1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Library

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Aug 11, 2016.

1. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Daisy,

Another lovely episode and I was reminiscing about my past, sure everyone who reads this would be doing so. Well, I too was thinking of a close friend who was with me at that time, the first one who was to know about my alliance and the one who had been really happy for it. Well, really nostalgic thoughts, when I read this episode.

Thanks and keep going.
    Vaidehi

daisy2015 likes this.
  2. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

As I mentioned earlier, I like the way you are story developing the story. There is no 'His eyes penetrated into my eyes and my heart came out./ She could'nt stand as her knees melted when their eyes met. etc ....

Good going. Waiting for the contents of the latest letter served with coffee.:grinning:

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Daisy
    Nice to see you back with another story. As usual full of suspense. Looks like MP is a ghost in the library.... Hehe

vaidehi71 likes this.
  4. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Daisy very interesting episodes ... Very curious to Know more about this pen friend.....

5. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you vaidehi

6. daisy2015

Thank you anupama for taking time and giving feedback. i am glad to know that you liked it.

7. daisy2015

Hello friend. It's been a long time since i saw a message from you. Thank you for taking time and giving feedback.

8. daisy2015

thank you deepu for being with me from the start and giving your valuable FB.

9. daisy2015

Part 8

You know how curious I become whenever I receive her letter. I immediately opened it to read.

Dear MG,

Can we meet in person if you don’t mind? I hope you will come. Venue: Today. Coffee day at 5.30 PM sharp.

MP.

That was all. I was happy that she wants to meet me because even I felt that we have become good friends in this short time and can trust each other enough to meet face to face and change from library friends to real friends.

I went home, got ready and told my mom that I am going out to meet my friend. By the time I left home and started walking towards coffee day store it was 4.30. I was bubbling inside. I couldn’t stay at home any longer. I thought I can wait for her in the shop. At first I thought I will go by auto but the climate was cool and the view was soothing. That is the reason why I have decided to go there by walk. Besides I had one hour to kill. By the time I reached there it was 5. I went inside and took the table beside the glass wall and told the waiter that I am waiting for a friend and would order after she comes.

She left a glass of water and left with a smile and a nod. I kept looking at the others who were there. Some were with their friends, some with their family. While I was thus scanning through the groups I saw Prithvi. He was in a deep conversation with a man. He didn’t notice me and I took this chance to observe him. After that meeting at our home I didn’t talk to him or see him again. From our previous conversation I was sure that he is the one for me. How do I know that? I just do.

I glanced at the wall clock. It was 5.15 already. She would be here soon. I kept looking out and guessing.

Hi.

I can recognize his voice anywhere. I turned with a smile on my face and said hi. He sat opposite to me and we started talking to each other. I forgot about the reason why I went there. I was happy to be with him. After some time he got up and giving a gift-wrapped pack told me that he was coming to meet me after his official meeting was over, to give me this gift which he brought along with him the first time he came home to see me and forgot all about it the moment he laid his eyes on me. I was jumping up and down with happiness (not literally but inside my heart). He likes me too. I was glad to know this. He bid goodbye and left. I wanted to share this happy news with my friend. I turned to look at the clock and it was 6.30. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Time just flew by. I waited for another 20 minutes and then took taxi. I didn’t want to cause any tension to my parents.

Today is our first marriage anniversary. I invited all our friends and family for the surprise party that I planned for my dear hubby Prithvi. Yes, we got married within one month after that meeting in coffee day. While I was taking out my dress for the party the last letter I received from my library friend fell down. I kept it with me all this time. I went and sat on the bed and went through it one more time.

Dear MG,

I fell in love with you the first time I saw you. Many times I wanted to come and tell you this but couldn’t gather enough courage. I was scared. What if you reject me? I couldn’t bear that thought. That is the reason why I stayed anonymous. Will you accept my love and marry me?

MP.

I was lost in thoughts when the phone rang. It was from Prithvi. “All meetings are completed and I want to spend the rest of the day with you. I am coming home in one hour.” I wanted to stop him as there were few more arrangements to be made but there is nothing in this world that I want more than spending time with my hubby. I said ok and spent the next few minutes making calls to all my friends about change of plans and venue and with the help of some friends, made arrangements for the party at a cozy café instead of our home.

After one hour Prithvi came home just like he said and didn’t leave my side even for one second. My heart was filled with happiness and eyes with tears for my luck. “Shall we go out for a walk?” I said. He agreed immediately. We kept walking towards that café hand in hand. When we reached there I took him inside saying that I want to have some coffee. He said yes like always. We never disagreed about anything till now and I wish this remains the same till the end of my life.

The moment we entered all our family and friends were there eager and ready.

”Surprise”. They all shouted in unison. The expression on his face was priceless. He turned to me and said, “You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Had you not accepted my love, I would have lost the will to live. Thank you for everything. I love you MG.”

10. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Daisy - The story is very nice .. is it the end?
    or are you going to continue.

somehow reading this episode i felt may be its a real story...it is lovely ...