1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Age Miracle Creams,which Brand Works And Your Reviews Please

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by swaran, Apr 14, 2016.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies

How good are these Age Miracle creams?

There are way too many brands in the market and its difficult to understand which works and which would suit us

Do you really feel it works?..does it reallly make you look young?

Please pour in your reviews about the brands,pros and cons
    Please include the approximate rate of these products as well

I am hearing about Amway's youth xtend creams but the rates are pretty high..like 3K+..is that really of use?...any inputs?

Looking forward for your replies

Thanks in Advance

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies
    sTill waiting for your inputs

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'm not familiar with Indian anti-aging products, but you can make an informed choice if you know what you are looking for. First and foremost, use a sunscreen. If I were allowed to use only one anti-aging product, I would choose a sunscreen.

Beyond that, there are three key ingredients that are proven to help prevent the aging of skin and improving its appearance.

Vitamin C - Removes the effects of oxidation; Treats blemishes, scarring and dullness.
    Niacinamide - Improves brightness and adds glow.
    Vitamin A - This is the anti-aging holy grail. It is the only product that has been shown to reverse signs of aging (to a limited extent). Helps erase fine lines and shallow wrinkles, improves skin texture, and helps increase collagen production (improve skin elasticity).

When you buy an anti-aging cream look for these ingredients. Vitamin A is commonly available in derivative forms called retinol or retinaldehyde or retinal palmitate. If the cream contains anyone of these, it should be a good preventative anti-aging product. You can do some research online and see which brands contain higher percentages of these ingredients. Always, always use a sunscreen.

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Thanks fr the input Gauri

I am regularly using sunscreen whenever I go out
    Will chck for the ingredients that you have mentioned
    Thanks again

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,please pour in your reviews

6. previ

previ Senior IL'ite

I frankly don't know whether anti-ageing creams work or not. I have used just 3 and I'll tell you my experience with them. My skin is combination and I live in a place in India which has dry climate and my age is 35+.

1) Ponds age miracle - Good for winters where I live. In summers, makes my skin oily. Has some weird shimmer in it that I hate. The serum however is good (cost is 1k+) and I like using it as a night cream in summers.
    2) Olay Total effects - Again good for winters and makes my skin oily in summers. Cost approx 650.
    3) Lotus herbals Rx - The best of the lot right now. Suited my skin in summers, not used in winter yet. Has highest spf out of the 3 (spf 25 though that's considered less). Cost approx 550.

Some background. I work in an AC environment for almost 10 hrs a day. My exposure to sun is limited to probably just mornings when I travel to work. I agree with the above poster that usage of sunscreen is must and that provides the best anti-ageing. Talk to a dermat and he/she will be able to suggest the best anti-ageing solution especially if you plan to go for retinol. You also get Vit C capsules that you can apply on the face but I haven't used those.

Over and above this have a good healthy diet. Drink loads of fluids, include fruits and salads in your diet.

masha6125 likes this.
  7. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

I think genes play the biggest part in whether or not your skin ages well or badly. Look at your parents & close aunts & uncles. Asians usually have better skin in old age. My mum (Chinese) passed away in her 90s and she had a few lines around her eyes, no wrinkles on her forehead or her neck - I hope I follow her! I use Monsia Skincare and before bed I use the intense night repair cream - this is how Monsia describe it "Emu Oil is well known for its antiviral and antibacterial properties while glycerin fights the effects of skin diseases, such as psoriasis and eczema, while keeping skin hydrated and looking soft and supple. The healing ability of Aloe Vera reduces and eliminates blemishes, acne scars, fine lines, and dark spots" so far it is definitely keeping my skin beautifully hydrated and during the winter I also applied vit E oil especially to my neck, forehead and around my eyes.

Nonya likes this.
  8. cari

cari New IL'ite

I actually don't use a specific "anti-aging miracle cream," because I find them to be all marketing--too expensive and not effective enough. I found a moisturizer from a Japanese line called Yu-Be that is very gentle but very effective--it keeps your skin extremely soft, smooth and springy, which has led to a noticeable difference in lines on my face and hands.

Lin1321 likes this.
  9. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

What I use (Monsia Skincare) was recommended to me as a good skincare product, not an "anti-aging miracle cream" and I agree with you, try and then choose the one that in your opinion suits your skin the best. Never heard of Yu-Be, but will definitely Google it, thanks for sharing.

10. ludhiyaparker

ludhiyaparker New IL'ite

Here are some Anti-Ageing Foods.
    Avocados
    Blueberries
    Grapes
    Low Fat Yogurt
    Barley
    Watermelon
    Flax Seeds
    Salmon
    Oysters
    These foods have anti-ageing properties which helps you to be healthy as well as young. You can incorporate these foods in your daily diet to enjoy young looking life.

Source: http://www.beautyepic.com/anti-ageing-foods/

KashmirFlower likes this.