1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Enlighten Me, Please..

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by sweetygal, Aug 27, 2016.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

jealousy stems from craving to have that recognition, it's natural but how you handle and how you can get rid of the craving, is within your control.

just leave the issue and preview the long term effect that jealousy is going to have on you.

jealousy turns anybody lousy. if you too can jel with then shed becoming lousy. if your dislikes control you, then just ignore, to have peace within you.

yellowmango, Rihana and jskls like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@sweetygal is teaching going to be your profession, or is it waiting for a better prospect stop gap..just wondering..no you don't need to answer me.

If it is then just think about your lecturers and do you have somebody whom you may want to.emulate..just go ahead and work on it.
    You know i must have had 10's of teachers..but very few still remain memorable...be the one whomr you want to.meet even after 30 yrs..

3. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

Hmm... After her classes she will come to us to explain what all funny things happened while she was teaching . She ll tell about the new pairs and about their love affairs. Being too polite, I ll nod and smile to things. I feel

vaidehi71 and Caide like this.
  4. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

I feel like pulled in two directions.. so next time she comes with topics like that wudnt it be good, if I tell her I don't want to listen to the stories of students and their love affairs.

vaidehi71 and Caide like this.
  5. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

yeah students respect you thats enough and you teach them which help them improve their knowledge so be glad :D dont confuse with others :D keep updating what you feel next time dont worry everytng will be fine :D

vaidehi71 likes this.
  6. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

yeah say to her you have work to do and move from your place if she keep doing it at some point she will stop it by herself

vaidehi71 likes this.
  7. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

Hmm... The thing is I m too polite with ppl.. still moving away is the best option.. at least it gives me peace of mind than listening to the love affairs.
    I ll definitely be coming back for more suggestions on this matter.. thanks for all the support u all offered :blush:

dnormx01, vaidehi71 and Caide like this.
  8. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

all the best :D

dnormx01 and vaidehi71 like this.
  9. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Honestly I am not good at advising and all coz I am still learning life myself .

But reading about this lady reminded me of a teacher we had at plus 2. The lady was a young teacher and very friendly with all the students and would discuss everything with them. It turned out that most of her classes were gossip sessions and we had to run to the staff room after her to actually learn the subject . Some of us were tired and slowly joined coaching classes outside to cope. There were a few parents who did complain but these few kids she befriended supported her . And that's how it went .

So even if majority might like her approach not all will be comfortable. And let things take their course. Easier said than done. But why rack our brains for others deeds.

10. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

I have been a lecturer and understand the situation you are undergoing. I also used to be jovial and friendly with the students. They have opened about their personal life to me, but I haven't discussed further because I did not want to get involved in any of their activities. I have just advised them in general as a well wisher.

The lecturer helping students for their exams and being funny is all fine. But discussing about student's love affair with them and with you after class is not right. Next time, she talks about these stuff, just let her know it is not safe for her position to keep discussing these talks with students, because in future if any major issue crops up in this regard, the particular lecture may get dragged unnecessarily. The management will also not encourage such aspects.

And for you to feel better, any kind of exaggeration in life does not last. Moderation in any aspect of life is the key for stability in life. Also its best you act according to your position. Everlasting respect will only be there for a person who behaves according to his/her own position.So I wouldn't say IGNORE,just DON'T BOTHER about her.

dnormx01 likes this.