Are You Psychic / Intuitive ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by madras2018, Jul 28, 2016.

1. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

A real life incident that occurred inexplicably a few years ago, propelled me to examine the concept of intuition - which is the science of knowing something before rational thought enters the picture. Since reading books like 'Anatomy of the spirit' by Caroline Myss and 'Power of Intuition' by Laura Day and several others by Shakthi Gawain, and based on my own experience, I have come to believe that all human beings are psychic - but to varying degrees (not psycho - that's another category altogether!). One particular book that stands out and gives a scientific perspective is Extraordinary Knowing: Science, Skepticism, and the Inexplicable Powers of the Human Mind

Psychic abilities are obviously much more pronounced among some rather than others - which is what explains how some have made a successful career out of it. It's a bit like having the ability of sing. All humans can sing - some sing extremely well while others can pass off only for bathroom singers. It's a talent like any other but unlike other talents, intuition at crucial junctures has been known to help people save themselves from bad relationships, bad investments and sometimes even life threatening situations.

There are also others who have much disdain for psychic abilities, declaring them fraudulent. I belong to the group which believes that intuition is a real life phenomena and has nothing to do with religion or cult or any such hokey-pokey stuff. It just is and one cannot explain it or understand it fully until one experiences it.

Being intuitive doesn't mean one has regular vivid visions of future events. It could be as simple as knowing, in your gut, a premonition (even if it is one-off) of an event about to happen. It could be having a vague 6th sense about a person. It could be having a very telling dream about something or someone. It could be knowing who might be calling or knocking on the door, before you actually answer. It could also be knowing something in a few seconds if something doesn't seem right - which many women have reported feeling when sensing danger. In essence, it's the everyday things and sometimes it can go beyond it as well.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any uncanny incidents happen to them which can only attributed to intuition or 6th sense. If yes, would you be willing to share ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2016
    type2, sindmani, Poetlatha and 8 others like this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

well maybe I am.

For eg: 14 years ago, my dad passed away and I remember 3 months before his death,i had this uneasy feeling..
    I kept asking my mom on and off "will dad be alright..something does not feel right".She got a bit mad and told me not to worry unnecessarily.

However,I remember being happy every night he came home but that uneasy feeling never passed away..
    exactly three months later,dad did not return and we got the news that he passed away in an accident..

I remember preity zinta in an interview tell the same about how she used to get a feeling of uneasiness before her dad passed away.Others might find it funny,but I totally got her!

Maybe,we all do have sixth sense...

3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Yes, To an extent I guess I have some intution and a bit psychic too. I have visited many holy places in my dreams which I have never heard/read. I have seen / still see(either dreams/visions) many incidents not only related to friends/family but a big picture globally like major earthquake that hit Japan in 2011 or the overwhelming fear and tears when MH370 went missing and so on ! It scares the hell out of me and the feeling that accompanies with such events are hard to dismiss or to get overwith. Over the years I have learnt to deal with these dreams but emotional part needs lot of work!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  4. madras2018

@anika987 - I understand that sinking feeling. I've known a close family member experience an unexplained heavy sadness, almost as though he was experiencing a loss, descend upon him the day before her sudden death in an accident. It's moments like these that make us question any cynicism we have about human life and its possibilities.

5. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Awesome thread. I would like to read other's experiences too. This is facinating.
    I would like to share few remarkable experiences of my own
    1. Long time ago, when I was still in middle school, my dad had a very hectic job with daily travel to far off distances. We had a very loyal driver that time ( we used to call him nana). Once while playing with my friends, I kept calling nana to play with us. He was making the car ready for my dad's travel. I kept telling nana not to drive the car that day. No apparent reason- but when he didnt listen, I hugged daddy's leg and did not let him go. I started crying big time. I do not remember exactly what I said that time but my dad remembers. he says I was so adamant and frightened that I called mom, granny and everyone and begged them to not let dad go to the office. Nana had to leave the car at the porch that day. When I went to school, he came back and took the car for regular servicing and met with an accident later that day before the car could get serviced. Apparently, something was wrong with the car which no body found earlier since it was running well. Thankfully nana recovered from that accident but my dad hugged me and cried with me after coming from school

2. Fast forward, I used to ride ( motorcycle) bike in my college days. Once, when my folks were overseas visiting my sis and nephew, I avoided going to college on my bike. My friend used to ride with me those days. She kept pasturing me to take my bike out instead of wasting money on taxi. My folks were away for 6 months and I had blown my pocket money on food, books and movies already. Didn't want my friend to pay for taxi all the time, so with a lot of apprehension, I took my bike out. I still remember, in the back of mind, I was feeling very uneasy that day. We left early morning around 7ish when there was absolutely no traffic on our route. I was riding the bike at my slowest speed like less than 30kms/hr. Out of no where, a big toyota innova came on us and I got hit badly. I couldnt walk for 2 months after that. Thankfully, my friend didnt get hurt like I did.

