If God Exists, Why Isn't It Obvious?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 27, 2016.

Where do your stand on the belief spectrum?

1. Devout believer

2. Believer with some doubts

3. Agnostic (don't know)

4. Leaning towards atheism

5. Atheist

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

possible - yes food for thought is what is important - keeping the thread on top :)

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

3. Pickle

Pickle Silver IL'ite

Empty truths, blind faiths, falsified meanings of sacred texts (Quran / Bible), fake gurus and senseless rituals. Some condemn worthy too. In parts of India, where I belong, God and Religion are inseparable, seen mutually inclusive. I chose to free myself from the two holds of the handcuff (god and religion) and quit both. The world is STILL the same. His presence is irrelevant to our existence.

Rihana, GoogleGlass and Gauri03 like this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

What about when the creations are not allowed to use brain and survival instinct...like a new born child being killed by it's own family,a child being assaulted by grown people.Why no intervention then?

Gauri03 likes this.
  5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

My statement was primarily about adult or semi-adult humans. Not helpless newborns with very little instinctual behavior inbuilt except for basic bodily functions.

All of life on earth, from the invisible to the most visible life forms, thrive on the concept of survival of the fittest.
    Even among babies only the fittest survive infancy and are worthy of reproduction to re-populate the earth.

Edit - As I think about it - I'm not sure if your question was - If god exists, why doesn't he make his presence felt in the face of gross injustice done to helpless victims like babies.
    If that's the question, I think my response is as follows - I frankly dont think there is an omni-present, omniscient, all powerful central entity whose job is to defend the powerless and prevent injustice by the "bad" against the "good". I am more inclined to believe that the only powerful entity on earth is the natural order of life, and evolution which is "life" doing its best to survive, thrive against all odds. In the grand scheme of things, the births or deaths of babies or helpless victims doesn't matter.

And who is to know if the death of the baby is going to save the human race or kill it ? A bit like the question "Would you kill baby hitler?". Who determines if the death of the human race is the best or worst thing to happen to planet earth ? The extinction of the dinosaurs was bad news only for the dinosaurs and any life forms dependent on them. Life on earth continued to go on - albeit in different forms. So too, the attack of helpless babies and victims is bad news for the baby, for sure. if such actions will help or harm the human race or any life form on earth - the answer to that question is "it depends" and mostly "it doesn't matter - because all "Life" (the all powerful creative force on earth) is concerned with is that it carries on through the fittest possible carrier for life"

So, to get back to the original question - there is no god, there is only "life" which is determined to survive through any means necessary.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Even a mortal modji intervenes here just in time to stop K.... Guess God is busy trolling himself making humans to believe I guess? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #whatever!

7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Didn't stop you from writing one of your insightful responses. Just go easy with the memes and hashtags! : )

It's been a great discussion that has maintained its civilized tone past page 22!! Let's keep it that way.

8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I couldn't help it! Told ya, the best way to deal.......! :)

9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Ouch! :D

6a00c225280961549d00fae8e2eb93000b.jpg

Srama and Gauri03 like this.
  10. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Amen, to that ! :) A curious thing I've noticed the past few days - a few of the posts on the "married life" thread now start or end with the OP saying "no judgements or name calling, please". Interesting... I wonder why.:expressionless: (sarcasm)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Sairindhri likes this.