1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Take Life As It Is :)

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by KVSiva, Jul 29, 2016.

1. KVSiva

KVSiva Silver IL'ite

Dear All,
    Its a long time, i was thinking to write. And got motivated from new authors here.
    I am so comfortable in posting my first story here.
    Please provide your feedback to improve my writing.

Episode 1

Part 1

Uma was smiling looking at the tree outside the window. She was returning from her college to home.

She has got her final year MBBS results and she was desperate to inform her parents.

"How many time I have tried reaching Appa. I cant hold my patience to inform Appa about the results.

Why is he not picking the call. If Appa is busy, Somu uncle will atleast pick the call na”

Somu is Uma's dad colleague.

"How much Appa will be feeling happy when I complete my degree", Uma was thinking in her mind.

"Let it be. I want to see the happiness in Appa face rather than feel over phone. Good only Somu uncle didnt pick up the call"

She was imagining how her dad will express his happiness.

"Amma you made it. You made me pride. Now I will say that I am proud father of a Doctor"

(Kumar never call Uma by her name as she was named after his mom)

She was remembering how much her dad suffered to give her education starting from her schooling till her degree.

"Kumar why do you want to suffer like this for providing education to your daughter. She is anyhow going to another family"

This is the statement Kumar used to hear from everyone. He is an electrician and there are days when he wont get any work.

Kumar always give a smile as his response. He doesnt like to waste his time in explaining them.

Uma was thinking what her relative and family friends usually comment on their life.

"Should start to earn soon and should make all the people who talk to keep quiet and respect us.

Should start preparing for MD entrance exam too. I should trigger my discussion with Siddiq again regarding the preparation"

Siddiq is Uma's wellwisher. He is her senior in her college.

Uma started to think about her first day in her college.

She was asked to react when someone proposed her. She was scared to the core as she never talked with boys.

The only few men in her life is her dad, her uncle and Karthik (her cousin).

Infact with Somu uncle also she speak whenever she has to communicate something to her dad whenever Kumar is at his workplace and if he didn't pick up the call.

It was Siddiq who came as rescuer for her. He just convinced his friends and thats how their friendship blossom.

Slowly Uma started smiling at him and slowly she started feeling comfortable in discussing about studies.

Siddiq is too good in his studies. And he is a charming guy with whom most of the girls wants to have friendship.

But Uma become his friend without any difficulty. So it became a matter of jealous for others and she could make friends.

Divya is the only one who never care about guys and hence they both become friends soon.

People in Uma's class used to talk at her back about her relationship with Siddiq.

There were many days she used to cry to Divya telling "I see Siddiq very close as well wisher for my life and I am worried when people talk like this".

Divya used to convince her not to be worry and one day she was unable to and took her to Siddiq directly

Siddiq started laughing when he heard from them both. He explained Uma "Uma do you trust yourself that you wont fall in love with me?"

Uma lifted her head and said “Not at all. I cant even think you in any other way other than how I think my Appa. You are same like him, providing me support and courage on every circumstances. So how can I?"

"Ok. Do you think that I will propose you?"

"Not again. I know you consider me as you little sissy. And you have asked me not to call me Anna so that I will learn professional behaviour".

"Then what? Why are you bothered about the people who talk at your back? If they are courageous enough, let them comment on your face.

You know well about me. Both our family know about our relationship.

Stop worrying about others Uma. Its our life and we know good and bad.

Always remember one thing.

People talk at others, because they either have job to do or jealous on you.

Simple.

So now tell me. In future people talk, what will you do?"

Uma wiping her tears "I will smile like how my dad smiles at people when he doesnt want to respond"

"Thats my little sissy"

Divya showed her fake anger "See when I used to tell the same thing you wont bother. When your wellwisher say this, you accepted. Angry on you"

And immediately all three laughed.

Uma was grasping her college days by the time she was travelling home.

I should go and thank Chandra Mam tomorrow. How much she has helped me.

It was only because of Siddiq and Chandra Mam that I didnt struggle to get references.

When I start you earn should gift something to Mam.

Thinking all these, Uma just saw outside the bus. She realised that she has to get down now.

