Back Pain Im In 4th Month Of Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by happygirl, Aug 22, 2016.

1. happygirl

happygirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I'm currently in my 14 weeks around. Everything is fine with the scans. But the problem is sometimes iam facing mild to severe back pain. This is my second pregnancy. My first child was through emergency Csection. Does it is causing backpain?. My gynaec just brushing it aside. Last time when i went the clinic was very rush as im having hi blood pressure she prescribed some tests and said i will check with your back pain later. She got some call and went away.

Now i have to wait for more than 3weeks to meet gynaec. Ladies is it normal to have back pain in this early stage. Anybody had this problem please help me to cope up. I heard in later stage of pregnancy we will face backpain. My dh is giving some massage. But it is helping temporarily only. Please friends help me out. Is it normal and how to cope up.

2. happygirl

happygirl Bronze IL'ite

Pls friends im requesting can anybody give some suggestions

3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

so sorry to haer about the pain. I have no idea but iam tagging persons who might help you
    @teejay @Agony @Vasumathy

wish you happy and safe months ahead !

happygirl likes this.
  4. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the tag @ashima10 .

OP,
    Back pain during early pregnancy is not unheard of. Though ,I have to agree that it's more common during the later stages of gestation. Like you mentioned, it could be your history of c section or just because of the changes your body is going through.Your gynec will be the best person to judge.
    My tip: Fill your bath tub with warm water and lie in it for some time( . that might help. you can also try warm packs in your lower back. wish you a safe pregnancy!

happygirl likes this.
  5. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

@ashima10 thanks for the tag !

Hello OP!

I too have the same problem. I also started having a backache around the same time. Doctor says it's because of the growing uterus and the stretch on the support of the uterus.
    Are u taking calcium ?
    Just check if ur calcium has vitamin D in it,
    If not I was given vitamin D3 60k IU satchets weekly for 6 weeks. Felt better though not completely relieved.
    Other things u could do is applying a balm or painkiller spray.
    Don't get up with a jerk, get up slowly by turning on to ur sides first.
    Also lie down on ur side. Preferably left side , they say it increases circulation to the baby ..
    All the best :)

happygirl and Shri211 like this.
  6. happygirl

happygirl Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much teejay and agony

teejay likes this.
  7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Back pain comes with imbalance of the weight distribution all along the body. As pregnancy progresses tummy grows and weight increases in that area and back bone find its hard to bring to the normal equilibrium. That's what is causing back pain. Mostly lower back getting the effects of it.
    Remedies, I'm not expert of it. Still.. Try to lye down on your sides, support your back well during sleep and during sitting postures. Rest whenever you could.
    I'm one person who get back pain even with few kg of weight gain even without pregnancy. I had c section with last pregnancy and now growing second one. May be I'm also in your state. Running behind toddler gives your body additional stress. Rest and stretch exercises are better remedy for me.

Agony likes this.