1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Surrogacy Bill In India

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by sslkgpaa, Aug 25, 2016.

1. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Surrogacy helps plan for specific gender and number like this? "Twins" and "daughters"?

Except the "close relative" requirement, it seems to be a wise enough ruling. Though they could be a bit more tactful in the verbiage of their reasoning.

vaidehi71, KashmirFlower and Lathasv like this.
  3. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

yes it is possible to plan the way you want.. though illegal in india.. but possible in USA :cheer:
    if the surrogate must be a close relative, two things
    1. parents could never keep the baby in dark about the birth and the women who carried him for nine months!
    2. if a couple could afford the initial treatment (IVF part of it??) then less chances that they have a relative who would carry their baby. Kinda deadlock??

KashmirFlower likes this.
  4. Rihana

Really? Can say "we want 2 and we want daughters" and that is legally possible through surrogacy in the U.S.?

I am surprised.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  5. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

lol.. wondering if you have doubts on its possibility medically or legally? Both way it is possible in USA. But may cost you a ton..
    Sex Selection & Baby Gender Selection San Diego at La Jolla IVF

vaidehi71 and Rihana like this.
  6. Rihana

vaidehi71 likes this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The close relative requirement is medieval. Hardly surprising though. The demonization of the infertile continues.

madras2018 and minn1 like this.
  8. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

I too saw a discussion on this yesterday on YouTube. The point one person made was, if no option of surrogacy for them means(gay couple, single parent etc), adoption rules should be easy, now it is very tough as per him.
    May be govt should educate more about all the steps/processes to adopt, helps some to take that step.
    He also said to empower those poor women with jobs etc. The women said they are doing surrogacy to help their kids education, but i doubt, money once goes to woman's hand some necessity comes or H will snatch in some cases, money may not go for the real cause for which she did surrogacy mother role.

Also Govt should intervene and make that money available for a reasonable cause, what cause will go case by case.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  9. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

If a couple is at that stage like going for surrogate option, usually they want a kid, if they get two, it is a bonus. And gender choice, couple will go healthy selection of embryos, and the last is gender choice. If one have that much choices at that stage (means tried all options and chose surrogacy option), I think natural conception would more likely to occur for that kind of couple.

10. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Agree with Rihana.

Seems except for the close relative thing, seems a reasonable good decision. I had always been appalled after seeing a documentary which showed how surrogacy has been exploited in India. Infact I was thinking about the poor surrogate mothers and how the business minded are exploiting them.

yellowmango and SunPa like this.