1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life Is Merciless

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by cheenu123, Jul 6, 2016.

1. monkatpeace87

monkatpeace87 Silver IL'ite

I will just comment on ur last lost. What ur lawyer is doing is very wrong. What will happen is, if u win the case well and good for u, the lawyer will get a percentage of the money u receive but if the situation backfires u will be in deep trouble. Not only u will lose face for filling a false case but ur husband can also file a case against u for filling false charges.
    I suggest u change ur lawyer. Ur lawyer is only interested in making money. That's it.

I don't know if ur lawyer told u or not. If u are filling a case for non consummation of marriage that's not a divorce case. It is called annulment of marriage, practically it means u are never married and not a divorcee tag for u. But the catch is I think it's valid for one year only, u have to file the complain within one year of marriage I mean.

Since u guys have decided on separating, I would suggest to go for a mutual divorce. No pain and worries for u and u can move on with ur life. In case u are going for a contested divorce and the mud slinging ur worthless lawyer is suggesting it can take years for u to get the divorce. I believe since u wrote in one of ur post CAW cell, u would be filling for divorce in india. Indian justice system is notoriously slow and is not worth it. U have ur whole life ahead of u and u would be spending a lot of money and time if u go for contested divorce. Ur lawyer I am sure would have painted a very rosy picture for u. 40 50 Lakhs compensation, share in the property etc etc. If u are willing to wait good for u, otherwise cut ur losses and move on. Not worth to cry over spilled milk.

But change ur lawyer for sure

@omnam - I totally agree with her advice.

2. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

You will have to change your lawyer. Find a lady lawyer through known person, but don't depend on lawyers too much. Trust your gut feelings. No genuine lawyer will ever go through CAW until and unless they have harmed you physically and mentally to certain extend.

Every lawyer will first counsel you, try to understand issues, try to counsel spouse before even filing and then suggest you to easiest way to come out of it.

As @monkatpeace87 said, this will easily back fire you. Lawyers and judges are experienced to handle such false cases, they will prove in no time. In fact you cannot handle their questions in court room. Your body language will show all.

monkatpeace87 likes this.
  3. Barupavi

Barupavi Bronze IL'ite

Dear op,
    Hugs to you.I can completely understand the situation you are in now and the desperate thoughts flowing in your mind as I have faced a similar scenario in my past.Now your mind will be more on coming out of the problems and court proceedings rather trying to solve your actual problem.
    Try to look into the problem as a third person and come up with a clear solution. If you have decided to come out of the relationship and you are sure about that, don't give any complaints anywhere.Just file for divorce and pray to God.
    As far as Indian law is concerned these cases will take long time but nobody will have serious attitude over your complaints
    At last you will only be left with hurtful words during the so called enquiries and that will remain a separate chapter to worry about.So better try to end everything smoothly.This is my opinion from my experience.
    Let God bless you with a quick recovery from all your issues.IL is always there for you. Cheer up. Something surprisingly good is there in store for you :blush:

4. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Dear All,
    We are going for separation through Mutual consent. I'm getting my entire Stridhan & other belongings like clothes, books, footwear, cosmetics, etc., back. One petition will be in the first week of September & another 6 months after the first. I'm getting 10+ lacs as compensation. We dint bargain or pester for anything & are riding with the flow, constantly praying for peace

5. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP, Hang in there . All this will settle soon and you can move on with life.
    Hugs.

KashmirFlower and cheenu123 like this.
  6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hugs to you @cheenu123 Take care. I wish you the best.

cheenu123 likes this.
  7. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

hey OP,

Sorry about the issues. Hugs to you dear!

Take care!

cheenu123 likes this.
  8. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

I wonder if I was not at IL, where would have I shared all my pent up feelings, vents, etc. Also, by following some IL member's suggestion w.r.t. to my divorce, I am at peace by moving the case to family court & try to get out of it ASAP.

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Hugs to you cheenu .You have been very mature and you should be proud of how you are handling this with so much dignity.
    Best Wishes to you.

cheenu123 and KashmirFlower like this.
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

hugs to you cheenu... Thank God, there comes an end to all the problems in your life. Look forward to the happy days starting from now on wards.
    You are a free bird, and an independent woman. With your wisdom, maturity and past experience, I am sure you will chose a better life for yourself from now.

Marriage is not all about life. It is just a part. In your case, the most toughest part. Thank God that you have crossed that part already.
    Stay positive.

cheenu123, KashmirFlower and NeetaR like this.