1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What''s In Your Bread Basket Today?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Jul 6, 2016.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear @jayasala42 madam,

Your baby cradle converted to junk box beats all other 'bread basket' stories in here. If a small bread basket could house so much, imagine the storage possibilities in a baby cradle. Wow! :biggrin: Anyway, I am glad that the baby was unharmed in all the tossing and throwing action. Thanks for sharing this story with us ma'm.

Your story about the keys in the idli batter and @shobhamma 's story about the keys in sambar vessel are hilarious. Sounds like something that could potentially happen in my own kitchen.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  2. meenasankaran

You are a laugh riot @Srama . Such reverence to a loaf of bread. I will make a mental note to never make you a sandwich from the bread in my basket for I now fear your wrath too. :smile:

Srama likes this.
  3. meenasankaran

Indeed they do. :)

BlackMan likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks for bringing a smile on my face with your compliments Meena dear which made me feel happy . I can understand dear , since my children and grandchildren are not there I have time thats why I am able to spend time here and fulfilll my wish of writing snippets. The encouragement and inspiration which ILites give me makes me strong and to write more and more. ONly thing now a days old friends dont give me feedback, except a few and all newcomers give me feeddback I can understand when they get time they are able to give feedback to the best threads and since I write often they must be bored hearing my stories .

meenasankaran likes this.
  5. Pickle

Pickle Silver IL'ite

My head is that 'basket'. The things am looking for are either on my head or I know in my head where they could be otherwise. Either way a win win for me.

6. meenasankaran

Dear @Akanksha1982,

First, please accept my apologies for taking so long in responding to your comment. Life is annoying when it gets in the way so much. :)

The trick is in restricting 'safe' places in our home to under 3 so we can actually zoom in on them in an emergency. It took a long time for us to pick the bread basket and stick with it. As for Sunny deol opening the door in his home and stepping out to Switzerland, what can I say except reality sucks big time for us regular folks.

7. meenasankaran

Dear Neetu,

After reading about your enormous cot and its enormous possibilities, I am thinking I might have been hasty choosing a bread basket for this project. Still it has served me well. It always seems to hold more than what it should so no big complaints here. :) Thanks for the lovely feedback Neetu.

8. meenasankaran

Dear Pickle,

Talk about mobile storage! How nice for you to be lugging all you ever need with you at all times. You are truly an inspiration for folks like me. :)

Pickle likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,

I am late here but I really don't know how I missed this. Like Pickle, I am also very systematic in keeping things in specific places. Of late, I get diverted before I place them back in specific places after I return from my car rides. My son and wife always keep things whichever place they reach first. They both invariably ask me where to find them. I am seriously considering keeping an open box right in the middle of our living room so that they both can throw everything inside. At least, they can save searching time.

Viswa

10. meenasankaran

Dear Viswa sir,

I find it very interesting that all families have this innate balance with some members like you and some like me. If you want to be technical about it, the disciplined and the clueless (or loonybins as we are colorfully called). It is a strange combo but it works. I have to be honest and tell you that in my family, the scale tends to tip sharply on the clueless side most days. I am glad to see you here anytime. Besides, I am sure I don't have to tell a great philosopher like you that early and late are relative terms. :)