1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Training To Circumbulate Around Mount Kailash

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by ChennaiExpress, Jul 2, 2016.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

What training / exercise is required to Circumbulate around Mount Kailash in one day (52km or 32 miles)

It would be awesome if i can walk by foot around Lord Shiva's abode in a day.

People believe if you walk 108 times you attain moksha.

Me, I wish to have awesome my experience of walking around just once.

Mount Kailash Trek Tours & Guide

type2 likes this.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'd love to go on this Kailash yaatra as well. Someone I know did it in her 60s so it's definitely do able. You need to train like you are training for a high altitude marathon though. It's best you train with a friend and travel with a group visiting from the U.S. If you are serious, hire a trainer who trains people for high altitude running and get trained. If possible do all your training outdoors in the winter months and by spring you'll be ready for this!

Good luck!

type2 and ChennaiExpress like this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I would love to train outdoors!!! So far, I do Surya Namaskar (up to 69) and some weights. But wow, yeah, I bet training outdoors would be a different, and wonderful experience.

I see videos of people going for Kailash yatra and they look so happy.

Laks09 and type2 like this.