Watcha Cooking..??

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by blindpup10, Jul 24, 2016.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@MalStrom- Thanks for the suggestion. Will surely do for next time.
    I did lamb pepper fry.

2. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

Sure Ill do..
    Great stuff u prepared. Looks like a restaurant thing! Even I like non veg (--read Chicken:p) But my hubby is a veggie.. So nothing at home! Even when we go out, we order veg. He asks me to order non veg, but I cant have so much by myself.. Then pack and eat the same thing next day all alone also doesn't work, So we end up ordering veg! :)
    I haven't prepared non veg till now. I need someone to be with me and guide me. Youtube and all doesnt work for the first time with non veg!! judging if it is properly cooked or not , adding masalas at the right time is the deal!!

blindpup10 likes this.
  3. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@blindpup10 your menus are interesting and like @anehstar mentioned sounds like restaurant wala stuff. Do try the horsegram rasam and tell us how it turned out.

Anehstar I know how tough it is if one person doesn't eat nv. But I do cook for myself or get take away sometimes. Check for some easy recipes and try first. You will get a hang of it as you go.

anehstar likes this.
  4. blindpup10

I know.. what you mean- about cooking non- veg for the first time. I didn't know either my roommates taught me to cook non- veg.
    The first time my roommates prepared egg.. I practically ran out coz of the smell :tearsofjoy:
    Ask one of your friends to show you when they are cooking non-veg. It might help you to learn.

Thank you Thank you for your compliment... I have learned to cook American after my DH nagging me- my DH doesn't eat rice coz of health issue so I try to substitute rice with shredded veggies! But I eat rice and everything! It's so annoying that I always end up eating leftovers.. coz its so hard to cook Indian for one person :(

anehstar likes this.
  5. blindpup10

Todays' breakfast- Eggs/ bacon/coffee
    Lunch- Salad and pork tenderloin roast for my H and Green pea pulao
    Dinner- we might go out tonight- haven't planned anything.

6. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

I will surely try it!! Thank you! :)

7. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

Dinner is the best !! :D:D

8. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

Yeah.. Need to ask someone to visit me soon to teach me !! Btw, You are invited !!:):)

9. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Hm
    Interesting thread.:)
    I have never planned like this in my entire life, kind of feeling like an odd man out!:facepalm::oops:
    Non veg- no way, all are veg in my family!:smile:
    Planning- impossible, I do what I like everyday, I am not good in planning at all!:eek:o_O:lol:
    Seems I am the most disorganised person here when I read this thread!:(:confused::facepalm::smash2:
    Will see whether I can hereafter, hopefully will come back when I have done so!:):D

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  10. blindpup10

@Sairindhri- You can share veg dishes.
    Dont feel left out.. with 11 month scheduling has become a habit. Before my child-- I too cooked things at whim ;)

Saturday night- Went to Thai place
    Sunday- Jeez.. This was the toughest day!! I don't even remember what I ate- I had done potato salad for lunch.
    Dinner-Rice and rasam for me. My Dh snacked crazy on kodbale/nippatu/chakkali.

Monday morning- Eggs/coffee
    Lunch- DH picking it up at his office. For me rice and rasam
    Dinner- Chicken thighs being thawed. Planning to do Honey mustard chicken thighs/ shredded cauliflower saute.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Sairindhri likes this.