1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When Parenting Drifts Us Apart

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by priyabaghel, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Nice write up.
    True to a lot of extent, but I feel kids make a relationship much stronger, from personal experience.
    Views differ but in the end as you told the ultimate aim is for the sake of kids benefit. Surely sacrifices had to be made by the couple for that, but that is how life is going to be. As long as the couple have a mutual understanding, everything should be fine.
    Thanks.

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I know this is old post. This is so much of my story. While I was reading this, I was confused and I went up to see poster's name to make sure its not me and ofcourse, I do not have fabulous writing skills .

We have same issues going on for 2 yrs now and we have no alignment on anything. There is nothing common in us. We do not like talking to each other. I have been going though so much stress lately because of job and all that. I talk to him and most of the times, I find out he is not even listening. Not that I talk a lot or call him a lot. What hurts me more is that I am away from my family and can not go easily. All this is doing negative on me and what I want to be go farther away and blame our separate backgrounds and cultures for all this differences and swear not to let my sister or kid do that in future. :-(

priyabaghel likes this.