1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Do U Do When Ur Frend Start Ignoring U For No Reason

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by kettie, Aug 22, 2016.

1. kettie

kettie Senior IL'ite

We have been good friends from past few months..let me call her "X". We had good chemistry... she talks a lot.. and I listen alot! Both of us have kids who go on very well together with each other.. and everything was fine.

Then came another friend "Y" of mine and joined us..For few months, everything went well. She likes me more than her although I give equal response to both of them.

Now, I am noticing from past few weeks that this friend "X" is ignoring me... I asked the reason but she said nothing.. I talk to her casually but she gives me "I hate u" look.. sometimes i just run after her to talk to her but all in vain... What did i do? I don't know.
    She talks to others nicely in front of me purposely..
    I dont think good friends should be like that... U should speak clearly if u didn't like anything..

Thats not my fault if somebody likes me more than she likes u..

I've tried my level best to convince her.. now if she doesnt want to be my friend.. then go to hell.
    You cannot please everyone in this world.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You have asked, which was the right thing, but she seems to have perceived some insult. Unless she chooses to let you know what's bothering her, you shouldn't lose sleep over it.

Perhaps you can call her out, and talk to her privately in person one last time and pleasantly say, "I notice you seem to be cross with me for some reason. I don't recall having done anything to offend you. I just want to let you know that if you wish to discuss it with me, I'm available." If she still remains childish, ignore her. Any sensible adult ought to evaluate a friendship with another based on how they get along and not based on who else they are friends with. I'd she is childish enough to hold a school girl sort of grudge against you for daring to have another friend, it's time to write her off.

sindmani, vaidehi71 and kettie like this.
  3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Back off for sometime.if she comes around its fine.otherwise leave it.
    Just remember in this age and era very few friendships are permanent.

vaidehi71 and kettie like this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Frankly speaking, I have lost trust in this thing called friendship.
    Except for one good friend - who is more like my bro; thus we often fight, yet feel the closeness., the others are just acquaintance to me. They are great for a season, for a reason. But nothing is permanent.
    Knowing this helps me a lot these days.

People change. Even blood relatives change.
    Accept these changes and move on.

I have come across such issues in the past. All I do is, ignore as if nothing has happened.
    The one who realizes your value in their life will come back. The others are probably not realized your worth.

sindmani and kettie like this.
  5. kettie

kettie Senior IL'ite

Completely agreed!! Its so difficult to find a single good friend in today's era....
    Most of them get connected because they of their own advantage.. and then just leave... Then they start hunting for more in others...

I did my part of asking her.. now no more of it!