1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Rock The Sahm Role ✌

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubbles, May 4, 2016.

1. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

@akila,
    God !!!!! What a chart !!! I have literally no words. I mean ....Just ... Thanks... Was feeling somewhat to ask you dear...... But you just sent immediately:sob:immediately . It's a real boon.
    @shara, thanks dear
    Thanks so much,
    Cliona

AkilaMani likes this.
  2. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

hi i do prep a similar chart and stick it to the fridge! but i dont prep in table format, its just manually written/handwritten by me ;)

u created this in excel?

Bubbles likes this.
  3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Shara. Happy to share dear :) I don't know if I can post the grocery list. I was coping the excel list into paint and then uploading it as a image. The list is quite long, so don't know if it can be done. I tried, I am unable to upload it as excel :-(

4. AkilaMani

Hi CB, yes sometimes it feels like there are too many lists, but I enjoy the process of making the list :) I just do... preparing a list and looking at it makes me happy. But following it strictly is totally different. I don't usually stick to any list strictly :)

I know, our moms or mils don't use lists, but they had run things perfectly well. I think they had less distractions and stresses. I am not saying they had less work or no stress, but the things they stressed about were different from what stresses us now. Another thing is I think they too would have had their share of struggles, but we would not have noticed them while growing up. Just like how it is with me, my friends tell me that I am so perfect, my children also may think so in certain aspects, but they do not know my struggles to get things done. This has actually got me thinking.... maybe I should share my struggles with them so that they do not grow up to think that their mother was so perfect and feel bad when they are not able to get stuff done for themselves. Yes, I should share with them more... they do see me struggle with folding the laundry though.... at least that is a starting point :)

Bubbles likes this.
  5. AkilaMani

Hi Cliona, :) you are welcome dear. I am more than happy to share :)

cliona likes this.
  6. AkilaMani

Hi Divya, yes, I use excel. I log in daily to update my expenses of the day in my budget excel, so its easy for me to check my other excel sheets and mentally prepare myself for the next day and remind myself of the things to do :)

Bubbles likes this.
  7. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

@chillbreeze I am doing OK dear. Hubby is also getting OK day by day slowly. Thanks dear. I guess it's that "21 days for forming a new routine" thing. Lot of changes.
    @Bubbles Where are you bubbles? All OK there? Still searching for a doctor to replace me in the clinic dear.Haven't found a good lady doc.
    @AkilaMani Your list has become my saviour dear akila. Nutritious yet not too much procedure oriented. Thanks for that.
    Typical old Bangalore style rainy day today. Have a great day girls.
    Regards,
    Cliona

Bubbles and AkilaMani like this.
  8. AkilaMani

Hi Cliona,

Happy to hear that things are returning back to normal for you. Hope you find a good doc soon to replace.

Glad that my lists are useful to you. I created the meal plan excel at first to list down the meals / dishes I prepare on a regular basis so that I can spread them out throughout the week. I did not want to repeat dishes often. We usually do it without the help of these lists, but creating it and seeing it visually helps me play around a bit, and also made trying to include at least 2-3 millets and wheat items regularly a little more easy. It is fun to plan. When I know what needs to be done and also knowing what I have helps tremendously with doing things efficiently in the mornings :)

Bubbles likes this.
  9. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

I always used to pen down everything and I have been practicing to write down and plan my days from earlier times, means before marriage! But after marriage its different.. Now im writing down the meal plans, wekk ahead plans, DS food plans, grocery plans, .. and what not! BM and AM , basically im doing the same thing-penning down my plans..but the plans now vary!! What a change i have gone through in a few years!!! :fearscream::shocked:

cliona, AkilaMani and Bubbles like this.
  10. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Started typing out this post yesterday, so here it goes:
    @chithirainilavu :hello: Thank you! You have a very poetic username yourself, Shara, I was musing if your real name was Poornima..;) Do share some tips and tricks for people like me.. :)
    Ditto Ditto!! :D
    That is so sweet of him!
    ha ha same here! And @chillbreeze too!! :beer-toast1:
    I agree with you in this.. All personal events are being celebrated 'large scale' today..and somewhere somehow the true meaning and poignancy of the real event is lost in all the fanfare.. I dont like this trend.. I'm more for meaningful celebrations.. And I feel parties are best kept separate from life-milestones. Maybe that's a bit idealistic..
    I have totally overlooked this natural pause, and have ended up feeling bad whenever it happened... thanks for reminding me that this is normal!!! :)
    aaaaaaahhhhh @chillbreeze, you made my day!!!! Can I frame this up in my living room? :D
    Don't you ask your kids to help out with chores sometimes? I'm already anticipating those days.. not to offload, but to inculcate a habit of keeping home so my daughter will manage her own house casually without sweat.. with son-in-law contributing..:rolleyes:
    wow.. u r the living proof of my dreams.. :biggrin:

cliona, AkilaMani and chithirainilavu like this.