3. When something goes missing in our family, I somehow tend to search the exact place where the item could be. It has happened so many times. From last few years, if mum dad misplace anything or something is lost, they call me to ask if I can tell them the possible place to find heir missing items. 8/10 times, they have found it in the same place. One of distant relative's hubby had left her house after a huge fight. He stopped answering her calls, didnt tell anyone where he was going and was missing from work for a week. She was so anxious and scared that she reported his missing after 2-3 days. This guy never had done something like that before. I was in Delhi that time. So mum called me to pray for my relative. After few days, I kept seeing images of rivers and ocean everywhere I would go. On my screen savers, banners, malls, magazines, books, and in my dreams later. Something was nudging me, I dont swim so it is not like I was missing being in water. In one my calls, I mentioned to mom that I think this missing guy is fine and he is taking a break from family drama, preferably nearby ocean / river front. Mom told this relative and she called all his friend's who had houses, jobs nearby water front. She found him in goa after a day. My mum says, my granny was the same. Once she helped my mum find her gold chain before the relative's wedding.

Besides these incidences, whenever something good is about to happen, I keep seeing repeated numbers whenever I look at the watch for checking the time. Like 10:10, 11:11, 1:11, 2:22. Literally, like everywhere (phone, kitchen stove, wrist watch, TV, laptop almost everywhere). Now I tend to take a break when this happens and start noticing things around me. There is always some meaning in the repeated numbers. I still have to find what that is, but looks like numbers always tell us something.

6. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Very nice thread. I am not psychic and all.. But very rarely when ever we do some things, i feel that this is what going to happen and exactly same thing will happen. That happens very spontaneous and not like big incidents.

so i always think dejavu or parallel universe concept might be true.

sindmani, Poetlatha and songbird46 like this.
  7. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

very very interesting thread. I don't consider intuitive my self, but few times I read something in newspaper and I feel I already know this. But never really gave enough importance to it, but I remember for one earthquake I felt like this.

sindmani and Poetlatha like this.
  8. KashmirFlower

So sorry to know about your dad.it gave me goosebumps.

anika987 likes this.
  9. KashmirFlower

It might be really scary. My mgr said he can see energies etc and he used to get scared , later he got used to it .

Actually I read somewhere that small babies can see more than what we can see. like these energy forms.
    Even I read one article that how we can focus and see energies around a person or object. I tried for almond and I saw some blue light but later I din;t try more.

10. madras2018

I could narrate a serious personal incident but that has the risk of inadvertently revealing my identity to people in the know :)

Instead I would narrate a recent occurence - it may seem trivial but even I'm surprised at the way things unfolded.

I used to feed and care for a young kitten at a nearby park everyday for about 4 weeks - even got it vaccinated and dewormed. As the kitten became stronger & more beautiful, I worried if someone might take him home, away from his natural habitat. One day, as I suspected, he was missing in the park. I searched all over the place. I had developed a bond with the animal, and I felt bereft.

After a fruitless 1 hr search I felt I had no other option but to go home and return another day. I felt certain that he was gone and somebody had taken him. As I approached the gates of the park to leave, I noticed a young man walk in. He was not known to me, and I never usually speak to strangers. There were over 50-60 people at the park that day, but I didn't approach anyone cos it felt weird for me to ask strangers about a kitten. But I felt a strange conviction that I must ask him and that he would know. It all happened in a split second. There was no conscious thought. Just as he was about to pass by me, I stopped him and asked him "have you seen a kitten around here - he's a white and grey, and I feed him daily". Surprisingly, he said "Oh, it's your cat ? A friend of mine took him home this afternoon". Shortly after, I met his friend at his home about 2 kms away and there was my cat ! I was reunited with the cat who now lives with me.

I dont have any rational explanation as to why I chose to ask this particular person who walked in or how my exit coincided with his entry into the park. Even the young man (& his friend) was freaked out and asked me how I zeroed in on him to ask about my cat. It may sound trivial. But I feel a close bond with this animal and I'm positive that we're meant to be together :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    sindmani, NeetaR, Poetlatha and 5 others like this.