Finest Posts - July 2016 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

TheCupid likes this.
  2. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much sai for nominating my snippets.. Really so very happy... Thanks for your wishes too :)

Sairindhri likes this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

i am very sorry that my work is compared with housekeeping staff in hotels and corporates.

jskls and GoogleGlass like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

periamma likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Cheeniya Sir

7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

I would like to nominate
    When Parenting Drifts Us Apart by Priyabaghel for the finest post.
    She deserves a pat for realising early that they should concentrate more on the child rather than wasting time discussing unimportant issues.This will prove a long way.It is time to realise that all issues cannot be pre planned and there are certain things which we can improve by planning, discussion and execution and certain other things have to be dealt with in a manner typically of'cross the bridge when you come to it"and that too much analysis may lead to paralysing.
    I appreciate her for bringing out her self assessment to the forum.I wish many modern girls do this type of introspection in the larger interest of the family.

Jayasala 42

Sairindhri and kaniths like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Dear Sai
    Thank you for your nomination of TheCupid's There Should Be A Smile, Isn’t? Believe me, it did make me smile, a genuine smile! Are you asking me how do I know it is a genuine smile? Because this smile did not cause pain to my facial muscles! Once a friend's daughter who is an air-hostess in a leading international airline was talking to me. I told her that it must be good fun to be able to visit so many countries on a regular basis. She replied, 'Everything is fine uncle but for this need to smile even when we are insulted. Try smiling, uncle, when you don't feel like it and you will know what I mean!'
    Sri

kaniths and Sairindhri like this.
  9. Cheeniya

Dear @jskls
    Thank you for your nomination of @GoogleGlass 's "free-dom" At Hindsight – "independence Of Individuals" A relationship can thrive only when there is no domination from any of the parties to the relationship. Domination can take many forms and the worst is possessiveness. In the initial stages of relationship we may even love that domination thinking that it is a sign of excessive love but very soon find ourselves scrambling for breathing space! But people who try to dominate in a relationship are more to be pitied than censured. Their act of domination comes out of a complex, a fear that they may get thrown out of it at some point of time.
    My favourite Khalil Gibran is a master of sentiments. Says he: "No human relation gives one possession in another—every two souls are absolutely different. In friendship or in love, the two side by side raise hands together to find what one cannot reach alone.” I'll gladly say Amen to that!
    Sri

Sairindhri and jskls like this.
  10. Cheeniya

Dear @jayasala42
    Thank you for your nomination of @priyabaghel 's When Parenting Drifts Us Apart A wonderful thread indeed that speaks volumes about the foresight of the younger generation in all matters. This trait is the gift of education and the modern thought process that gets refined on a continuous basis thanks to peer-level interactions made possible by social networks.

My paternal grandma had thirteen children and at times both mother and daughter were delivering children simultaneously! Parenting was a term unheard of in their times. When I had my two daughters, we had some idea of parenting but never really went after it. My wife being a housewife took a major part in parenting and it suited me. In those days, a mother's role was considered very essential in parenting. Children going astray were invariably attributed to the absence of a mother. When my daughters got married and had children, their husbands started taking more interest in bringing up the children than I ever did in all life.

Such changes down the generation have been necessitated by the need to expose the children to different perspectives as the life that they may face may be fraught with greater complexities. But at the same time, the parents must realise that their roles in parenting must be complementary and not one of confrontation!
    Sri

kaniths and Sairindhri like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.