1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Violent Behaviour Of Dh

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lssony, Aug 23, 2016.

1. lssony

lssony Junior IL'ite

Hi Ilites,

It's been 2 months my daughter is born, she is such a cutie pie. I forget all the sadness by seeing her face.

You will get to know about my past issues in my previous threads, Coming to the issue, my dh still continues his violent behaviour, he completely got addicted to alcohol. He drinks call me again n again, he had sent abusive messages to my uncles threatening he will come to their house and will kill them. This happened on sunday, after seeing this bearing all his attitudes from last 2 years I only hate him. I don't want to see his face, he abuses my mom too. He is asking me to bring money. I took him to psychiatrist last month, he is ok for couple of weeks but still he is the same.

My uncle says to be patient for couple of months, even one of DH's relative asked me to give sometime so he will make dh to change, which I believe will not happen.

It's been 2 years I did not spend enough time with mom. My mom doesnt know about recent incident, if she comes to know it will be a big drama again. My mom is scared that dh will come drunk and may create a scene in apt.

Right now my maternity leave is going to complete, my baby is still 2 months, mine is night shift, mom cannot come to my home because of dh abusive behaviour. I am very scared to resign, but cannot think of leaving my baby to someone, even mil has to take care of her mil.

1)Frankly, I don't want to live with dh
    2) should I stay with dh until I get settled in a good paying job
    3) should I resign job to take care of baby n look for another later, but I am scared of being dependent on dh.

Pls ladies help me.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...Congratulations for your little angel !!!
    Stay with your mom .Collect all proof of his violence and his demands for money.
    Now you have a daughter.You have to become stronger and less emotional.
    Think about your daughter.
    What kind of a father is this guy going to be?

sindmani, dc24, NeetaR and 2 others like this.
  3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Please don't leave your job, call your mom to look after baby when you go to work and take apartment on rent close to your work place. Search for another job too (close to your mom's place and good pay as you mentioned), till you get another, don't leave current job,

sindmani and dc24 like this.
  4. Rajshri99

Rajshri99 New IL'ite

let ur uncle make a complaint to local law enforcement , once ur dh sees the cops he will be alright.

sindmani likes this.
  5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, Run !!. Go and stay with your mom. Your hubby will never change. If he didn't become responsible being a father, he never will. He is looking for next drink from you.Cut him off and go live with your mom. Taking oath and all is fine for strong minded people. Not for people like your hubby who are not concerned about anything but drinking and drinking.

Right now go with your mom and stay separate. People who tell you to give one more chance are not living with your hubby. He needs to be cut off cold turkey. If he sees light fine otherwise you and your daughter are better off by yourself.

Instead of waiting for miracle to change your hubby, do something yourself. Pack your bags go with your mom. Don't come into promises and come back. Be firm and instead look for better jobs in MNC's. Your daughter will only increase expenses. Instead of trying to reform a grown man , concentrate on your kid and yourself. Start looking for better jobs in good companies and interview like crazy. Your life will be much better and calm. Stop thinking how to reform a marriage which only you are in and concentrate on things you can change.Good Luck.

6. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Your husband is assh*le.He is not going to change.Dont leave job.Leave your place and shift with your mother.

yellowmango and dc24 like this.
  7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations on your baby. And huge hugs to you.

Listen, my dear. Don't count on hin changing. You need to go to the police. Go to the women's cell and complain about his abuse and harassment. The laws for protecting people in your vulnerable state can only be effective if you make use of it.

Please do not go back to him. Even if you have to go back to that town for work, get a separate accommodation. Or find a job near your mum's place. That would be better.

Right now just enjoy the time with your baby. You don't want to go back to him. That is half the battle won.

No. Staying with someone that volatile even for a day is dangerous. So please don't go back to him.

You will need a job. Stay with you mum and find one. I hope your relatives can see what a harrowing time youve had and can support you until you establish yourself. Take care. Xx

sindmani and yellowmango like this.
  8. Sweety30

Sweety30 Senior IL'ite

Please don't leave your job at any cost!!! Financial independence is the first step to take any decision. Take a rental apt close to your work place / try and extend your maternity leave and use this time to look for another job close to you. Do you and mom live in different cities? If it is same city, even if it is difficult, commute from your mom's place for some time. Let your husband realize what he misses, your daughter is better off away from an alcoholic father.

9. lssony

lssony Junior IL'ite

Thankyou ladies for your precious time and valuable advices.

Today morning again he barked at me saying that FIL shouldn't come to my home (he is coming to drop me, as I can't manage alone with baby for 5 hrs)
    Started abusing my mom again . I had enough gave back that I am not going to. Listen anymore abuses of my mom. I decided to leave on Sunday to my moms house, but I am very wcared of being here till that time as tomorrow is weekend. I am vexed of my husband behaviour, he will never ever change.

Only thing I am scared is, he has grudge against my mom n promised to kill her, I hate him to the core, n don't want to see his face

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You are right ,he will not.He doesn't even realize he is wrong....he is not ready to accept he is wrong.He is a hopeless case.

You have to inform the police.This is serious.Take some relative with you after discussing the threat with them.

NeetaR, sindmani and guesshoo like this.