1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pursuit Of Love - Chapter 6

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Bhargavi03, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Bhargavi03

Bhargavi03 Gold IL'ite

Next morning I woke up with a post it note put up on the bedside table. I read it.

Hey got a call from office early this morning. My presentation has been advanced to the morning session. So I had to leave in a hurry. I had not wanted to disturb you. Have your breakfast. I will try to wind up soon and be by late afternoon. Bye.

Victor

I took a deep breath. I knew what I wanted to do. I got up, took bath, got ready, went down to the hotel dining hall, had my breakfast – bread omelette and a cup of coffee and then I headed towards that Italian restaurant we had been last night.

The restaurant was not very far from the hotel we stayed so I walked down the road. I went inside the hotel and checked at the reception desk.

“Hi.”

“Yes madam how I may help you?” asked me a fair blonde receptionist.

“Uh...yesterday I had come here for dinner... I ... uh... noticed one of my old friends walking outside your restaurant carrying a food parcel from here. He walked towards that lane into that apartment opposite to your hotel. Do you know where he resides?”

“Sorry madam. There are hundreds of customers who walk in and out every day to our hotel. We don’t keep track of them.”

“Well...yeah...I understand...He looked like some regular customer to your restaurant. Last night I noticed him going inside that apartment opposite to your hotel so thought you might know. It had been a really long time since I met him and that’s why wanted to check with you. He is a tall fair looking man probably in his mid 30’s. He also has a French beard.”

“Sorry again. I don’t think I could help you in this. Is there anything else you may want?” she told me rather sternly.

“Oh... uh... no problem. Thank you.”

I left the restaurant standing on the foot pavement feeling like a moron who asked some meaningless random abstract questions to that hotel girl. Then someone called me from behind. It was a waiter working in that Italian restaurant.

“Hello madam, I heard you talking to Sheetal madam.”

I gave him a puzzled expression.

“Uh...that receptionist...”

“Oh...yeah...”

“I think I know that man you were asking about. He is Mr. Roy staying in that apartment. He comes here twice every week and picks up food parcel. He lives in that apartment but I don’t know his flat number. He tips me every time. He had come here last night too. You can ask the security guard of that apartment for his flat number.”

“Oh... thank you so much.”

I gave him 50 bucks for generously sharing me someone’s private information and sped towards the apartment. After five minutes I was there in front of the gate of that small apartment. It had only one block with probably close to 25 odd flats. I lifted my chin up and read the name of the apartment – ‘Prime Regalis’. I walked towards the security to check about Mr. Roy.

“Hello sir, Could you please tell me where does Mr.Roy stay here? I am his old friend and forgot his house number. I have come all the way from Bangalore to meet him”

“Madam, there are 3 Roy’s here – Himanshu Roy, Shugato Roy and what is that other guys’ name... oh... forget it... I don’t remember. Which one do you want? Unless you tell me his full name I will not be able to check the residents register and give you the flat number.”

Suddenly it dawned to me that ‘Roy’ was just his second name. I was so foolish not to realize this and ask that waiter his first name. I thought I should go back, find that waiter and ask for Roy’s full name.

“Uh...just give me a moment. I’ll be back...”

“What madam, you forgot his name too? Are you really his friend or trying to fake around with me?” he ridiculed me.

“Oh... no... no... I just remembered that I had left my bag in that restaurant opposite. I’ll pick it up and come. Please give me a moment.”

The watchman was looking at me suspiciously. Before I could turn back towards Chianti, the Italian restaurant, luck favoured me. I saw Roy stepping outside the apartment with someone accompanying him. That person had draped the body all over with something like a niqab.

I was apprehensive and sceptical if I should go up to him and strike a conversation when my phone rang. It was Victor.

“Hey where are you? My presentation got over early. I am here in front of our room. The receptionist told that you had gone outside.”

I was flabbergasted. I tried to suppress the anxiety in my voice and spoke to him.

“Hey did not expect you to be back so soon. I was bored in the room so just came outside to try shopping or something. I will come right away.”

“Oh... ok...do you want me to come?”

“No issues... I will be there in fifteen minutes.”

“Ok...”

I hung the phone and looked back to see if Roy was still there. He was gone. I marched towards our hotel as fast as my feet could take me.

I reached the hotel room and saw Victor waiting there.

“Hey, I am sorry for having kept you waiting.”

“Don’t be. Indeed I should have rather called you before I started from work. I thought you must be in the room.”

I opened the door and we went inside. I gulped a glass of water from the water filter.

“Mom had called me. She is down with viral. I did not want to leave her alone at this time...”

“Oh... that’s really bad... did she visit the doctor?”

“I guess not which is why I have cancelled our stay over the next two days and booked our return flight tickets for today evening at 7.30 p.m. That was the latest I could get after the cancellation of our previous return tickets. She will not visit a doctor until I am around. Just pack up your things, we will grab something to eat and leave in a while. I will book the airport taxi.”

Was his mother really taken ill or is Victor trying to run away from Roy and his presence around? That was the first thought that struck my mind. Of course I would not have asked him to stay here in Hyderabad with me for another 2 days when his mother was unwell (if it’s not a lie), but taking me for granted all the time and making his own decisions without soliciting me annoyed me. But I did not express my dismay. I was in my usual form – calm and polite like when every time he behaves strange and disappointed me.

“Oh... ok... That was a sudden change of plan right? I did not quite anticipate this.”

“Yeah... I did not have time to call and check with you as I had to block the flight tickets. It’s a bit of a disappointment for me too. But I am sure we can make it some other time.”

He told that so casually and cold like it is not a big deal at all. Are men always like this, taking women and their emotions for granted, I pondered and questioned myself?

“Yeah...I get that... no big deal... I will get my bags ready and we can leave.” I snapped at him.

In exactly 1 hour we were ready to check-out from our luxury suite and bid adieu to Hyderabad and an unfulfilling trip.

(To be continued...)

Pursuit Of Love - Chapter 5

2. Bhargavi03

Bhargavi03 Gold IL'ite

@leenam05 Hey all posted next chapter of Pursuit of Love.

Check this out while I will return soon to unveil the suspense revelation chapters :)

Cheers,
    Bhargavi

3. Bhargavi03

Bhargavi03 Gold IL'ite

@leenarajaryan Hi dear posted my next chapter in Pursuit of Love...Check this out while I will return soon to unveil the suspense revelation chapters :)

4. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

nice update bhargavi ...seems there is lot of mystery around victor w.r.t the past ..eagerly waiting for next.

And your narration is so good that we are all looking forward for next updates:)

Bhargavi03 likes this.
  5. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

Well Victor looks too mysterious. hope he doesnt have a bad past. loved the suspense. very well written.

Bhargavi03 likes this.
  6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Hope vicotr doesnot ditch her...
    PS

7. Bhargavi03

Bhargavi03 Gold IL'ite

Ha ha hope so :-; :)

8. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Bhargavi ~ Pls post the next dear. waiting seriously.....

9. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi , pls post the net episode ... Wats the flashback for victor .. Pls tell soon dear .. Ur narration is fabulous.

10. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Bhargavi.

Nice update, what is the mystery behind victors behavior?

You mentioned about 3 Roys,one name is Himanshu Roy , a name of real character who is the is the Additional Director General of Police of Maharashtra.
    Eager to read ahead.