1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Four Week Old Baby Head Not Round Anymore!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by EagerForInfo, Aug 11, 2016.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@EagerForInfo- I see you are in the US. Some pediatricians let babies have uneven head until they are 6 months. Otherwise you can ask your pediatrician too for a helmet. One of my friend's son had to wear a headband from the age of 3 months coz the babies head was not round at all. I urge you to talk to your pediatrician very seriously.

momsky likes this.
  2. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Can u suggest some ideas on how to get her away from my baby. ? My husband is not supporting me at all. She is not even holding the baby right. She is holding the baby with one hand with no support for head after Inrepeatedly tell her not to. I told her about the thumbprints and she says some kids have it normally . The water she is suing for bath is hot too . But she can create a storm in the house but I'm practically crying inside for my baby's sake. Please give me ideas on how to keep her away.

She is leaving on October but I'm not sure I can even handle it till then and what will happen to the baby. Just in four weeks she did all this . But of course she is cooking and I am eating her food so I hate to say all these bad things but I am scared for the baby!

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...tell her she is already doing enough work in the kitchen so you will take over the the baby's work as you will have to manage after she leaves.
    Take husband to the doctor with you and ask the doctor about the head massage to change shape and the holding without neck support.

As for now......take charge of taking care of baby.Your baby is one month old...you also must be stronger .You massage the baby before she does .
    And after sometime ,you yourself give the baby a bath.
    Give her the baby only when either of you is there to watch over her.A one month baby needs neck and head support.
    Has she ever taken care of such a small child?
    May be her own children were taken care by her mom or mil.
    It doesn't look like she has any idea about how to take care of such a small child.

PhoenixAwoken likes this.
  4. PhoenixAwoken

PhoenixAwoken Bronze IL'ite

Show 'baby care (dos and donts) videos' to your husband and mil, number of times. Run them when she can see it(may be when h is at work)in your native language if she doesn't understand English.

How to hold/lift a 1 month old baby?
    How to bathe new born?
    How to check water temperature? Etc
    How dangerous is massage?
    Etc...
    Tell them your(any doctors?) friends forwarded those and that they follow those guidelines

Tell her some baby got serious complications due to head massage, holding without neck support etc. Talk in stories, like gossip.
    If you have a doctor friend/ relative , tell the doc about your issue and ask their help .. let them speak casually to your mil..

very annoying for a new mother.
    Why don't folks understand and let the mom decide how baby should be handled?

5. PhoenixAwoken

PhoenixAwoken Bronze IL'ite

In front of her, follow the video instructions, lift the baby carefully and tell her smiling ' look ma, I managed to lift her properly, now on I'll be doing like this only, with proper support'....
    If babies get injured, in USA , family members will be taken to jail ...etc
    And just smile

6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Thank u for ur understanding replies and suggestions! (If anyone comes across some useful videos please forward to me so it'll save me some time. .. I will look too )

7. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Yes I heard about this but can't find it. It's hard to make it since my sewing skills are not great and it will take forever to make. I bought the Mimo pillow but would love to have the mustard seed pillow too. If someone can help me get it that would be great !

8. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I mean can anyone help me find a mustard seed pillow please ?

9. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Help ! Like I said before my mother in law managed to make my baby's head odd shaped with a dent on each side of his head. Now I am not even letting her come to my house. She wants to come to our new house desperately. O don't know if she made my husband do it or she put a hex or what but my husband hit me soo bad that I too now have same dents on both sides of my head and now she says oh you have the dents. Your baby got it from you ! How did she do that !??? This is the first time in 7 years that my husband hit me so please don't file a police case. Just curious... does she know magic or what !

10. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

Hi dont worry.. baby's head shape will be alright soon.. I think Ur Mother in law is not gentle enough to hold the baby.. She must have experience handling the baby but still some people are bit harsh on handling baby's even though they have very good experience...she must be putting too much pressure or holding little tight when handling the baby.. For this problem u can try using Indian style cradle using cotton saree or cloth.. this will help the baby ... If nothing helps as other IL friends suggested consult doctor .. if ur doctor is not helpful try changing ur doctor..

One more thing You have stated that she is using hot water for baby bath.. Actually in India in olden days people used to bath new born with hot water to make baby more strong and it helps baby to sleep well i guess im not sure if its just a myth but i have heard some people to use hot water for baby bath..But now days no one prefers to use hot water..

It all ur wish , because only MOM knows best to handle their kid..