1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ways Of The World Part 4

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sindmani, Jun 16, 2016.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Sunitha was happy. Her parents took her along with them . she felt relieved. After coming home, she was very happy to be with her parents. Here no one will judge her or taunt her at the back. She has the freedom to call her friends to meet her. She did that first. Her close friends who were also I. Chennai , some married and some single , came to see her. She was very happy . her mil calls her every day to check if she ate her food and medicines properly or not her fil too , who doesn't talk to her much, talks to her now. They miss her a lot . Kishore calls her every day. He too misses her

2. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

One fine day Sunitha told her mom," Amma , life after marriage is not so easy ma, we women compromise a lot. Still no one understands us. Not even husband. How much ever we shower love and affection on in-laws, husband, sister in law or her children, they just take us for granted." She also told some examples of how her mom in law has a double face, though her sister in law is good to her at face value, she had to take Prema ranganath's plate after her completing her tiffin, as per her mom in law's wish.Prema too approved of it. Yes it is good to take guest's plate, but some where in heart she feels low. Prema usually comes every week end. She can lie on bed for the whole day. But even if she didn't sleep the whole night due to vomiting she can't sleep after6. 30 in the morning. Since her mom in law feels bad for her taking rest due to pregnancy , she would help around . She couldn't even watch a channel of her choice. She has never gone out alone with her husband except in her honeymoon. Whole family along with Prema's family goes for movies , lunch, Temple etc. Prema has all rights to visit her mom's home. Where she was denied to visit her parents. Though she did adjust with the family so well, she silently longs for them to understand her affection for them.

let's see what her mom advices her

sreeram and Rampuri9 like this.
  4. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Poor girl.... good going Sindhu.

sindmani likes this.
  5. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

great going. really curious to see what her mom advises.

sindmani likes this.
  6. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Sindmani pls update new episode pls...

sindmani likes this.
  7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Sunitha 's mom heard her patiently. She told her that she was proud of Sunitha for adjusting to all this. She asked Sunitha to take things lightly. Next she should be kind to them but be assertive at the same time. She can voice out her opinion, her likes and dislikes, her wishes to her husband in a way he understands and also she should learn to say No to her in-laws in a kind way. Art of living is what she should follow. Being submissive won't work. We need to be diplomatically straight forward. So it has to be learnt. It is an art. Her in-laws need to know that this is what can be expected from her. She needs to know how to stand up for herself. So, that's the mantra. She can start with coming every fortnight Saturday or Sunday to her mom's home. Going out with her husband on either Saturday or Sunday , at least to a nearby temple

8. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

good going sindmani

sindmani likes this.
  9. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Nice story @sindmani , You have narrated the reality of women's after marrying to the sweet tongue MIL's family.Sad but true.

sindmani likes this.
  10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

This happened in my life.But I had to go through more problems. It is just a few months of my life. Later due to my passive nature, they took me for granted. Any ways iam going to end this story in a positive note. I had the same questions Sunitha asked in my mind. I asked myself more. When I talked about such questions to mom , she says , time will change and ur in-laws will understand u. But it never happened. Ironically it went worse.now iam immune to all the negative behavior