She got down and speedup up towards her house.

She saw her uncle standing at the street corner.

"Mama I have cleared my papers. Now I am a doctor. You dont have to pay anything for your checkup"

Uma was so excited in telling this.

But Rajan was so dull and he said in a calm voice "Good dear. I know you will be coming up with flying colors. But come lets go home".

"Mama what is this. I thought on hearing this, you should get my favourite sweet. Right?"

"Come dear. Lets go home first"

Uma realise that he is on urge to cry but was controlling and realised that something is not ok.

"Mama tell me what happened? Anything happened to mom? Is she admitted to hospital? No. I am just coming back from GH only na".

Uma's mom Parvathi is Diabetic and as she never care she often get admitted to hospital.

"No dear. Come with me"

When she was nearing her house, she noticed lots of people infront of her house.

Arunarc, Deepu04, periamma and 5 others like this.

2. cravingforhlove

cravingforhlove Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Nice . can u post one more episode today.

3. KVSiva

KVSiva Silver IL'ite

Episode 1
    Part 2

"Chitapa (Father's younger brother)!!!!

How and Why is he here? Whole Kumar family abandoned him as he married Parvathi against their wish.

It was only Parvathi' family who supported them so far.

Uma "What is happening Mama? How come Chitapa is here?"

Rajan didnt answer anything and as Uma entered the house her aunt Rani came running towards her stating "Ayyo Uma, your dad left all of us alone"

Uma was feeling as if the earth under her feet collapsed and fainted.

Water was sprinkled on her face and she opened her eyes and searched for her mom and Priya (her younger sister) and noted that both were sitting beside Kumar's head just doing nothing staring at him.

Parvathi didnt even noticed that her daughter came and fainted and everyone rushed towards her too.

Rajan “What will I do now? My sister and my princess are not even reacting" and he burst into tears.

Uma was just looking around and was unable to believe all these are real. She was trying to rub her eyes trusting that this should be a dream.

"Come out of dream Uma. Come out"

But she slowly started realising that this is real life and slowly realised that her beloved Appa is nomore.

Rani was very upset "Why none of you are crying? Its not good if you dont expose your emotions.Please cry out"

Uma was made to sit next to Parvathi and as soon as Uma kept her hand on Parvathi's shoulder, she burst out.

"Uma see your dad. What will we do now? How will I bring up you and Priya"

The whole street was in pain. Kumar is a nice person and has gained respect from his locality and hence people have joined his last ceremony.

Slowly one elder person came inside and said "we have to start the rituals. Kumar is not having son. So his brother son should do the rituals"

Uma was unable to accept the society rules that the son of from the family who have abandoned them for so many years have to do the rituals, just because me and Priya are girls

Kumar's mom Umasakthi said "Its my son and only his daughter should do his last rituals."

Noone spoke against her and Uma was made to do the rituals.

Uma's chitapa was relieved thinking that if his son escaped from performing the rituals.

How my brother might have managed Uma to pursue medicine. Surely he might have borrowed money and just because I came to see his face for the last time, it should not come on my head.

"Yes Yes. What Amma is telling is correct only. Just taking the body to electrical graveyard na. What is there girl or boy"

All rituals started and slowly Kumar was taken away from the house.

Deepu04, sindmani, Sairindhri and 3 others like this.
  4. KVSiva

KVSiva Silver IL'ite

]Hi,
    Nice . can u post one more episode today.[/QUOTE]
    Hi carvingforhlove, Done :blush:

5. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Very touchy story. Liked it very much.

creativemind23 and KVSiva like this.
  6. KVSiva

KVSiva Silver IL'ite

Thanks Leenarajaryan. Pls continue to read my further episodes :blush:

7. KVSiva

KVSiva Silver IL'ite

Episode 2

Uma woke up next day calling "Appa, where were you? I didnt see you yesterday before going to sleep"

She then realise her beloved father is nomore. She was unable to accept the truth that she can’t see her dad, can’t speak with him, cant feel his caressing on her head.

From the time, she saw Kumar's corpse and till then, she didn’t even shed a single tear.

She broke down completely and started to cry.

Parvathi and Priya also joined her.

