1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Help Or Taking Advantage

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by harun, Aug 24, 2016.

1. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

the kids r young 5 to 7 yrs range

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Nightie is a fine outfit for baking some nice cake and cookies:yum: ...she can send them down to the first floor in a basket with a rope ...:)

butterflyice and Rihana like this.
  3. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

I dont find this as big thing OP. I dont know the age of kids.But if they are really 7 or 8+ and two kids means, there is no need to come and receive them everyday.Every day she need to change her dress and come all the way down to the ground floor is bit tough only.

Ground floor lady goes everyday to open the door for her kids, and she is not really doing any extra favor like opening the door only for 4th floor kids. if she thinks its a big task, then ask her to talk to fourth floor lady and take turns like one week ground floor lady and next week fourth floor lady.

4. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

i know 4th floor kids are naughty ,i am not sure about loitering around after getting down form bus.I believe the ground floor lady is concerned only about that extra responsibility of receiving 2 more kids. which she belives that 4th floor lady is taking advantage of not coming down to receive her kids.defeinetly ground floor lady not doing any extra work as her kid is also ariving in the same bus same time.
    I am really not sure about the nightie issue,...could be..

5. niriha

niriha Bronze IL'ite

Your kids your responsibility.... Looking after the other kids can be done occasionally not daily...
    Its not about just opening the door alone, there has a minor responsibility to the ground floor person like have they gotten everything and have they reached the floor safely is there which might irritate the ground floor person sometimes when she is busy with her work too.
    4 th floor person can spend 5 mins down for their kids..

Regards,
    Nirihs

6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I don't have any opinion, It just reminded me days as child.

when I was growing up one mom from our quarters go and bring all the kids from school, they did not take any turns, who ever was available, they just go and we come as a group of kids holding each others hands, making lot of noise referred as " Vaanara Pada" ( Monkey Army)

I remember my mom telling me I will not eat food from our house, I wanted only from our neighbors's house and neighbor aunty need to feed me. I will not eat what is made in our house, my mom would hide and take the food and give to neighbor aunty and she will feed me that food if i ever come to know, I will cry and aunty will have to give their food.

When my son was born, my neighbors ( one Inidan and one causasian/mexican) took turns in dropping and bringing my daughter from school for very long time.

Good old days. I'm still thankful to them in my heart, and my mom still talk about that aunty although life had parted us to different locations.

sweetsmiley and SunPa like this.
  7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

What? You can't go downstairs in a nightie to pick kids up??? I thought nightie was a perfectly acceptable garment?!?!? :tonguewink:

dimhere, SunPa and vaidehi71 like this.
  8. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Not for all! :eek:I hate to go out whilst even in India, now never at all. :smile:

guesshoo likes this.
  9. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Since the lady on the ground floor seems to mind picking the other kids up, that's all matters. It would count as taking advantage however petty it seems. The mum ought to come down and be there for her kids.

How the ground floor lady can bring the change about though, I don't know. She of course must talk to the other lady directly and ask her to come downstairs. However if she doesn't, it won't be right to abandon the kids, however bratty.

My niece's school bus driver in india wouldn't let even me pick her up - the bus stops right outside her house - only my mil, FIL & her parents are authorised. I'm quite stunned by lack of security here.

@vaidehi71 me neither! However that doesn't seem to stop the hordes I've seen walking in nighties outside. My grandma used to be shocked and foul tempered in the early days of their proliferation. Now it just seems to invoke a fond smile from me!

vaidehi71 likes this.
  10. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

So true!:rolleyes:
    I had seen them here as well, I used to think if someone could advice them, but I never did it for once. I thought they should realize about it and change it.:)