1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lost My Jewelery Box

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anu1215, Jul 25, 2016.

1. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends,
    i just came home from vacation, its been two months away from home, i took all jewels to india, only simple jewels which i wear occasionally have left in the jewelery box and kept in safe place in closet.
    now the box is missing, we have home security and i have called them if someone break my home (they dnt get any home break in alarms (if any robbery happened the theif must be taken expensive things in the home) and my doubt is on the only peson who have access to my home is my cousin, (he is well behaved and he should not be stolen jewels his dad is very rich) but who else should be taken. am losing my sleep thinking about the jewels, those jewels are with me from last 11 yrs and never lost anything. how do i ask my cousin without hurting him.

Thanks
    anu

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@anu1215 ,
    first of all carry out a thorough check again cleaning out the complete cupboard, other places you usually keep
    the box. As u have been away for so long, there are chances you may have forgotten where exactly it was kept. After making yourself 100% sure, you can mention to your cousin that you have made a thorough search and the box is missing. JUst tell it as a statement instead of asking him about it. You can judge from the reaction later. Wish for you to find it safe.

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP ...are you sure of the place you kept the jewelery box?
    Have you ever kept it some place else?
    Was the closet not locked and the jewelery not secured?
    Please check the house completely ...not once but twice.Ask your husband to check it once too.
    I have found lost jewelry after a few years n the same bag I had searched a few times.
    Try to remember the day you kept the jewelery.....

sindmani and KashmirFlower like this.
  4. niriha

niriha Bronze IL'ite

Hi OP,
    Check the complete home for twice ... I have a habit of keeping money in a safe place and forget the place... Will get it when I search for something else..
    You would have search a lot, but try again but not in a hurry...

Regards,
    Niriha

5. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you all joylokhi, yellowmango and niriha for replying, i found my box in the linen closet, i forgot the place, i remeber now, while leaving to india, i tried multiple places like closet, under the bed and other bed rooms and lastly linen closet , after coming back i searched all the places but forgot the last place where i put the jewels in linen closet.
    it was a big releif, thank god and i dnt ask my cousin.

ashima10, joylokhi and Amica like this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@anu1215, I'm glad you found it. :)

And I'm really glad you didn't ruin your relationship with your cousin. :thumbsup:

KashmirFlower likes this.
  7. niriha

niriha Bronze IL'ite

Happy for you anu...:)

8. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

How easily the mind thought "cousin took it"? Sad.

9. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

very sad, i know, if no one was at my home i woudn't think like that, when we were in india he bought couple of friends and stayed for couple of weeks, so i thought will check with him if by anychance he saw the box or his friends,(that doesnt mean he took the box) and 2 yrs back there was a same situation where my kids bracelets were missing for 2 months and we had through search house and cars, one fine day when am loading groceries i found in the trunk, my cousin was with me.