a fun feedback Amica.

Amica likes this.
  8. meenasankaran

Dear gentleman GG @GoogleGlass ,

My bond with my bread basket is a very special one. There is nothing I trust more than my bread basket to save me in a tight spot. Hope I made that very clear in my earlier post. :tonguewink::tonguewink:

Thank you for your compliments. I am so happy you enjoyed this post.

9. meenasankaran

Dear @Viswamitra sir,

Please be assured that I need no reminder about my bread basket. Does one need a reminder to breathe or eat? I rest my case. :thumbup::thumbup:

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. meenasankaran

Dear @Kamalji ,

Your wife is a treasure. I do hope you realize that. Who else will take on their own monkeys and their pathidev's too? She makes me proud to be a woman today :grinning:

You know me too well to hold a grudge against me for replying so late to a feedback, right Kamalji? :D