You Like Audio, Video Or Text When Reading New Material?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Rihana, Aug 21, 2016.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

mostly all technical Details

Rihana likes this.
  2. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Ha...here comes the first assignment from our new moderator.
    I am someone who watches tv with CC (closed captions). So I need the text and audio.

Only text - I would never be able to figure out how to pronounce the words (I still fluff on correct pronunciation of hors d'oeuvre)
    Only audio - The Frenchies love to drop their "E"s and other ungainly rump of their words. How on earth would I know how to spell the word if there is no accompanying audio.

Multimedia is the way to go! I am happy that these days there are several browser plug-ins, moreover, a lot of web sites are freighted with built-in audio tools to enable audio on demand while browsing text. I usually read the text and highlight the part that I want to be read out (for pronunciation).

I think this query was on learning aptitude rather than learning convenience, which methodology is more productive in terms of comprehension. To that inferred context, my vote goes to video. When I watch an animated explainer, it helps me to understand the concept more thoroughly than dry reading or tinny listening.

How did I score in my first assignment?

kaniths likes this.