1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life After Marriage For Ladies

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 26, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

“Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different and each one is beautiful.”
    “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.”
    “You don’t marry one person; you marry three: the person you think they are, the person they are, and the person they are going to become as a result of being married to you.”

For every woman life after marriage is different because each family is different in every way. So a woman has to get adjusted to the family she goes.Even if they are married to the same caste and come from the same place their rituals, way of cooking everything will be different. Like I am married to a Keralite means tamilian from Kerala but different from our family. Since they are born and brought up in Kerala their tamil is mixed with malayalam. Earlier when I got married could not understand some words which m mil used to talk . Though I was born in Kerala from six years onwards till 22 year I was in Hyderabad so my tamil is different which everyone can understand. Also when we were in school we brothers and sisters used to talk in hindi. In my in laws house when I came new they always used to make all thorans, beans thoran, vazakkai thoran , means beans with coconut, plantain with coconut and I like vegetables with masalas. My husband also used to talk like them but later changed.

Everyone should get good mils who should be loving , caring and also should teach everything to their daughter in law like how they teach their daughter. My younger daughter's mother in law is like that. She is loving caring and strict and after marriage she taught everything to my daughter, their lifestyle, their culture, their cooking etc. etc. My daughter has lot of patience so she learnt everything from her , cooking , the kolam they put in front of God, their festivals and follows also everything though she is in London. Her mother in law has taught her more than me. She learnt from her mother in law and wanted her daughter in law also to be perfect in everythng. Today I feel proud of my daughter because she has learnt everything and knows more than me and can cook for death anniversary alone though in the beginning she had problems. Her father in law died five years back and she does his death anniversaryevery year, first year it was very difficult but then she learnt. Also her daughter's birthday she celebrates calling friends and their children and her friends also help her in cooking. Abroad they do everything themselves so they get to learn. Since she is working yesterday she did only pal payasam and vella aval before going to office and did pooja in the evening after coming back from Office after 7 pm.

In the case of my brother in law , his wife was from tamil nadu. In the beginning she had problems with his taml, cooking etc. But later she got adjusted though in some cases in cooking she used to follow her way of cooking and though from tamil nadu she learnt malayalam because her neghbours were all malayalees. She is no more. After her death her son got married to a Maharashtrian and she is a very nice girl and she got adjusted to their way of living. She learnt cooking on death anniversary, for sumangali prarthanai etc. But of late since my brother in law is getting old she started cooking and she makes according to her choice and he also earts what she prepares and mostly she makes chapathi and less of rice.

In present days not much problems because now a days they want to live separately so that no problem for their in laws and for them also and they keep in touch and meet whenever needed and take care of each other. There is more love in that way. Now a days both the elders and youngsters need space.

“Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.”
    “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.”

“There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps.”

2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

“Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different and each one is beautiful.”
    “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.”
    “You don’t marry one person; you marry three: the person you think they are, the person they are, and the person they are going to become as a result of being married to you.”
    “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.”

:worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2: wah wah super though i am not married i love the way my parents care for each other.... though my dad love mom more than she love him... i can see the adjustment you were talking about in this post both my elder sis and mom are same.
    “There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps.”
    this is my mom for sure she wont give a call wont sleep either till he comes same my dad reaches home sharp by 6pm :D
    “Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.”

More than my mom i prefer my dad for this he is gem <3

3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,
    So true.
    Very good quotes.
    Thanks for the snippet.
    Vaidehi

iyerviji, creativemind23 and Caide like this.
  4. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Vijima ~ (Sorry to call u by this name but I saw many ladies calling you by this name & I liked it too hence I called you by this name, hope that is fine with you) You have penned the thought so superbly. Your explanation on the word " marriage" seems so perfect. I agree with each word u wrote.
    Mine is a Love marriage & we both are Maharashtrians but with totally different culture altogether. We believe in god while they don't, we were vegetarians & they non vegetarians. Now I have transformed myself as per there culture including the food part. But in initial years though I knew it would be like that I was not able to cope up with his family resulting clashes. Now when I have done with there lifestyle the clashes have gradually reduced. But I always feel why the husbands cannot ever adjust the wife with however she is, why they want to change them as per there wish. While if we expect them to change they are stubborn to get changed.

iyerviji and creativemind23 like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Wonderful quotes.
    Now a days, no MIl stays with DIL and since the meeting is rare,
    hello','hello' relationship is always warm.These days boys face more problems
    than girls.We advise boys along similar lines as was done with girls some 25 years back.
    No question of woman waiting for the sound of foot steps of man.In a hurry life with different hours of work for man and the lady,
    with children at day care centre, actually children wait either for mom or Dad either at home or day care centre.
    With hardly any time to converse, many instructions are passed over sms .Even a conversation thro phone may end up in unnecessary conflicts.
    Mostly they want to avoid conflicts.Though this may seem to be in exaggeration, in reality it is worse than what I have written.

I feel more for kids than for the man and the lady.how many more changes we are going to see? As we become accustomed, it will not look like a 'change' but will become part and parcel of the daily inevitability.

Jayasala 42

6. creativemind23

creativemind23 Silver IL'ite

Very nice. As always I enjoy your simple writing style, layered with words of wisdom. It feels more like you are talking than writing. I think that's why your readers connect to you instantly.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. creativemind23

creativemind23 Silver IL'ite

I loved the first line "marriages are like fingerprints"

iyerviji likes this.
  8. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

iyerviji likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks deari, glad to see so many feedbacks, will come back with my replies later

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know that your parents care for each other, glad to know about their love for each other.

Caide likes this.