1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dh Not Letting To Go For Mom Side Function

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sweetygals, Jul 27, 2016.

1. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

Wow if i had been in your position i would not sit here type about my hubby..instead i would have booked tickets for my dearest granddad function for me and my dd ditching both my hubby and mil..let them cry foul ..who cares

2. ranirm

ranirm Bronze IL'ite

Op do tell us what you have decided..

3. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

OP, he needs to understand, that when you abide by his wishes and not go for the Kanakabhishkam, he preserves his ego , but LOSES YOUR RESPECT FOR HIM. If you go anyway in spite of his saying no, he loses BOTH, his ego AND YOUR RESPECT FOR HIM. Perhaps he may do well for himself by being fair, handle the situation wherein, he does what is right and INCREASE YOUR RESPECT FOR HIM.

You should try appealing to his sense of right and wrong

4. charanya147

charanya147 Silver IL'ite

Awesome @bron...... I like your guts ;):beer-toast1:

bron likes this.
  5. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

6. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions.... Now i have an idea to approach it. And go for grand dad function. Just waiting for things to be cool. Will keep posted :)...

As u all said yes many times my feelings were hurt. He has tried to dominate for many things. Even to go out for small shop i should let him know in the initial days of marriage. If he says no need, i should sit at home. We had many fights for this. And he would call it as caring. (even to go to my parents house for vacation in where my MIL will keep saying let her stay with me. I want her to get attached with our family. She has complaint for everthing. So i dont care) I will start crying that i miss my parents. I learnt it is really bad reaction after seeing this website :BangHead:. So he will do what i want. Without consulting his mom. Saying i'm doing it for u and ur happiness.Then slowly days went i could see little differnce in his behaviour. But with his mom reaction made him back to square one. And he would say his mom is always correct.

After kid So out of frustation i strted telling i dont u need any more. I'm independent. Cant tolerate ur mom taunts anymore. Leave me.
    He consoled me said his mom his aged, not understanding. I'm nice to u always. Then i could see a drastic difference in him.:banana:. Slowly i had understood that i have a big weapon. Strted using it carefully. Now he always say by keeping a puppy face that mom not understanding u understand me. I'm talking on behalf on u so much. It is just tat you are not seeing any changes. Thatsy i adjust with him. Feeling that he might be change again. Dknw how to react :disappointed:

7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Good for you. When you know your power, you can being the relationship to an even keel. Well done!

You need to be strong and firm and not bend to his emotional blackmail. Tell him simply that you understand what he faces with his mum and that is the reason you compromise so much as far as mil goes. In this instance you really do not want to let your family down. So you do the emotional blackmailing on him. Tell him you don't want him getting a bad name and he has to handle his mum his once. Power to you dear!

Sweetygals likes this.
  8. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

Oh you keep a puppy dog face too..and tell him please let me do what am doing :p

Sweetygals likes this.
  9. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Try to be super nice wife after booking tickets for function. Get two good sarees for your MIL and SIL and give it your husband, say that "you will miss them a lot for this year diwali but you know ur dh and ILs are such a great souls and understand ur situation " :p :p

10. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

Do this ..let them burn:p

Sweetygals and sweetsmiley like this.