Rajan was unable to control seeing his sister and her daughters crying and left the house.

The house was totally on despair.

Rani was taking care of all household things.

Though Kumar was abandonded by his family, his mom always support him and she is always affectionate towards Parvathi and her daughters.

She was forcing them to eat every meal.

Meantime, Divya called Kumar's number and Rajan picked up the call.

As soon as the phone was picked, she started "Uncle, you know Uma is third in our exam results. I am coming home to get sweets from you"

Rajan explained the situation to her and kept the phone.

Umashakthi was listening to the conversation and came inside.

"Parvathi get up first. You lost your husband and I lost my son. But imagine the situation of these two girls.

You are the prime support for them and you are only not taking care of yourself, what will happen to them?

You know, your daughter have cleared her exams and agree we are not in state to celebrate.

But what are we going to do next? She has to complete her studies. Right?

Instead of thinking what I am going to do without Kumar, think what you should do next"

Parvathi was simply looking at her MIL's face and kept quiet.

In an hour or two, Divya and Siddiq came home and Uma started to cry more after seeing both of them.

They were unable to convince her and was quiet sitting beside her.

A week passed and Rani said "Paru, I have to leave to my home dear. You know na, exams are approaching and Karthik (her son) took leave already and he has to cop up".

"Ya Rani, its time to leave for you. We have to start our routine.

We somehow should live our life, whether we like or not.

Birth and Death are not in our hand na.

If our beloved is nomore, we cant stop living.

Don’t worry about us. I will take care of things"

"Aunty, you also leave to your son's home. Here house won’t be comfortable for you.

I know you have knee problem and sitting and sleeping down will be difficult for you.

Sorry I troubled you. I was thinking of what you have told me.

It’s my responsibility to bring up these girls."

Umashakthi" Parvathi why are talking trouble and all. How will I leave you all alone and go home.

I said those points to make you realise the reality"

Ya Aunty, I didn’t mistake you. You people start your routine and help me in making me to be normal.”

After everyone left, Parvathi went to Uma and said "Uma, you are elder one next to me. I know your dad have not made you to face any difficulties. I will try my level best to cope up dear.

I just want to repeat same words which I told Rani. we have to live our life.

Now I am going to the house where I am working regularly and will try to get maid work at more houses.

You both stay at home for few more days and then should go to school and college."

Not knowing what to respond, Uma nodded her head.

Priya gave a blank look.

Another week passed and Parvathi started to force Uma and Priya to go to school and college respectively.

Uma went to her college like a robot.

At college she went and sat under her favourite tree and was watching the birds flying here and there.

She slowly started watching the people who are coming to Hospital.

She felt vacuum in her life, losing interest to go to her class.

Divya walked towards her "Your mom predicted so correctly. She called and informed that she forced you to come to college and she was sure you might not have attended the class"

Chandra Mam was asking for you. I informed her.

She said she will go to ward for one practical session and come back around 1pm and asked you to meet her.

Uma just nodded her head.

Chandra Mam asked to sit in the chair and stood next to her "Uma I don’t want to talk anything regarding the loss you had incurred.

But just remember only one thing. If your dad is alive and once you become doctor, what and how he wants you to be.

Unless you concentrate on your house surgeon program, how will you complete your course?

So FOCUS."

Uma "Ok Mam. When I was going back to home after knowing the results, was thinking to decide upon MD. But no mood in discuss anything now."

Life slowly became routine for all.

Uma busy with her House surgeon, Priya with her school and Parvathi getting more houses to work with.

As they are often getting upset due to the huge loss in their life, they concentrated more on their work to distract themselves.

Uma became more busy with her work due to which several days she stayed back with Divya at college hostel itself.

Slowly all were trying to live their normal life without knowing what fate is going to reveal in nearby future.

Deepu04, Sairindhri, jskls and 2 others like this.
  8. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

KVSiva
    Story is too good. Pls have some good times for Uma dear and no hard times here after....

9. KVSiva

KVSiva Silver IL'ite

Thanks Aarthi28.
    Ya sure. She should :blush:

10. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Nice story dear, waiting to read further.

KVSiva likes this.