1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Best-friend Is Accused Of Having Ema

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by blindpup10, Aug 24, 2016.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Long lost friend lets call him A added me on FB recently. I was talking to him in general about what he is doing/ where he is.. stuff like that. I mentioned one of my other friend's names lets call her C.

We three used to be pretty close when we were at school in the US. All three are from the same city, spoke the same language.

Girl C and I grew closer--As a matter of fact the girl C lives in our area and later her parents and my parents became friends. As I was close to C- a little bit about her- she was married and got divorced and remarried and has a baby now. Currently, C is in the US too. My parents attended her first marriage.

I did come to know about C’s divorce, I didn’t ask why or what happened. She too didn’t tell me much. She wrote to me about her second marriage and she settled in the US. I have kept in touch with her and she is has supported me and guided me when I was pregnant.

So, I casually brought up her name while talking to him- and A went crazy and said how she is a bitch, whore—used couple of bad words and told me his story without me asking- (coz I was still reeling from the shock of him calling names) that they both were in a relationship before she got married. It seems like C dumped him and married her first husband and according to A she had an EMA with him too. A is saying that is the reason for her first marriage to fail. Instead of marrying A she went and married her second husband. She is after money- blah blah!! I had to hear an earful about his sad story.

It is very hard to believe this story- First of all- C and I constantly made fun of the guy A coz he is practically very traditional mindset guy. In a bad way- he is the kind who are called pokri.

I highly doubt that C even had a relationship with him and an EMA. Coz A is traditional and C not so traditional and enjoys everything the US had to offer- their personalities don’t even match. We all were together coz we were FOB’s and we spoke the same language. Apart from that nothing much connected me and C to him.
    Can this be true why will a girl from good family, good education have an EMA?

I am still under the shock and I am not able to gulp it down—about the things A told about C. She used to be my best friend- I am unable to believe this crap what A is telling.

On the other hand my mind also tells me-- why will A make up such an elaborate sad story?
    I am confused what to do--should I just tell C what A told me? Should I just clear the air?
    I am afraid our friendship will go bad.

What should I do? Just ignore block this guy A and stay away from this drama?

2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

OP, I dont know either of your friends but if my friend would believe me rumors about me even with evidence, I would feel really hurt.

And something about A doesnt look good. He can be bitter about C ditching him to marry her first husband, he has no qualms about having EMA with her, only curses her when she divorced her first husband to marry the second. Hmmm, nothing traditional about him? I would take his words with a bottle of salt.

3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Liked what @SunPa had written. I feel the same thing.

You should know more about C, if you had been as you told a good friend. If you doubt, then there is already a thin veil in your friendship. So even though you are saying that you and C are close, you are asking here the question, which means you have doubts. So a doubt is what will break any relationship. That doubt is what will make it worse.

As far as A, goes, he is the most filthy person one can think of. He has not only chastised his friend, but he had talked an utter non sense about a married woman. He or anyone has any right to discuss or talk, as to why she divorced her first husband and that is her own personal life. How in the world can we take his words as true! The moment he talked openly to you knowing fully that you are her friend, tells only one thing, that he is definitely jealous of C and her living a happy second marriage. You have not mentioned much about this guy.

But for sure he is not a nice guy at all, infact if I had been in your shoes, I would have blasted this guy, the moment he revealed this and put a full stop with his friendship.

I have written my POV, and I wish you don't ever reveal this degrading and demeaning talks to C, if you do so, I am sure C would leave your friendship.

Take care.

blindpup10, NeetaR and Rihana like this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Well, it seems both A and C were not in touch with you for a long time. They were friends once upon a time with you, but not now.
    The background, traditional or non traditional etc has got nothing to do with EMA. It is a tricky area, and I have personally come across to know the facts about EMAs of very traditional and good family girls/boys due to circumstances. I am not yet made up my mind to blame them, as I don't know who to blame in those cases.
    So, nothing could be generalized.

We really don't know whom to believe in this complicated case. If i were you, I would not just discard what A has mentioned here.
    Ignoring his comments may mean different things.
    I would rather speak to C, and slowly bring up this matter to her attention. She deserves to know what is being talked behind her back, at least by the people who claim to be her best buddies.

The information C shares would be more than enough to validate this claim. Her body language, the easiness, the fact, the information and all about this will give you a fair chance to decide whether to believe A or C here.
    And that will give you a reason whether to continue your friendship with both of them or not.

If I were you, I would not continue my friendship with A in any case. Not because he lied or ill-talked about C. But because he entered into an EMA with a married woman, knowing that she choose to marry someone else over him. Clearly it shows C's heart is not with A, then why on earth A chose to have sex with C? If she is immoral, then what about A?

The friendship with C is highly depend on the information C shares with me. If she validates what A claims was true - perhaps her version, but the ground facts were true, then I would chose to silently leave her.

Because these friends would not add any value to your life.

sindmani, blindpup10 and minn1 like this.
  5. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

OP i would not immediately ditch friend C.But i would be on guard.

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Just becoz C didn't marry A doesn't mean that she is w---, b--- as he mentioned. That's cheap talk and rather shows that A cant take rejection . C didn't marry A inspite of affair . So she is above things is it. She didn't want to get married to A her decision so what. She had an ex marital affair with A doesn't mean she has to accept defeat and marry him as a consolation prize.Again she must have had 100 reasons. She chose not to marry him.

A seems to fly high in air that he is a catch and she shud have married him .Do ex marital affairs always have happy endings. Somebody is bound to get hurt. It may be all of them or one of them give or take. This time girl walked away for her own reasons and men got hurt. So what.

For some people its love, some people financial security, some job. What about majority of men who do it.I think there are many cases in family, friends circle where men have ditched a girlfriend or love sometime someplace.What shud they be called.

I think your friend escaped an abusive life by not marrying A.I wud not discuss such things with C. Its her life, her decisions. If she is a good friend to you continue with friendship. Don't discuss the loose talk A had with you with C.It will leave both of you with bad taste in mouth.Steer clear of A . Good Luck.

sindmani likes this.
  7. minn1

minn1 Silver IL'ite

what is EMa

KashmirFlower likes this.
  8. minn1

minn1 Silver IL'ite

oh sorry got it.A is wrong no doubt.But i wud be on guard reg C.But as said,u shd C know what is being said behind her back dont question her just inform her slowly and watch her reactions.anyway u shd know the truth about C

blindpup10 likes this.
  9. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Good that C didn't marry A. If he really cared about her (C) , at any moment of the friendship or even in EMA, he never talks about her like that.

Can you casually bring topic of A, to C, like how we three spent college days etc, if C wants to share anything, she will share. otherwise fine, you can carry on friendship.

As A is badmouthing, I would keep less interactions with A.

By the way who is B? oh it is You :grinning:

blindpup10 likes this.
  10. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,

Ignore A's words and no need to disclose his words to C.

Whether it's true or false, its just between them, its not going to harm you any way. Both are good friends to you, so maintain your friendship with them as usual. But do not bring A's topic infront of C and vice versa.

If A brings C's topic, then divert the topic and do not encourage him.

guesshoo and blindpup10 like this.