1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is Marriage And Kid Only My Responsibility

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Hopefulheart, Aug 24, 2016.

1. monkatpeace87

monkatpeace87 Silver IL'ite

wow , your husband has made your life like a game show. you play by my rules and my term and conditions , if not you are out . whats wrong with all these guys??? don't know why they marry and destroy somebody else's life

your husband has the typical indian mentality. she is a housewife , where will she go ??? she has no identity without me . gosh!!!! my advice for you to work still stand, until you are financially independent your husband will not understand your worth, and treat you like a doormat. trample you whenever he can .

hope somebody can put some sense in his mind .

wish you luck for your future

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Does that mean a housewife has no right to expect money from the husband?If yes.....
    Can we also say that expecting food,housekeeping ,child care etc from the wife after marriage is wrong for the husband and if wife has no problems ,he should do all his work himself including taking care of the child half the time.

drdiva, madras2018 and guesshoo like this.
  3. monkatpeace87

monkatpeace87 Silver IL'ite

this is a very dicey topic .

the context in which the answer was written is , many husbands do not allow their wife to work and put restrictions on her and than expect her to fend for herself. so i advised the op to work and have her financial independence and be non-dependent on her husband. my answer was very specific to her situation .

coming to the your question, i understand the concept of division of chores and i by no mean want to disrespect housewife. if you were offended my apologies. i think if you are doing all the household works and taking care of kid and making food,it is all economically productive in the sense if you outsource all these work ,they will cost you money.

my advice to the op was only in good faith, as not be dependent on her husband for anything.

yellowmango and guesshoo like this.
  4. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

OP what skills you have ?Can you work on sites like upwork till kid get enough old to keep him in daycare center.

5. Hopefulheart

Hopefulheart New IL'ite

Yes i can try that but i am aprehensive that would it give a decent payout and more importantly will i be able to manage with the baby

6. minn1

minn1 Silver IL'ite

please op use ur brains think ,there is a solution nobody should behave to a girl who has a very small baby and going through lot of physical pains like this .He CANNOT be silent.u asked politely now either the elders should intervene ur parents u and him SHOULD participate in a discussion if that also fails dont wait for anybody take legal action .let us see if he will answer the court .it is his duty as long as he is ur husband to provide for the family legally also .also u have the legal right to stay with him .he cannot absolve from his duties that is Indian law.if ur educated girl u should utilize it when circumstances warrant .

madras2018 likes this.