1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Totally Devastated!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sensitivegal, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

As you had mentioned that the mistake is from both the ends, you have to work on your marriage first. Anyways you are least bothered about your MIL, so leave her. Just concentrate on your hubby and fix your relationship.

• You dont have to prove your husband about yourself. He may not understand that you have changed unless you show some LOVE towards him. Talk to him more, play with him, hold his hands while talking, hug him while he leaves to work, prepare his special food. All these things, should be done with LOVE.
    • Your husband is in a mindset that, you might again fight with him and try to control him. THats why he is controlling you now. Our society people are too good that, they teach all males to control their wife otherwise wife will sit on their head. This happens at many homes. So dont counter argue with this comment. Just show him that you are trying to control him through your actions.
    • If there is any circumstances which is calling for a fight, just convey your thoughts in a decent way and move on. He will realize.
    • If he is getting angry with you or trying to bring up the fight, just keep quiet. Your silence will change him. Dont worry.Even if he tries to bring the past incidents, you ignore and move away.
    • Am not asking you to bend to his wishes like a slave, just control him out of your LOVE and affection. Once there is a proper understanding between you both, you can make him understand your thoughts.
    • From what you have written, I understand that you and your DH are basically very good and both of you want to be together. So you can very well work on your marriage and bring peace,happiness together.
    • Regarding your MIL, if there is no gap between you and your DH, she cant work on separating you guys. Other common issues of MIL, you can handle. All MIL's are same, they will never change. reduce your talking with her.
    • Regarding Sex, it is not just an act to perform.(Sorry to say this). If you work on the above points, sex also will fall in place. Foreplay needs lots of love and affection. (Hope you understand). Reduce the gap between you and DH through your love. He will also reciprocate the same love to you. The sex life also will fall in place. Even after that, you have issues, you can very well consult a doctor and fix your issues.
    Enjoy your life OP!!!...Forget the past!!!... start a new life...

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP

You repeatedly say that there are no major problems in your marriage. But your post is full of problems.
    Your husband doesn't seem to be respecting you. Before love and affection, respect is very important in a marriage.
    You have identified his low sex drive, and complained it here as an issue. How about disrespecting wife? Isn't it an issue?

Now you say you have caused some/many of these problems. It is really you, or they have made you accept this blame? Think about it.

If it is you, who has caused the problems, then you really need to introspect now. Husband's talks about his ex alliances/proposals etc are part of adult discussion. Until and unless you have a valid doubt about him being flirting or starting an EMA, there is no reason to get panicked.
    Your rules about platonic friendship after marriage is also needs a revisit.
    Let him be friends with either gender. Friendship should be friendship. Let him respect the boundaries.
    Talk to him your expectations and the family responsibilities. Other than this don't indulge in his private space.

Your possessiveness is a result of your insecurity. You need to work on this, while having an open chat with your spouse to eradicate this.

Remember, it is a serious issue when your H ignored you, and left you in dark about his new job. A wife with no knowledge about her husband's job is the height of disrespect.

So, understand your problems clearly. Just because your father or someone else say that you don't have bigger issues, it doesn't mean there isn't any. You do have problems. Now, see how better you can face them

Forget about MIL and her brainwash and the past issues when you guys land in USA. As a first step, just wait whether he changes when just the 2 of you live under one roof.

3. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

deeprapriya.. I m participating in this forum after a long time as i wanted to distance myself from all the relationship issues as im personally suffering from them in all the possible ways.. but wen i read ur reply i really felt that u had written it for me.. I really want that love n affection in my marriage too.. I wish my life with my H sorts out for the good.. Thanks :)

sensitivegal likes this.
  4. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

No problem @BDivya.... :)... My advice (which was came out through my experience), I never kept my MIL in mind's visibility at all owing to the fact that all problems were created by her. I knew very well that, DH is good untill he listens to MIL. So I started taking the soft route and worked on our relationship... till not I care a damn about my MIL.... Maintaining the relationship just for sake of her son....

5. sensitivegal

sensitivegal Silver IL'ite

Dear sgbv,,,
    What is major problem depends on each person opinion. According to me infedility/ adultery/ Addiction/ total irreresponsibility/ psychological disorders/ deabilitating chronic disease/ extreme physical and verbal abuse..
    Now not keeping me in loop about his job is seriously a not good thing.. But visiting cops 2 times , my over possessiveness was suffocating him,. He had a job loss too.. So at that time unfortunely he gave heed to his mother,.. Most men listen to their mother.. Who doesn't? I see your own past thread in the past stating your hubby danced to the tune of your parents.. It happens .. We need to act in smart way to avoid that.. He ignored me.. Disrespected,.. Well I know.. He thinks he is controlling me .. Acting tough .. Everyone goes through such periods. I love my mother a lot.. But I back answer her sometimes.. I have hurt her and ignored her multiple times .. No relationships are perfect

As I said earlier I not over possessive now.. So things don't need revisits now.. I am changed person now only with introspection and insight..
    QUOTE="sensitivegal, post: 3856134, member: 459436"]Coming to the real issue now.. I am no more over possssive now..I am in friends with his female friends now.. I have no objection for those things..
    I am not even aggressive now.. as I said honestly I am a changed person now. Earlier I was like that because of unrealistic expectation regarding the partner, unable to understand marriage dynamics..feeling lonely at USA.. With these exp I have learnt and changed myself. My husband very well knows that I am changed person.however issues concerning me now is his attitude towards me now... The burning real issue.. I want someone to tell him this is not the right way to deal with wife or a marital issue as he is throughly brainwashed by his mother.MY BEST BET IS COUNSELOR IN USA AS ALL OF YOU SUGGESTED.
    1. We have already consulted a marriage counselor, two sessions are over through Skype. I am pretty confident about this approach
    2. My hubby

As this person has rightly quoted in her second paragraph that he is good person basically.so as she said he might get tired of bieng like this. And slowly ease back into his earlier nature.
    3. Since there will be only two of us in USA he will definitely, more likely to change.
    I am more positive and 99.9% confident about all these.
    As a person my hubby is very kind.. He showed me the world by literally
    Traveling me to different places. He was very supportive of my career. I want to pursue Ph.D. There.. He did encourage ., when I didn't get selected he personally arranged meeting with director is the dept for the same.. Now tgat director is very fond of my hubby than me. He used to stick to me 24/7 .. Unlike some hubby who party / go lunch with other ppl. He used to always think how to keep me engaged in USA. I became his world. His low sex drive is also due to my quarrels more psychological ,... No physical issues here ..
    Your posts regained my confidence about my marital life.. See things throughly.. Thanks a ton guys[/QUOTE]
    So problem solved!!

PRM575 likes this.
  6. sensitivegal

Hi @IL-Admin I kindly request you to close this thread. I have got valuable inputs what I had to get.. As I see in other threads I don't want unnecessary prodding over my personal matters further. Just lock this thread not open for further replies!! I hope I am contacting the right person.

7. sensitivegal

8. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

thats gr8 to listen deeprapriya :) im not that determined like u and dont know if i will be able to keep MIL n FIL at bay and think only abt DH.. but i will surely try.. as of now i must start the initial step to bond with my DH.. Dunno if i will be able to do or not!!!

9. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

You will be able to do ...Dont worry.

BDivya likes this.
  10. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

It feels great to see the OP come back with a positive post and attitude. Keep it up! Best wishes for a great life together!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.