If God Exists, Why Isn't It Obvious?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 27, 2016.

Where do your stand on the belief spectrum?

1. Devout believer

2. Believer with some doubts

3. Agnostic (don't know)

4. Leaning towards atheism

5. Atheist

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

there is nothing to argue about. awareness is more important by exchanging views.

leaning towards a belief system, the choices are personal.

2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

We see the world through the lens of all our experiences; that is a fundamental part of the human condition.-Madeleine M kunin
    I do not believe in one size fits all...every one has a different journey and I hope the meaning and beauty of life is realized no matter which path you take.
    Good thread @Gauri03. Adios until the next one!

3. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Where is my darling Nietzsche in that list? Kitte? :grazy:
    You think you can drop that walrus-handlebar moustache and expect my hair to not spike like a porcupine.
    Nietzsche, please, Nietzsche.

kaniths likes this.
  4. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sachi...I got answers from your above post......

Sairindhri and satchitananda like this.
  5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

[QUOTE="

What god is that who relies on blind faith to be worshiped? Is he afraid of reason? He can't stand logical scrutiny so he hides behind faith? The argument works both ways.

If a doctor told you, trust me but refused to prove he went to medical school, would you go to him? You place an even bigger trust in your god, yet you are willing to turn a blind eye to reason?

.[/QUOTE]

6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

[/QUOTE]

When did God ever said he is relying on us. It we humans who complicates simple things and create ruckus later on. I never heard of any God personal asking me to worship him/her.
    Its my faith ...it my choice. I dnt find it justified enough that i curse/dsibelive him when things dnt turn in my favor and praise him when it does.

off course there are usual altercations just like we do with our parents. I also see here making fun of bilivers...i might have also done that on lighter note. BUt when i seriously think of it the argument should be why they are non believers....if they are good human, have no guilt in heart its fine. why do need to convert and do ghar vapasi for anyone here.

Those who believe will believe no matter what logical scientific facts we come up with ( honestly speakings science dsnt have all answers ) and those who dnt shouldn't...why so frustration about god not saving this and this...in fact sometimes i have seen bad persons who dst care about anyone flourish more than the good persons...i pains my heart..but who are we to decide. if God isnt who are we.

Religion was the law when there was no law...it we the highest creation of civilization ( believers ) or evolutionist homo sapiens who when matter given in hands have messed it up.

i feel sad when i hear rapes , loots and dirty politicians doing ugly stuffs but then i also hear stuff such has after relief camps, the humanity shown after taj attak, the staff bravery shown in thse attack, our Security forces at borders...and it makes me pray more for good stuff. and also for cursing a bad person to hell i pray.

I dont know what atheist do except blaming ....please tell me what you do in such situations....what you think....

as far iam concerned i need God, i am selfish.

Sairindhri and Lathasv like this.
  7. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

I am a firm believer of God. It's my personal belief & opinion, Generally I am not interested in discussing about matters related to God or religion, because it's the beliefs of individuals.

IMO God means discipline, humanity, treating other human beings with respect and being good.

God gives us teaching in the form of good & bad experiences. We question the existence of God only when we face tough time & bad experiences in life. I have never seen people questioning the existence of God when they experience success and good time in life (Atleast most of the people). There are some who convey thanks to God for their blessings.

Coming to Karma & bad time - generally we give small punishments to our kids when they do not behave properly and skip their homework or misbehave. The punishments are only with an intention to give them a learning and to give them a good future by teaching good discipline and to show them a good path. Why can't parents just leave their kids without scolding them or punishing them even though the kids misbehave? A kid can feel going to school & doing home work is a bad time and punishment for them :) . But as parents we feel that is good for their future.

Same way God also gives us some bad experiences (call it Karma or whatever) to show us the value & importance of good time and to make us more humble. Also it's a teaching for us to amend our ways.

IMO a good example for God's existence - Valmiki who was a hunter / robber turned into a Maharishi, who wrote Ramayana and Yoga Vasishta. Hunter & Maharishi both are two completely opposite personalities/lifestyles. Initially he was just a hunter. He turns as a robber when he finds it impossible to feed his growing family. So he also faced bad time in life. Only after facing a tough time he got a teaching from Narada, and after learning a good lesson for life from the family members, he turned into a great person. The bad time was a lesson/teaching from God which later made him a great soul.

There is a big power and logic which is beyond our imagination.

jskls, Sairindhri and ashima10 like this.
  8. Pickle

Pickle Silver IL'ite

I remember a quote, not the exact phrase though.

No desire in imaginary heaven or hell. What I see with this eyes, What my senses may capture, Are all I accept. My universe is stuffed with material and enchanted reality. Matter alone is real.

If I may bow, I shall to the 4 natural elements (as apposed to vedic 5) - Sun, Fire, Air and Earth. They help nourishment of life. They are not invisible.

Sairindhri and jskls like this.
  9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

End of this discussion! :yum:

10. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

1. You may need God
    or
    2. You may decide you dont need God

But - God doesn't need you to believe or not believe. That's for you to realize whichever way.
    /QED